(Topic ID: 18405)

Cointaker lighted flipper problems. Anyone else?

By the_pin_family

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    post_30.jpg
    post_29.jpg
    post_31.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I bought a set of the lighted flipper buttons at the allentown show a few weeks ago. I love them, I think they look great. Last night they worked, this morning they didn't. I haven't had time to sit down and investigate but I did check for voltage before I left the house and the voltage is correct. Both buttons are out, all 6 leds. The coin door works, lights and switches. I believe thats where they get there power. Im just curious if anyone else has had problems with these. When I get home ill figure out the problem and post. Since I bought them at the show I have no receipt and no way to return them, if thats even possible after a few weeks. Sucks, kinda disappointed. Maybe its an issue with my pin but it looks like im good.Looking at the setup I would think one side or the other would go out but not both. I may be wrong, ill have to look closer.

#2 11 years ago

I will say this, the customer service at cointaker is second to none. I called them a little while ago and got voice mail. I didn't leave a message, I figured everyone went home for the day. I just checked my voicemail and apparently missed a call from Chris at Cointaker. Anyone that returns missed calls that fast is ok in my book.

#3 11 years ago

They've been great several times with me. Got some LED's at Allentown and no lie, the one mystery mirror yellow bulb crapped out within an hour. I thought it was me and checked it elsewhere and it was shot. Emailed them asking if they've had issues not expecting anything, other than an honest answer. I got both an honest answer, " a few bad ones" but they mailed me out a set of 5 of the newer style. They've been great.

Do have any pictures of them installed when working? I keep looking at the pics and videos and want to do it to one of mine but can't quite decide if I like them yet.

#4 11 years ago

Mine work great

#5 11 years ago

No problems with the ones I have on my Tron LE

#6 11 years ago

Give then a call and they'll likely take care of you. Would love to see these on a machine if anyone has pictures. Almost bought some for my SW DE when I bought an led kit but ultimately decided to pass for now.

#7 11 years ago

I talked to Chris at Cointaker. Goof guy. He said shit happens, send them.back with my name and address and he'll send me a new set. No receipt, no problem. Totally stand behind their product. Customer for life. Good job cointaker. I don't have any pics but when I get the New set ill be sure to post some. They do look great.

#8 11 years ago

Do these work on older games? I have an F-14 (sys 11), and after browsing their website, the LED flippers are listed for Stern, then generically. Any success with System 11? Anyone with experience?

#9 11 years ago

I just put a set of red ones on my BSD that I snagged at the Seattle show from cointaker. They look great, but I need to install some sort of light shield as there is alot of light bleeding up through the apron..

Anyone got pics of some light shields they have bought or made?

#10 11 years ago

Anybody find them tighter and maybe even a little sticky?

#11 11 years ago

It seems unlikely to me that *both* of them would just break. Did you debug power to the connector?

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

Anybody find them tighter and maybe even a little sticky?

Man, that don't sound right!!!

#13 11 years ago

Just a thought, have you tried hooking them up to a power source to see if they light? Maybe something is wrong with the connector?

For the one asking for pics. This is on a homemade virtual pinball cab I just built (still pending my glass and lockdown bar).

First pic should be with the lights on. Second is inside the cab to see how bright they arem the third is with them off and the last is onther side with them on. Super bright room. I can take pics with the light a bit more dim to help show but they are nice.

post_31.jpgpost_31.jpg post_29.jpgpost_29.jpg post_30.jpgpost_30.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Didn't like the third pic. Resized and trying again.

IMG_0949.jpgIMG_0949.jpg

#15 11 years ago

Have them on my DM. They look awesome.

#16 11 years ago

Couldn't leave you hanging on the dark pics. Hope this helps.

IMG_1018.jpgIMG_1018.jpg

#17 11 years ago

Yea, I have trouble that both sides went out. Ill be home in a few min and im going to dive right into it. Tested for power before I left the house and it was good though.

I do have lots of blinding light escaping through the cab and pf also. Im planing on trying the same rubber striping I use for the beer seal. A strip across the top should do it and not interfere with anything. hopefully.Ill post pics if it works well.

#18 11 years ago

Any tutorials or help with these on older games?

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

For the one asking for pics. This is on a homemade virtual pinball cab I just built (still pending my glass and lockdown bar)

Thanks for the pics!

#20 11 years ago

I have them hooked up to the coin door board just like CT says to do in my T2, and it keeps blowing a fuse in the backbox. Had to disconnect them as I have no clue why it keeps doing it. Called CT and he doesn't know either.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Xanathar:

I have them hooked up to the coin door board just like CT says to do in my T2, and it keeps blowing a fuse in the backbox. Had to disconnect them as I have no clue why it keeps doing it. Called CT and he doesn't know either.

My guess is your leaf switches are shorting them.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

My guess is your leaf switches are shorting them.

Even with them not mounted on the flippers buttons ( Hold them in my hands ) the fuse blows.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Xanathar:

Even with them not mounted on the flippers buttons ( Hold them in my hands ) the fuse blows.

There's probably an internal short in one of the two. If it were me, I'd separate them and test them one at a time rather than both hooked up.

#24 11 years ago

I found a very thin slice 3/4" through the + wire about 2 inches from the board. Hard to see down in the corner but when I went to disconnect it the lights flickered. Didn't take buy a couple min to find it from there. It's as good as new now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-lighted-flipper-problems-anyone-else and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.