Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by snaroff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

Try PinballBulbs also. Easy to order as the frosted quickly turns into a "superbrite" when you remove the cover.

Maybe give the flipper led strips a shot too... really tops off the led look with almost "heavenly" light pouring out of the apron area. Practical also as you can watch your ball handling skills ending with a drain in full HD

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mantra:

I've used Cointaker on 4 of my games there great..make sure you order non-ghosting premium only for the kits or individuals. I don't like ghosting/bleeding effect if you use anything else.

You also want to do your research before spending more money on non-ghosting bulbs. A lot of games (Wms at least) don't ghost so it's a waste of money installing them. And you definitely don't need them for GI's...

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Cometpinball.com is Art/Oldpinguy on here and he has great prices on bulk orders. If you are wanting to make your own kits, I recently redid 2 of my machines for about $60 total with his bulbs. I have used PinballLife before and their cheap bulbs are good but not too powerful, so they are best for inserts and not GI. My spiderman came with a Cointaker kit already in it and looks good, but I dont know about paying the high price when I could piece it together myself much cheaper. It just depends on what you are looking for as far as having bulk stock to make your own design or a pre-made kit so you dont have to worry about figuring it out from scratch. Good luck!

Well I've noticed Pinball Bulbs don't charge anymore for a kit than singles... the reason the kit is more $$$ is because of the flipper LED strips, rear PF LED strip and usually 2 dual spotlight setups.

But that's what makes their kits look so unique. Of course you could always get some strips there and then put in your own choice of colors, etc...

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Personally, I used cointaker when I needed a specific kit otherwise I get bulk bulbs from pinballbulbs.com and make my own.
    Either way, always get premium/no-ghosting LED's for the inserts. Trust me.

Why? I just did JM and NF and they don't ghost. So if I would have bought the higher priced bulbs I would have spent more money for no good reason.

I think you need to research each title or risk throwing money away... unless I'm missing something?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-leds-2?tu=manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.