AFM_New_Years_Eve_031.JPG
AFMFIN2_010.jpg
AFMPFS_021.jpg
HS2_Prem-_Pt_2_005.JPG
HS2_Prem-_Pt_2_001.JPG
HS2_-_Premium_led_s_003.JPG
ALL_Right.gif
Sopranos_in_Leds_009.JPG

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 11 years ago

Going to place my LED order here in a little bit......are they pretty good about getting the bulbs shipped fast? How long does it usually take just curious is all.

#153 11 years ago

Really fast. Blistering. I'm in Michigan and they get here in 2 business days from Sudbury PA.

#154 11 years ago

I wanted to chime in and say I used the discount to aquire my TSPP leds not long ago. Thanks so much!

#155 11 years ago

Chris & Melissa @ CoinTaker are the Best !!! In the comment Box , ask for an led that you would like to Try a ( sample ) a Premium 2 or a Premium Super , ( what-ever ) Specify 555 or 44 .. Like they say ,, You will Never know until You try it !! Tell them B_R sent Ya ...

#156 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Chris & Melissa @ CoinTaker are the Best !!! In the comment Box , ask for an led that you would like to Try a ( sample ) a Premium 2 or a Premium Super , ( what-ever ) Specify 555 or 44 .. Like they say ,, You will Never know until You try it !! Tell them B_R sent Ya ...

cool did just that bro!!! Also, saved 15 dollars on my first order thanks BR and CT!!!

#157 11 years ago

I buy from no other. I seriously think I have over 500-600 LEDs from them - and I have three machines. I love experimenting and trying new things here and there.

I've graduated to buying the flipper button light up kits from them now. Man, this is getting more expen$ive than $0.69 LEDs ...

#158 11 years ago

Anyone used those new premiums with the funky caps in GI and got any pics? How bad is the strobing with them? How much light do they throw out the side?

I'm going to use their frosted ones for my STTNG GI unless I hear very good things about these...strobing doesn't bother me TOO much but I'd like to eliminate it if possible, and I don't want to pay 2.50/bulb for Noflix LOL.

#159 11 years ago

Anyone used those new premiums with the funky caps in GI and got any pics? How bad is the strobing with them? How much light do they throw out the side?

Funky !! They are Different . I have used them on The Sopranos and Now Getaway . I like them , but if a Pin doesn't Ghost w/ the Super's or Frosted's that's what I will use .. Every Led in a Pin doesn't Ghost , It's Good to have some Premium's on hand for the insert's that do..

Here's a Video with Premium's in Every insert and some GI area's .. They do the Job Well !!!
Excuse the Sound , unless you have an Up-graded Sound System on yr Home PC , I have the Bass turned up to High .

HS2_-_Premium_led_s_003.JPGHS2_-_Premium_led_s_003.JPG HS2_Prem-_Pt_2_001.JPGHS2_Prem-_Pt_2_001.JPG HS2_Prem-_Pt_2_005.JPGHS2_Prem-_Pt_2_005.JPG

#160 11 years ago

LOL, it's a Pinsmas Tree.

#161 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

LOL, it's a Pinsmas Tree.

Ya know, bathing in the light of your pins can be better than xmas.

#162 11 years ago

When exactly does this discount show as being applied? I just put a kit in my basket, put the code in, went all the way to Paypal, and it still didn't show a discount.... I haven't placed an order yet b/c I want to make sure I get it.

#163 11 years ago

I think when you put it in your basket and then hit apply, "PINSIDE" (remember, all caps!) and it then shows.

#165 11 years ago

Works for me, every time. It won't calculate until you go to checkout.
Doesn't have to be all caps, either.

#166 11 years ago

Nevermind, you were right.... Had to get to nearly the last step before it shows being applied.

#167 11 years ago

Just placed the order for my FULL custom led kit for STTNG. GI, flashers, backbox, inserts, the whole hotdog, and some extras to spare to use on Space Shuttle when I get it back this weekend after it being at a friend's house for two months! Thanks again for setting this up.

#168 11 years ago

And got it in the mail today. Awesome! Box is a bit beat up, the wife sent me a pic. Hopefully there's no damage to the contents. Those flashers are damn expensive!

#169 11 years ago

It'll be fine. They package well, all types bagged and labeled separately with plenty of wiggle room.

#170 11 years ago

Yeah, they're all fine or looks to be. I've installed about half. Will get to the rest except the GI within a few days. That is my ONE pet peeve with cointaker. The way they label their bags, sure it keeps the cost down, but as soon as you touch the bag, half of the marker wears off. Thankfully, most of their stuff is visually distinct, so not too hard to know what is what lol.

Loving the new premiums in STTNG..no flicker at all on the x multipliers or the ship modes indicators.

Is it just me, or do the flashers seem kind of "blah" when used in the backbox? I can kind of see why, you've got like these 10 LEDS or whatever, and the way the backbox is oriented, only one is pointed directly at the translite. I'm impressed with the brightness of them on the playfield, just in the backbox where I was using some colored flashers for effect....not so much.

#171 11 years ago

I like PBLs flashers for the back box and other straight up applications. Cointakers are better for throwing light in all directions.

#172 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I like PBLs flashers for the back box and other straight up applications. Cointakers are better for throwing light in all directions.

Might give em a shot or look for some colored bulb 906's then. I have other places I can use the ones I bought, and I need some parts from PBL anyways.

#173 11 years ago

anybody get the color changing LEDS yet? Im thinking about getting about 6-12 of them for demo man......

#174 11 years ago
Quoted from pacattack13:

anybody get the color changing LEDS yet? Im thinking about getting about 6-12 of them for demo man......

Oh hell yes. slow fade are the coolest.

#175 11 years ago
Quoted from pacattack13:

Yep - got them in JM and TFTC. WELL worth their price, and when done correctly - look outstanding. Slow changing colors for me too.

#177 11 years ago

I put one behind the Enterprise in my STTNG backbox. It's actually VERY subtle,you wouldn't even know it's there unless you're looking real hard for it. I may find another use for it because it's very underwhelming actually!

#178 11 years ago

Behind the electro-globe storm thingy on the WW stormchaser van. Use a CC super on a flex base and position it dead center. Beautiful.

#179 11 years ago

Those cointaker flex premiums are freaking amazing. I'm getting them in places that were impossible for any kind of bulb before. Most recently a few in STTNG and under the bandit target inserts in Cactus Canyon. All the difference in the world. Great to be able to thread them around parts and aim where needed.

Michael

#180 11 years ago

And those orange flex premiums are *very* bright for orange LEDs as well. I'll post a picture of my STTNG tonight, it's crazy bright, and I totally borked my order...for some reason I thought I needed 19 44 orange flex?! I think I was trying to get 555's..... Oh well, guess they'll go in Space Shuttle!

#181 11 years ago

Anyone who has the TRON (non LE) LED kit, would you recommend the kit as it comes. Or would you change anything ?? I am looking at getting the COMPLETE SUPER TRON LED KIT with the PREMIUM KIT UPGRADE.

#182 11 years ago

Cool white flexis for the Martian eyeball mod.

AFMPFS_021.jpgAFMPFS_021.jpg

#183 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

nyone who has the TRON (non LE) LED kit, would you recommend the kit as it comes. Or would you change anything ?? I am looking at getting the COMPLETE SUPER TRON LED KIT with the PREMIUM KIT UPGRADE.

I think some people added some extra blue and orange leds separate for the slingshots and outlanes. I am looking to get the same thing.

#184 11 years ago

I use the colors sparingly, mainly under the caps and rollover guides, clear inserts get cool whites, the rest get warm whites and retro warms for the GI.
Don't like the kits and only use colored LEDs if the inserts are faded.
I use colored Super Bright spots to light the weldments.
Thanks for setting up the discount B-R, I just saved another 14 bucks.

AFMFIN2_010.jpgAFMFIN2_010.jpg

#185 11 years ago

Here was my AFM , All CoinTaker Led's of Course ..

AFM_New_Years_Eve_031.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_031.JPG 007.JPG007.JPG

#186 11 years ago

That looks great B-R, you may want to use flexis in a couple of spots, that left hallway plastic hits you right in the eyes through the hole for the Martian rod.
You can see it in your pics.
Another spot to use them is along the right side of the Lobster ramp, you can move them to the left to just light the ramp.
There is one near the top I couldn't get right, I just moved the socket over to the hole the wires go through.
AFM was the first game I put led's in and when it was done I didn't like it at all, too many hot spots.
The Cow ramp I used Retros and the light was bouncing off the metal guides, I used 1/2" risers on both sockets to focus the light on just the underside of the ramp.
I used cool white flexis under the hallway plastics to eliminate that hot spot and light them evenly.
I couldn't get the Return to Battle insert to light evenly so I added an led to the center.
I put a piece of double sided tape on the board and hard wired it to the socket on the left.
Just pull a flexi out of the base.
I did the same thing to the mother ship, I pulled the socket and hard wired one to the board, no more messing with a blown 906 in that spot.
I also used white condoms on the two bottom retros under the slings to eliminate those two hot spots.

I just finished ToM last night and received the rest of the order of leds to finish up the lighting, will post pics when done.

#187 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

Anyone who has the TRON (non LE) LED kit, would you recommend the kit as it comes. Or would you change anything ?? I am looking at getting the COMPLETE SUPER TRON LED KIT with the PREMIUM KIT UPGRADE.

I just got mine and put it in. I was suprised the inserts weren't color matched much. THey gave you cool and warm whites for cool and white colors, but that was it. Id also recommend getting some orange and blue for the GI instead of just using the cool white bulbs, but thats my preference.

#188 11 years ago

DrStarkweather, You able to post up a few pics of the new LEDs ??

#189 11 years ago

ToM is done, looks great and plays like a smooth criminal.

ToM_071.jpgToM_071.jpg ToM_066.jpgToM_066.jpg ToM_065.jpgToM_065.jpg

#190 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

DrStarkweather, You able to post up a few pics of the new LEDs ??

Ill get em next time Im around my machine, currently working off-site.

1 week later
#191 11 years ago

Cointaker is badass about customer service I'll be typin that code in for my WWF Royal Rumble LED kit and my Gottlieb Gladiators...

#192 11 years ago

Great service with super fast shipping!! Will definitely be purchasing again soon : )

#193 11 years ago

Bought a bunch of sample LEDs from them to find out which ones I want where in my machines, and they were great. I almost cant believe they took the time to label each baggie individually. Fast shipping, and the discount was much appreciated!

#195 11 years ago

No, because I wanted to try some very specific ones. I bought a bunch of the ablaze ones as well to compare.

#196 11 years ago
Quoted from clgipson84:

Cointaker is badass about customer service I'll be typin that code in for my WWF Royal Rumble LED kit and my Gottlieb Gladiators...

I emailed them about some LED's that I had accidentally ordered the wrong ones and I wanted to ship them back to swap them for the right ones. I emailed them directly and through the website. I never got a reply. Since the ones I ordered were useless to me, even without receiving a reply, I just packed them all back up, printed out my email and shipped them back. They returned the ones I needed back to me along with an IOU for the ones that were out of stock. Their customer service is indeed, badass.

#197 11 years ago

Have you tried calling them? Half the time they say just to keep the LEDs.

#198 11 years ago

Anyone have vids or pics of a TSPP with a full LED kit?

#199 11 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Anyone have vids or pics of a TSPP with a full LED kit?

Did you check youtube ??

#200 11 years ago

Definitely wasn't the right way for you to deal with it. You probably would've just gotten the LEDs free. For the record, the customer is not always right. Businesses absolutely need to strive to provide excellent service, but sometimes customers/clients need to be called out when they are wrong. I used to feel differently and more naively, but after 20+ years as a business owner, you learn to know better. Most Americans now seem to have gotten spoiled and expect too much for nothing. Small businesses are struggling to stay afloat right now, and too few think about anything but themselves. Sure, some business owners are crap, but there are still some great ones out there. I'd certainly put CT in the good category. Sorry; my rant is certainly not directed at you, but times are very frustrating right now. I remember a time when a lot more people were thankful for the services provided to them. If I had half of what I have given away over the years, I could probably send both my kids to school and retire.

Quoted from DarkWizard:

I emailed them about some LED's that I had accidentally ordered the wrong ones and I wanted to ship them back to swap them for the right ones. I emailed them directly and through the website. I never got a reply. Since the ones I ordered were useless to me, even without receiving a reply, I just packed them all back up, printed out my email and shipped them back. I still haven't heard anything yet, so them being "badass" about customer service has yet to be proven to me.
I realize it was my own stupid fault for not researching what I needed more specifically, but part of customer service is agreeing with the customer, even when they are wrong. I shipped them all back at my own expense and the cost of the replacements should be the same as the ones I mistakenly ordered.
To be continued...

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-leds/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.