Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

02D24C6C-9B1B-4674-A42D-C5D7C8AA06FE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from mtbpinball:

Bought a Cointaker kit for my Centaur. 6 leds short. This is the first time for them and am disappointed. My friend said call and they will send them. He uses them alot and said he is short 1 or 2 sometimes. The fact that they may make good is nice....but now have to call them-wait for missing leds. Is this common with them?

You’ve got 11 machines (and will presumably buy more) so you shouldn’t be buying kits.

Buy 100 packs of White 44 and 555 and 25 packs of colours. I get mine from Comet but I’m sure Cointaker do bulk packs too. Buy a $3 container from KMart and you have your own custom LED workshop.

Works out WAY cheaper. Plus you can chop and change the lighting to your personal preference.

rd

02D24C6C-9B1B-4674-A42D-C5D7C8AA06FE (resized).jpeg02D24C6C-9B1B-4674-A42D-C5D7C8AA06FE (resized).jpeg

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from mtbpinball:

Also... wanted to add that this is the first pinball that I've ever changed to LEDs . I own ones that have LEDs -but bought them that way . And the reason I bought a kit was because I have no idea which type leds to buy.

I like LEDs ... but I hate my retinas being scorched out.

For a nice look, without being ridiculous, I use White Comet 2 led dome tops in my inserts. They provide much more light than standard bulbs without having to wear ray-bans.

For coloured inserts, I use Comet 2SMD bulbs. They are a little brighter than the whites, which they need to be to shine through the darker inserts.

I usually leave the GI with incandescent bulbs.

I’m sure Cointaker has the equivalent LED bulbs to these, if you prefer to buy from them.

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-kits-short?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.