Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by snaroff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I just ordered some cointaker LED kits and am very pleased. I used them cause they were very highly recommended. Im thinking about doing a few more games. Should I even shop around or just stick with them?? Ive never really messed with LED lights but theirs seems fine to me. Suggestions??

#2 10 years ago

Cointaker is a great co. Have done 5games using there product they ship fast and will back up there product

#3 10 years ago

Pinball bulbs is another good site

They too have a Pinside discount. "Pinside"

#4 10 years ago

Try PinballBulbs also. Easy to order as the frosted quickly turns into a "superbrite" when you remove the cover.

Maybe give the flipper led strips a shot too... really tops off the led look with almost "heavenly" light pouring out of the apron area. Practical also as you can watch your ball handling skills ending with a drain in full HD

#5 10 years ago

Cointakers been great for me

#6 10 years ago

I'm in the same boat... just made my first order from cointakers last week when they wrapped up the 20% off coupon. I ordered a pretty good amount of lights with the intent of doing my Tron Pro. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

#7 10 years ago

I've used Cointaker on 4 of my games there great..make sure you order non-ghosting premium only for the kits or individuals. I don't like ghosting/bleeding effect if you use anything else.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ice9ers:

Cointakers been great for me

Quoted from Manic:

Try PinballBulbs also.

These two are both great quality products and good folk to deal with.

#9 10 years ago

Cointaker bulbs are quality but I don't like kits I usually mix in a some pinball life single LEDs for small inserts and there new non ghost are less $.

#10 10 years ago

Cointakers are great for areas that could use some brightness. I prefer a combination between CTs and PinballLifes. PinballLife's are better for small inserts. Less blinding.

#11 10 years ago

Cometpinball.com is Art/Oldpinguy on here and he has great prices on bulk orders. If you are wanting to make your own kits, I recently redid 2 of my machines for about $60 total with his bulbs. I have used PinballLife before and their cheap bulbs are good but not too powerful, so they are best for inserts and not GI. My Spiderman came with a Cointaker kit already in it and looks good, but I dont know about paying the high price when I could piece it together myself much cheaper. It just depends on what you are looking for as far as having bulk stock to make your own design or a pre-made kit so you dont have to worry about figuring it out from scratch. Good luck!

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mantra:

I've used Cointaker on 4 of my games there great..make sure you order non-ghosting premium only for the kits or individuals. I don't like ghosting/bleeding effect if you use anything else.

You also want to do your research before spending more money on non-ghosting bulbs. A lot of games (Wms at least) don't ghost so it's a waste of money installing them. And you definitely don't need them for GI's...

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Cometpinball.com is Art/Oldpinguy on here and he has great prices on bulk orders. If you are wanting to make your own kits, I recently redid 2 of my machines for about $60 total with his bulbs. I have used PinballLife before and their cheap bulbs are good but not too powerful, so they are best for inserts and not GI. My spiderman came with a Cointaker kit already in it and looks good, but I dont know about paying the high price when I could piece it together myself much cheaper. It just depends on what you are looking for as far as having bulk stock to make your own design or a pre-made kit so you dont have to worry about figuring it out from scratch. Good luck!

Well I've noticed Pinball Bulbs don't charge anymore for a kit than singles... the reason the kit is more $$$ is because of the flipper LED strips, rear PF LED strip and usually 2 dual spotlight setups.

But that's what makes their kits look so unique. Of course you could always get some strips there and then put in your own choice of colors, etc...

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from joekiss:

Should I even shop around or just stick with them??

www.cometpinball.com

Best prices and excellent product!

#15 10 years ago

I always deal with Cointaker. Chris and Melissa are great to deal with and if you don't go the kit route, they will talk you through some choices of other bulbs for your pin.

Phoebe

#16 10 years ago

Another vote for Cointaker.

i have order 1000s of bulbs from them.

Individual bulbs to customize machines and kits (Jurassic Park, Lord of the Rings, Shrek, Theater of Magic, Star Trek) to make things easier.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jags:

http://www.cometpinball.com
    Best prices and excellent product!

Another vote for Comet pinball, Art is a great guy and has great deals

#18 10 years ago

Personally, I used cointaker when I needed a specific kit otherwise I get bulk bulbs from pinballbulbs.com and make my own.

Either way, always get premium/no-ghosting LED's for the inserts. Trust me.

#19 10 years ago

Stick with the Taker, they wont do you wrong.

#20 10 years ago

There are plenty of choices out there

Cointaker.com - been around the longest.
    Cometpinball.com ultra low prices, bulk bulbs
    Niftyled.com good product selection
    Pinballbulbs.com good alternate to comet

#21 10 years ago

Cointaker all the way for me , super service !!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Personally, I used cointaker when I needed a specific kit otherwise I get bulk bulbs from pinballbulbs.com and make my own.
    Either way, always get premium/no-ghosting LED's for the inserts. Trust me.

Why? I just did JM and NF and they don't ghost. So if I would have bought the higher priced bulbs I would have spent more money for no good reason.

I think you need to research each title or risk throwing money away... unless I'm missing something?

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Why? I just did JM and NF and they don't ghost. So if I would have bought the higher priced bulbs I would have spent more money for no good reason.
    I think you need to research each title or risk throwing money away... unless I'm missing something?

You're correct, not every game out there will ghost. Some do, some don't, depending on the software too. It doesn't make sense to throw money away on the non ghosting when the game doesn't ghost to begin with. If you're new to LEDs you should order some samples and see what each bulb does in your game

#24 10 years ago

I only use Comet now - the price/quality ratio is there making them the best value on the market.

#25 10 years ago

Cointaker customer service is second to none. They provide outstanding service after the sale.

Kits are a great solution if you're lazy (like I was), but I'd buy everything individually now. Their kits are good, but it is a lot more satisfying to design your own look for a pin and the result will be so much better.

#26 10 years ago

I have used CT in the past, pretty good product. Overall their CS seems a little slow and unresponsive at times. I've asked some questions about a kit I wanted over 3 weeks ago now and have heard nothing in return.

So I took my business to Comet, should have my first order from Art in a couple days. If his bulbs are as good as his customer service is (pretty certain they are).......he will be the only one I'll use in the future.

Pinballlife is pretty good, no overall complaints.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

You're correct, not every game out there will ghost. Some do, some don't, depending on the software too. It doesn't make sense to throw money away on the non ghosting when the game doesn't ghost to begin with. If you're new to LEDs you should order some samples and see what each bulb does in your game

When I buy in bulk, I get Premiums for the inserts, end of story. I am very sensitive to lights and even the slightest ghosting annoys me. However, the other main reason is because I LED mostly Sega / DE / Stern games which all ghost in the inserts when using regular LED's. For the extra $20 per game or whatever increase, I'll take it.

#28 10 years ago

I just purchased my first LED kit from PinballBulbs (for my MB). Wow...the spotlights and well placed LED strips make a huge difference. All the bulbs worked and fit properly...no exceptions. I've been living with a half-baked LED conversion that I did a couple years ago. I'm happy to now have a fully baked solution from PinballBulbs. Customers service is also very good.

I don't believe Comet sells LED kits, but Art has a great variety of bulbs to choose from. I've been having a blast experimenting with many of Art's bulbs. Great guy and really does a great job supporting his customers.

#29 10 years ago

+1 for Art with Comet. Great guy who is truly customer focused. He is extremely easy to do business with. http://www.cometpinball.com
    Al

#30 10 years ago

yay! an LED debate.

cometpinball. period. a nice quality bright bulb, at the best price i've seen. i've used cointaker and pinball life, but i'm not too much of an LED user. inserts only for me, on some DMDs.

don't buy premade kits, you damm sheep. make it your machine, not another clone.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from joekiss:

I just ordered some cointaker LED kits and am very pleased. I used them cause they were very highly recommended. Im thinking about doing a few more games. Should I even shop around or just stick with them?? Ive never really messed with LED lights but theirs seems fine to me. Suggestions??

Pinball Life for me since I normally am buying other parts with any LEDs I buy. Speaking of that, I will have a nice big old box from them waiting for me when I get home tonight.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from youdontknowme:

don't buy premade kits, you damm sheep. make it your machine, not another clone.

In general I agree, however after being in the hobby for 4-5 years, I bought my first LED kit from PinballBulbs (for MB). Couldn't be happier with the result and ordered extra double spotlights for my other B/W titles.

Comet and PinballBulbs have much different approaches to the LED biz, however I think both are great new companies to buy from. I like doing business with both James @ PB and Art @ Comet. Great customer service from both.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-leds-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.