(Topic ID: 11281)

Cointaker Ghost free LEDs

By SealClubber

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WhenPigsFly.jpg
    hell-froze-over.jpg
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago

just ordered a few of those can't wait to try and see the difference and with the discount for pinsiders it's even better!

thank to BLACK_ROSE for making the discount happen!

#52 12 years ago

I just ordered a bunch of the SP Warm LED's on Thursday but have not received my confirmation email that they have shipped?? Damn Pirates!!

#53 12 years ago

anyone got link to news story?

#54 12 years ago

I just got some cool white GBs from cointaker in the mail today. Will try then out later tonight.

#55 12 years ago

I seen these non ghosting LEDs on CTs site....what are they for? Are they for the more modern DMD games? Or is this "ghosting" issue a problem on any machine which showcases LEds??i honestly don't know what this issue is....and what the lights do as a preventative thing.

#56 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I seen these non ghosting LEDs on CTs site....what are they for? Are they for the more modern DMD games? Or is this "ghosting" issue a problem on any machine which showcases LEDs??i honestly don't know what this issue is....and what the lights do as a preventative thing.

Leds will stay on partially when they are not suppose to be lit at all. Usually you'll see a a faint light under an insert on. On my SM and LOTRs, it was terrible. On those 2 games it was unbearable for me to play (and others). I put the ghost busters in from PB and they worked great and looked good. I have never had any problems on the later WMS/Bally games with this just mainly Sterns. After SM & LOTR I stopped LEDing my Stern machines. I wanted to try some cointakers and do a comparison so I bought a few to test. I want to do Avatar LE because I feel the machines inserts are crying for me to do it.

#57 12 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Pinballerchef said:I seen these non ghosting LEDs on CTs site....what are they for? Are they for the more modern DMD games? Or is this "ghosting" issue a problem on any machine which showcases LEDs??i honestly don't know what this issue is....and what the lights do as a preventative thing.
    Leds will stay on partially when they are not suppose to be lit at all. Usually you'll see a a faint light under an insert on. On my SM and LOTRs, it was terrible. On those 2 games it was unbearable for me to play (and others). I put the ghost busters in from PB and they worked great and looked good. I have never had any problems on the later WMS/Bally games with this just mainly Sterns. After SM & LOTR I stopped LEDing my Stern machines. I wanted to try some cointakers and do a comparison so I bought a few to test. I want to do Avatar LE because I feel the machines inserts are crying for me to do it.

Thanks TOM...that makes more sense to me. So is this only an issue with lights underneath the cab?? Now that you mention the issue I have seen this happen with some of my insert LEDs from CT on my BSD....but I never gave it any thought...interesting. It is noticeable as it does catch my eye....not that it is overly annoying but I can see where it would be annoying...as the lights aren't supposed to act like that.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-ghost-free-leds/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.