(Topic ID: 156033)

CoinTaker Feedback & a Thank You!

By Spyderturbo007

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I wanted to post some feedback for my recent dealing with Melissa at CoinTaker.

When I bought my Metallica about a year ago, Melissa threw in a Red Tremor shaker motor with the deal. As some others have noted, it's an extremely powerful shaker, and wasn't to my liking so I had turned it off. No big deal, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

A few weeks ago, I decided I was going to go postal on it with a reciprocating saw in an attempt to tame it. Unfortunately, not only did I strip out one of the set screws, cutting the weights with a reciprocating saw didn't work out very well since I didn't have a vice. I recommend anyone trying to cut them down use a band saw.

Anyway, I sent Melissa an email about purchasing new weights and a set screw. She told me not to worry and she would send them out at no charge. I thought that was very nice of her and sent her a thank you email.

About 2 days later, I received a package from her, that I thought was a little large and too heavy to be two weights and a screw. I opened it up and what did I find....The entire guts of a new shaker motor (Motor, wiring & weights)!

I wanted to post a public Thank You to Melissa and CoinTaker for going above and beyond for someone who has only purchased one machine from them. I've only bought one NIB Stern, but they can be assured that they have a customer for life.

Thanks Melissa!!!

#2 8 years ago

Some the Best People in the Hobby!

#4 8 years ago

Melissa and Chris are really the best people in this hobby to deal with. Genuine, honest and friendly.
    In fact, Melissa takes being customer friendly to a whole other level.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Some the Best People in the Hobby!

Big thumbs up to you Art - Very classy, especially since they are a competitor...

#6 8 years ago

Cointaker is among the best in the hobby. Only people I buy nib from.

#7 8 years ago

I have always had great customer service with cointaker. They have great products also!

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from songofsixpence:

Big thumbs up to you Art - Very classy, especially since they are a competitor...

I don't think of them as competition, but more of an inspiration to emulate as how
    all business among hobbyists and friends should be run.
    That, and I'm a customer too!

#9 8 years ago

Melissa is awesome. Cointaker has gotten 2 of my NIB purchases and multiple orders for LEDS and other mods for a reason.

#10 8 years ago

Great to deal with, they have my business for life.

#11 8 years ago

I have a GB premium on order with them and I'm sure it won't be the last NIB I purchase through Cointaker.

#12 8 years ago

Chris and Melissa are amazing. When I was looking for a distributor about a year ago, I read through all the reviews of all the major guys here on pinside and choose Cointaker because of all the positive customer service stories. For the most part, all of these guys are within a few hundred bucks of each other on price, so its not a matter of pricing or availability for me, I wanted to make sure I was picking the guys that would provide the best support, and that is exactly what Cointaker does.

Two thumbs up!

#13 8 years ago

I agree. I have purchased many LED kits here. If ever there is a problem they address it in a timely fashion.

#14 8 years ago

Melissa and Chris are Great people to deal with. Just bought a Full Throttle from Cointaker, and Wow ! Their Service before and after the sale is A +.

#15 8 years ago

Melissa is top shelf! Her and Chris are assets to this community.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-feedback-a-thank-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.