(Topic ID: 41086)

CoinTaker frosted LED comparisions (w/pictures) Warm/Cool white + colors

By Pac-Fan

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ct_frosted_compare.jpg
    ct_ab_white_compare.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I just did a lot of testing of CT frosted LED's (internally using 2 mini SMDs). I made another thread last night specifically about the new warm white Ablaze's available from PinballLife. This thread is about the variety of frosted LED's available from CoinTaker.

The pictures below pretty much say 1,000 words. These were all the #44/47 Bayonet mounts. Main complaints: Yellow was yellow green (and DIM!), no two cool white or warm white's looked the same color temp, and all of the wide dome/ring ones were very loose and need gluing to keep the wires from breaking inside.

Overall, the warm white frosted look great for playfield GI, and may work for most backboxes; but I did notice that the dead center of them caused a purple dot in red art on the backglass on my High Speed, so I'm not sure what I will do there. I need to take some pictures of all the non frosted CT variants in warm white as well to show differences in illumnation, but nothing comes close to matching the wide base dispersion like an incandescent as the frosteds.

ct_ab_white_compare.jpgct_ab_white_compare.jpg ct_frosted_compare.jpgct_frosted_compare.jpg

#2 11 years ago

You might want to post this in the LED sticky thread, great work!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-frosted-led-comparisions-wpictures-warmcool-white-colors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.