Topic Stats

• 275 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo.JPG
IMG_2603.JPG
NGG_LED_backbox_comparison.jpg
Texas_Pinball_pt_3_005.JPG
ToM_065.jpg
ToM_066.jpg
ToM_071.jpg
007.JPG
AFM_New_Years_Eve_031.JPG
AFMFIN2_010.jpg
AFMPFS_021.jpg
HS2_Prem-_Pt_2_005.JPG
HS2_Prem-_Pt_2_001.JPG
HS2_-_Premium_led_s_003.JPG
ALL_Right.gif
Sopranos_in_Leds_009.JPG

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 7 years ago

Sorry if we missed your Email, not sure what happened. Please feel free to give us a ring to follow up on the issue so we can get it taken care of as soon as possible!

I emailed them about some LED's that I had accidentally ordered the wrong ones and I wanted to ship them back to swap them for the right ones. I emailed them directly and through the website. I never got a reply. Since the ones I ordered were useless to me, even without receiving a reply, I just packed them all back up, printed out my email and shipped them back. I still haven't heard anything yet, so them being "badass" about customer service has yet to be proven to me.

I realize it was my own stupid fault for not researching what I needed more specifically, but part of customer service is agreeing with the customer, even when they are wrong. I shipped them all back at my own expense and the cost of the replacements should be the same as the ones I mistakenly ordered.

To be continued...

#202 7 years ago

Nice to see CoinTaker on these boards.
I purchased a bunch of LED's from you guys at the Dallas show and my second mail order should be arriving tomorrow. Love your LED's and everybody at your booth was great to talk with.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Metalpin:

Definitely wasn't the right way for you to deal with it. You probably would've just gotten the LEDs free. For the record, the customer is not always right. Businesses absolutely need to strive to provide excellent service, but sometimes customers/clients need to be called out when they are wrong. I used to feel differently and more naively, but after 20+ years as a business owner, you learn to know better. Most Americans now seem to have gotten spoiled and expect too much for nothing.

Yes, I agree. Most Americans now seem to expect too much for nothing... which is why I returned them and didn't try to take advantage to keep them "for free"... I simply want the correct ones.. *edit* which I got now, Kudos CoinTakers

#204 7 years ago

Just put in my order for all the LEDs for F-14. Took me a while, and about 100 sample bulbs from different places to decide on what looked best where, but i finally got it all together.

Decided on Cointaker LEDs for 99% of the spots. The premium 2-led non-ghosting ones are pretty badass.

Thanks cointaker!

#205 7 years ago

Class act by CT again as always. I just ordered a pretty lame, small order to tweak a few games. Ordered yesterday close to lunch time, came at noon today and installed. That's fast!

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I shipped them all back at my own expense and the cost of the replacements should be the same as the ones I mistakenly ordered.

Did you send them some money for shipping?

They already used up the first shipping money sending you the parts you ordered incorrectly.

#207 7 years ago

Ok, I can now also confirm their customer service is bad ass. It took them a while since they were away at a show but I sent bulbs I ordered by mistake back to them and they replaced them with the correct ones with no hassle. I also got an IOU for some that were out of stock. Fair enough. A+

#208 7 years ago

Another $7+ saved on the order for the XF pin .

#209 7 years ago

Thanks for this.. great product saw them at the Seattle show and the bulbs are far superior in quality to marco.. I had a few from marco and the top twists off ruining the LED.. total joke.. these units are built well to prevent damage..

1 week later
#210 7 years ago

Saved $10.99 on my recent order! Thanks Pinside and Cointaker.

#211 7 years ago

Thank you Melissa for the great service and the Pinside discount. CT is the only place to buy LED's IMHO

#212 7 years ago

Just got like my 4th shipment of cointakers. I have had the tops twist on a few of them, but they keep working. Very happy with the products so far.

I have tried the 2-led premiums, the super flashers, the 5 led high power ones, and almost all of their GI options, all are very good.

#213 7 years ago

I recently got a chance to see the premiums in action and they looked great even in a pulse situation. I need to get my hands on some.

#214 7 years ago

I just ordered 3 full machine kits plus some other LED buttons e.t.c. last night

$700 worth of stuff (+ the pinside discount of course).
(I even needed them sooner so she overnighted them at HER COST?!?!?)

This is easily my 10th+ order with them and have NEVER had a problem.

I will personally never order LED's anywhere else (with the exception of some random colors here and there from Terry of course).

P.S. MOST of the time there kits are very well thought out (color wise) and occasionally get a bulb confused (555 to a 44 or vice versa).

This is actually NOT their fault (as Melissa explained) because most pinball companies in the hay-day of mass producing games would just solder in whatever socket they had laying around (whether it be a 44 or 55) to roll the game out the door, so there isn't a 100% 1 size fits all guide (although they are always damn close).

In the event there are any discrepancies just email Melissa and she ALWAYS makes it right

1 week later
#215 7 years ago

Thanks for the discount CT and pinside
Just saved 27.79,covers shipping and more.

2 weeks later
#216 7 years ago

BIG HUUUUUUUUGE TY COINTAKER

Ordered a kit for WPT and received it in a couple days. I waited 3 days to install them because it was a busy weekend and finally finished up Tuesday. There were a few extra 555 and a few short 44. I e-mailed them at 6 am and received a reply by 8 am. Had the missing bulbs in the mailbox when I got home! A pleasure and TY for the discount. PS i had some old extra LED's that I used in the meantime and they ghost, the non-ghost ones I ordered don't. Very happy with the product and service!

#217 7 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Melissa is awesome! I am very lucky to have a wife that supports me and my hobbies!

Chris

#218 7 years ago

Ordered a kit on Friday night and received it yesterday (amazing turnaround)! Discount was an amazing add to their great service and product!

#219 7 years ago

I have to throw my two cents into this CoinTaker thread. In the last year alone, I have probably purchased 20-25 LED kits. The product is great, and the service is even better. It has to be a total pain-in-the-a** sorting out bulbs for all of those kits. Shipping is lightning quick and if there is a problem Melissa is like a customer service ninja.
Do not hesitate to shop with CoinTaker... I just hope that they start offering repair parts for these new Stern boards as they are destine to become a nightmare with the soldered in LED's. Someone is going to have to head that one off.
Thanks again to CoinTaker,
Andrew

1 week later
#220 7 years ago

While I realize that this is an older thread, my hat is off to BlackRose for setting up this discount/coupon code! I just placed a semi-large LED order and the 10% saved me a cool $19.80! I wasn't sure if this discount was still active, but I'm happy to report that it is. Thx again BR & Cointaker!!!

#221 7 years ago

Yes, big thanks to BlackRose. I will be placing an order to soon to outfit my SST and TSPP with LEDs.

#222 7 years ago

What do you do to get the discount?

#223 7 years ago

Choose checkout, not checkout with PayPal. You can still use PayPal to pay, but the checkout with PayPal option does not allow you to enter the coupon code. On the third page of checkout, enter "Pinside" in Coupon Code, and click Apply Coupon.

#224 7 years ago

You need to type in "PINSIDE" *all caps* for it to work...

#225 7 years ago

Thanks Chris , Melissa and B_R !!!!! $36 dollars saved on my order.

#226 7 years ago

Gotta order some tonight for DH...always love CT. Tried the others and they are awesome...but CT is even above them.

#227 7 years ago

COIN TAKER RULES!

Jon

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotta order some tonight for DH...always love CT. Tried the others and they are awesome...but CT is even above them.

I ordered some 555s when i mean to order 44s. Was it the beer? Maybe. But I have never sucessfully ordered without making mistakes...and I'm starting to thing I do it subconsciously so I have to put in another order.

#229 7 years ago

First Cointaker order just placed. Small order, so small discount. A penny saved is a penny I can spend on other pinball stuff.

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

A penny saved is a penny I can spend on other pinball stuff.

Or a couple more LEDs. It's just like the bar; charge me less for a drink and I'll tip more

2 weeks later
#231 7 years ago

cointaker is great.

ordered some LEDs from them this week, but didn't know about the discount. no big deal.

customer service is outstanding.

thanks to BR for working this discount out with them!

#232 7 years ago

Would I be crazy to order the "full kit" for WH20, SM, LOTR, and IM? Even with the discount (Thank you Mr. Rose) $768 is a LOT of coin! Is it worth it guys?

#233 7 years ago

I'd order one kit so you can get an idea and a variety of LED's and then for the others you can order exactly what you want. The kits are good, but as others here have said, you'll want to get your own order. You can use the LED's from the one kit and see what looks best in all your machines. At first it was hard for me to understand the differences of the different lighting: warm/cool, concave vs. frosted vs. plain super's, etc.

#234 7 years ago

Yeah, I have no clue as to the different kinds. I just love the way my X-Men looks. I would love for each pin to look JUST like it does!

3 weeks later
#235 7 years ago

Man I wish I dug deeper into these forums before I bought my SM and STTNG sets.

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Man I wish I dug deeper into these forums before I bought my SM and STTNG sets.

The Cointaker folks are the best!

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Would I be crazy to order the "full kit" for WH20, SM, LOTR, and IM?

If you do buy a kit(s), get the ghost busting premiums for the inserts.

Quoted from dmacy:

I'd order one kit so you can get an idea and ... see what looks best in all your machines.

1 week later
#238 7 years ago

I am looking at ordering the Super Kit for TAF. Does anyone have experience with them in this machine? Will I need the Premium upgrade for ghosting issues? Or do they work fine as is in this pin?

#239 7 years ago

My TAF had quite a few inserts which ghosted.

#240 7 years ago

Thanks SealClubber. So spend the extra 20 bucks then.

#241 7 years ago

This is a nice Pinside perk. Placed an order today and used the code.

Thank you for making this available to us.

#242 7 years ago

CoinTaker is adding Another Led to his Collection .. The New No-flicker frosted LEDs . They should be available Soon !!

#243 7 years ago

Just made my first CT order. Gonna finish blinging out my DM after seeing B_R's! Thanks for the 10% code!

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Just made my first CT order. Gonna finish blinging out my DM after seeing B_R's! Thanks for the 10% code!

I heard that !!!!! http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-in-leds-b_r-s

Anyway , CoinTaker has Their New Premium 2 Frosted Led's available ..

http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc?categoryId=211

#245 7 years ago

Saved 10 bucks!!!! thats 1/2 a lapdance!!

#246 7 years ago

Pre ordered for EXPO amazing deal ... Thanks!

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Saved 10 bucks!!!! thats 1/2 a lapdance!!

Dunno where you get your lap dances from...there mostly $50 here

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Dunno where you get your lap dances from...there mostly $50 here

50!!! for 60 you can go to the back room and well ---- Good old PDX I have like 7 strip clubs with in a mile. Stripping is like being a waitress in this town ( well except for its not)

1 week later
#249 6 years ago

Placed my first order last night, sure it wont be my last. Very easy to spend alot of money there.

#250 6 years ago

Must have be an LED day.
Got my discount, Thank You

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside