(Topic ID: 155042)

Cointaker color changing shooter rod install

By yzfguy

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

How do these rods work with a Williams style housing? I have a show quality chrome one from the Refinery on my Stern Met and would like to get one for my GB when it comes.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I had to sand the chrome face of shooter housing on all my games (including chromed out TRONLE). Williams housing the same (on my TZ and TAF). Has to be a good electrical connection or the rod will flicker. I've read some did ok without having to sand the Chrome, but not mine. It's virtually invisible when the washer covers it. It's far and away my favorite shooter rod mod ( I've got color changing, pulsing, other effects depending on the game), and I like the feel of the round ball as opposed to grabbing a head or emblem or something....highly recommend!!!!

The chrome job the Refinery does is thicker and top notch so I'll have to do as you did. Thanks MK

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Here is a pic of the red on our KISS at the TPF.

image_(resized).jpeg

Looks white to me. Sorry just had to do that.

#22 8 years ago

It's gonna look great along with beatmasters shooter housing light up on my GB Premium.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was nervous, but promise you wont even notice it I used a metal file

Piece of cake, I've drilled holes to run wires in new pf's, drilled holes in ramps to get at pop cap screws so I didn't have to remove the whole ramp and attached pieces for just one screw, drilled big center holes and 2 smaller ones so I could ad mini domes to the pop caps of my Avatar LE, removed, heated and bent a pf plastic on Mustang pro so I could light it up with a led strip and more....all without batting an eye. They all turned out great too.

#26 8 years ago

I think I'm a creative kind of guy you are too. You should see the inside of my garage finishing I'm doing myself, turning out pretty nice.

But back on topic...OP, get yours mounted yet?

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Not yet.... I m ordering a new housing to try it on in a vise and if I am successful I will swap out

Do you have a solid color or a color changer? With either a great addition would be beatmasters shooter housing light up and my new LED Leg Light-Up.

You never said what game it's on.

1 month later
    #62 7 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep....alot of guys did this when they broke the other housing trying to get the brass out. I think the B/W can slide around a bit more, too, so you can line up the rod perfectly w the ball (a Lloyd tip that has helped me in the past).

and if you want the Refinery has a show quality chrome B/W one for sale and boy is it nice. I've got them on 4 of my games along with their show quality leg bolts which makes the regular bolts look like trash.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from glasairpilot:

I just bought an interactive backbox panel for STLE and it is probably one of the nicest mods for any machine I have seen.

Well you must not have seen my LED Leg Light-Ups or Beatmasters shooter housing light up yet then. They make the front of your cab come to life with light.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-color-changing-shooter-rod-install?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.