lol.gif
mexico.gif
im-sad-smiley.png
Mob.jpg
Premium_2_Led.jpeg
CoinTaker.JPG
BA9S_3SMD3528_with_cap.jpg
011.JPG
There are 223 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 11 years ago

I said it a week ago and I'll say it again... I swear by cointaker.

1 week later
#202 11 years ago

Has anyone purchased machines through them?

They've quoted me drastically under what others have.. I'm ready to pull the trigger on an acdc premium, but I can't seem to get them to take my money. A very frustrating experience thus far, one that makes me truly apprehensive to hand over piles of cash, regardless of discount..

Maybe someone could PM to let me know if the price is legit?

#203 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

They've quoted me drastically under what others have.. I'm ready to pull the trigger on an acdc premium, but I can't seem to get them to take my money. A very frustrating experience thus far, one that makes me truly apprehensive to hand over piles of cash, regardless of discount..

Yes I purchased a Tron Pro a few weeks ago with all kinds of mods on it for a great price from Chris at Cointakers and was very happy with the purchase. Since I live near him I picked it up, but I'm sure he'd ship the game to you as he's quoted me prices on other games NIB to my house. He does have the best prices around. I'd call him as he's easier to reach via phone most of the times than email. Hope that helps out.

#204 11 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Yes I purchased a Tron Pro a few weeks ago with all kinds of mods on it for a great price from Chris at Cointakers and was very happy with the purchase. Since I live near him I picked it up, but I'm sure he'd ship the game to you as he's quoted me prices on other games NIB to my house. He does have the best prices around. I'd call him as he's easier to reach via phone most of the times than email. Hope that helps out.

I 2nd that...I Bought my Avengers LE from him, I was able to pick it up & he had the best price..

#205 11 years ago

Thanks to the responses, and the help from Deyanks!

Post edited by Deaconblooze : cleared it up

#206 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Funny, they always have seemed to be about $100 more than the quotes I've gotten from other distributors on NIB pins. Funny how some get better prices than others from different distributors.

#207 11 years ago

I just wanted to chime in that I have more LED kits, and LED's from Cointaker than I care to admit too. Always top notch on service and product. Any questions I have had were answered and problems were taken care of at their expense. The one or two issues I had that is. No issues here either.

#208 11 years ago

I have the same experience with them, about the best customer service I've ever experienced...very responsive. Surprised to hear these complaints.

#209 11 years ago

We just bought a pin from Chris & Melissa on Tuesday Night. We called on Monday, Chris called us back & set up pick up for Tuesday night. Customer service was excellent. We had a very positive experience!

#210 11 years ago

Cleared things up, all is well.

#211 11 years ago

I've created my own LED layouts using Cointaker Products and have always been VERY satisfied!!!

They were actually short on one LED (just one!!!) and notified me about it before the order shipped....then sent me the single item when it was back in stock...super Customer service!!!

I'll keep using them...the non-ghosters are great!!!!

#212 11 years ago

Hand picking your own is the only way to go. Never had a problem when I do it that way. Kits suck!

2 weeks later
#213 11 years ago

I just ordered the super kit for my T2 with the upgrade to premium for the extra $20....wish I would have read this thread sooner. Might have taken the time to build my own "kit"....takes SO long though and I probably would have missed something. Hopefully they wont and I will be alllll good. Excited!

#214 11 years ago

I agree to build the kit yourself is ideal, but I really believe if this is your first LED purchase and not sure which kind of whites and colors you like ( frosted, supers, etc.)you should get the kit for your machine or their sample kit as it gives you a good idea of what is what. You can always swap out different bulbs as you see fit and use them on other games. My worthless 2 cents.

#215 11 years ago

Never had a problem with them. Always answer the phone. Melissa spent 15 minutes with me on the phone today picking out LED's for my new Scared Stiff. They are always great at the shows too!

#216 11 years ago

cointaker is the balls, i place an order with them weekly, and i can count on my order being correct, and timely, also just put a deposit on a avatar le,the deal was easy to do, and was a great price, can't wait to pick it up at allentown. the people on this thread that are bitching, obviously dont run a business, and understand, their are only 24 hours in a day, you do the best you can, screw the nay sayers.

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Hand picking your own is the only way to go. Never had a problem when I do it that way. Kits suck!

I like the kits its a good starting point if I find any discrepancies I tell them and they
make it better. all good ...I already bought 2 kits and will buy another shortly.
keep up the good work CT..

#218 11 years ago

Reached out to them and cleared things over. All is well.

#219 11 years ago

I wish I was closer

#220 11 years ago

Closer to WI ?

#221 11 years ago

lol

#222 11 years ago

Whenever I order a kit from Cointaker, I just include an extra $15 or $20 and tell them to throw a bunch of assorted LED colors and styles in the package along with the kit. I figure hand picking a hundred or more leds for an individual pinball game is guaranteed to result in an error or two, even for the most careful packer, and also occasionally an LED is defective. I don't fault Cointaker or anyone else for these minor issues. Its just easier in my opinion to spend a few extra bucks and have a pile of extras in my hand to make up for any mistakes or defects rather than to have to stop in the middle of the job and wait for replacements to arrive. When all done with the pin, the extra LEDs go on my spare parts shelves for another game down the road or for use as an accent light on another game. Its not like they will go to waste.

#223 11 years ago

I have to agree

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 223 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-money-and-time-taker/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.