4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Anyone install one on a stern? I want to put one on a met but don't have instructions . site says ya hafta alter the housing on a stern and I am unsure about the placement of the washer that is wired up to power it.
    Thanks for any help

#2 4 years ago

I was thinking about ordering one for my me. so I also would like to know.

#3 4 years ago

The gold looking bushing needs to be removed and use a standard sleeve as the LED shooter rod uses the housing for the ground. The black coating should be sanded also for good electrical contact.

I just put one in a KISS we will have on display at TPF. I will post some pics when we get it set up tomorrow.

You can also reach me at
    570-847-6366

#4 4 years ago

Awesome! Thanks. I wrote you but it was after hours and didn't wanna bother you if someone here had my answer. You da man!

#5 4 years ago

I like to use a B/W Shooter Rod Housing with the Orbit LED Shooter Rods, comes in Chrome so you don't need to sand off the black paint as you would with a Stern Shooter Housing + it's a PITA to to knock out those Brass Bushings in the Stern housing.
    Pinball Life has the B/W Shooter Housings for about $10 & don't forget to buy a B/W Nylon Shooter Bushing.
    If Chrome doesn't go with your Game do what Coin Taker suggested.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Awesome! Thanks. I wrote you but it was after hours and didn't wanna bother you if someone here had my answer. You da man!

Chris and Melissa @ Cointaker Rock!!! They are the only ones offering the LED rods to my knowledge, and work great...have on several of my machines ( need to order a couple more, and keep forgetting ...)...mark

#7 4 years ago

Hey thanks, we might make it down your way this summer for some motorcycling, maybe some time for a few games of pinball!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_-_K:

I like to use a B/W Shooter Rod Housing with the Orbit LED Shooter Rods, comes in Chrome so you don't need to sand off the black paint as you would with a Stern Shooter Housing + it's a PITA to to knock out those Brass Bushings in the Stern housing.
    Pinball Life has the B/W Shooter Housings for about $10 & don't forget to buy a B/W Nylon Shooter Bushing.
    If Chrome doesn't go with your Game do what Coin Taker suggested.

Greg ( Mindorbits) hasn't offered his rods in quite some time.........bushings knock out pretty quick, I've had to sand my chrome housings, as well ( just where the washer makes contact of course)....glad you've had good luck not having to do that.......

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Hey thanks, we might make it down your way this summer for some motorcycling, maybe some time for a few games of pinball!

Man, name the time, and you're more than welcome....I'll insure you guys have a great time, and definitely get some pb in!!!...mark

#10 4 years ago

Has anything changed with the coin taker shooter rods since last year? I have a couple of mind orbits rods and they work great but my coin taker rods don't seem to work to well. They don't launch the ball without a problem so I removed them from the games I had them in.

#11 4 years ago

The earlier ones were a mm thick with the plating. We have the new rods that are thinner. For the old ones I've had to remove / sand the rod for free and easy movement. Seems to do the trick.

#12 4 years ago

These look amazing in game!

Awesome Chris and Melissa!

#13 4 years ago

Here is a pic with the bushing and black coating removed.

image_(resized).jpeg

#14 4 years ago

Looks like Texas carpeting!

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Here is a pic with the bushing and black coating removed.

image_(resized).jpeg

Yep, nice and clean....

#16 4 years ago

How do these rods work with a Williams style housing? I have a show quality chrome one from the Refinery on my Stern Met and would like to get one for my GB when it comes.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How do these rods work with a Williams style housing? I have a show quality chrome one from the Refinery on my Stern Met and would like to get one for my GB when it comes.

I had to sand the chrome face of shooter housing on all my games (including chromed out TRONLE). Williams housing the same (on my TZ and TAF). Has to be a good electrical connection or the rod will flicker. I've read some did ok without having to sand the Chrome, but not mine. It's virtually invisible when the washer covers it. It's far and away my favorite shooter rod mod ( I've got color changing, pulsing, other effects depending on the game), and I like the feel of the round ball as opposed to grabbing a head or emblem or something....highly recommend!!!!

#18 4 years ago

Here is a pic of the red on our KISS at the TPF.

image_(resized).jpeg

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I had to sand the chrome face of shooter housing on all my games (including chromed out TRONLE). Williams housing the same (on my TZ and TAF). Has to be a good electrical connection or the rod will flicker. I've read some did ok without having to sand the Chrome, but not mine. It's virtually invisible when the washer covers it. It's far and away my favorite shooter rod mod ( I've got color changing, pulsing, other effects depending on the game), and I like the feel of the round ball as opposed to grabbing a head or emblem or something....highly recommend!!!!

The chrome job the Refinery does is thicker and top notch so I'll have to do as you did. Thanks MK

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Here is a pic of the red on our KISS at the TPF.

image_(resized).jpeg

Looks white to me. Sorry just had to do that.

#21 4 years ago

There is no question that these are a nice visual and the nicest feel in your hand.

#22 4 years ago

It's gonna look great along with beatmasters shooter housing light up on my GB Premium.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

The chrome job the Refinery does is thicker and top notch so I'll have to do as you did. Thanks MK

I was nervous, but promise you wont even notice it I used a metal file - 1" nice and clean/ even....otherwise, the thing will blink and bug the crap out of you.....

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was nervous, but promise you wont even notice it I used a metal file

Piece of cake, I've drilled holes to run wires in new pf's, drilled holes in ramps to get at pop cap screws so I didn't have to remove the whole ramp and attached pieces for just one screw, drilled big center holes and 2 smaller ones so I could ad mini domes to the pop caps of my Avatar LE, removed, heated and bent a pf plastic on Mustang pro so I could light it up with a led strip and more....all without batting an eye. They all turned out great too.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Piece of cake, I've drilled holes to run wires in new pf's, drilled holes in ramps to get at pop cap screws so I didn't have to remove the whole ramp and attached pieces for just one screw, drilled big center holes and 2 smaller ones so I could ad mini domes to the pop caps of my Avatar LE, removed, heated and bent a pf plastic on Mustang pro so I could light it up with a led strip and more....all without batting an eye. They all turned out great too.

You, my friend, are a beast modder....electrical...Ill take on anything...wired all kinds of crazy crap fearlessly......but craftsmanship? Well, let's just say you don't want me building cabinets....

#26 4 years ago

I think I'm a creative kind of guy you are too. You should see the inside of my garage finishing I'm doing myself, turning out pretty nice.

But back on topic...OP, get yours mounted yet?

#27 4 years ago

Not yet.... I m ordering a new housing to try it on in a vise and if I am successful I will swap out

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Not yet.... I m ordering a new housing to try it on in a vise and if I am successful I will swap out

Do you have a solid color or a color changer? With either a great addition would be beatmasters shooter housing light up and my new LED Leg Light-Up.

You never said what game it's on.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Hey - if you need a hand, let me know!

#30 4 years ago

Thanks...it's a color change going on Met.

1 month later
    #31 3 years ago

Any tricks for getting the brass bushings out? struggling to get mine to even move.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Any tricks for getting the brass bushings out? struggling to get mine to even move.

Rubber hammer and thin, flair screwdriver....I slightly tap around the flange to create a little separation, then just knock them out from either side ( outer by hitting from inside, reverse) come out pretty easy....

#33 3 years ago

Being brass, sometimes they break, too...keep up w the pieces ( could short electronics or drop in service outlet) advice from a guy who's had it happen.....

#34 3 years ago

I used a drill bit that just barely fit in, and it grabbed and twisted the fitting out. I was apprehensive to try it, but it worked in 2 seconds on both sides. Piece of cake. No shavings or pieces to deal with.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I used a drill bit that just barely fit in, and it grabbed and twisted the fitting out. I was apprehensive to try it, but it worked in 2 seconds on both sides. Piece of cake. No shavings or pieces to deal with.

I did the same thing, but the coil sleeve provided by Cointaker was too big for the remaining shooter rod hole, so I had to drill the housing out so it would accept the sleeve. Am I missing something here? Without the sleeve the rod will short to ground.

#36 3 years ago

I saw these at the Pinfest show, they are really amazing and a great product! The pics don't do them justice.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from glasairpilot:

I did the same thing, but the coil sleeve provided by Cointaker was too big for the remaining shooter rod hole, so I had to drill the housing out so it would accept the sleeve. Am I missing something here? Without the sleeve the rod will short to ground.

My sleeve just slid in. Now I'm jealous of the size of your sleeve

#38 3 years ago

That is interesting. The sleeve provided required a 1/2" hole in the housing. I appeared to be a standard coil sleeve for a Williams flipper coil.

#39 3 years ago

Am I missing something here? Without the sleeve the rod will short to ground.

You must use a sleeve or it will.

#40 3 years ago

Has anybody used one on a W/B game? I have had the older ones they sold and they are too thick and short.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

You must use a sleeve or it will.

Yes, I understand that. My problem is that removing the brass bushings was not enough in my STLE. I had to remove the bushings and then drill the housing to 1/2" diameter. The coil sleeve then slid in nicely. Prior to increasing the hole size the sleeve would not fit. Furthermore, the shooter rod is much smaller in diameter than the sleeve, so the rod is sloppy when pulling back. I am wondering if Cointaker sent the wrong sleeve because nobody here has stated that they had to drill the housing out to accept the sleeve.

#42 3 years ago

I bought another one at Allentown and will most likely be installing tonight, I will let ya know how the fit is of the coil sleeve provided.

#43 3 years ago

Yes, I understand that. My problem is that removing the brass bushings was not enough in my STLE. I had to remove the bushings and then drill the housing to 1/2" diameter. The coil sleeve then slid in nicely. Prior to increasing the hole size the sleeve would not fit. Furthermore, the shooter rod is much smaller in diameter than the sleeve, so the rod is sloppy when pulling back. I am wondering if Cointaker sent the wrong sleeve because nobody here has stated that they had to drill the housing out to accept the sleeve.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did send you the wrong parts. Give them a call to try and fix things. Mine was so tight in the bushing I had to put the rod in a drill and sand for about 10 mins. Than after that I found out it was shorter then the factory one so now it sits on the workbench getting closer to the garbage can.

#44 3 years ago

It wouldn't surprise me if they did send you the wrong parts. Give them a call to try and fix things. Mine was so tight in the bushing I had to put the rod in a drill and sand for about 10 mins. Than after that I found out it was shorter then the factory one so now it sits on the workbench getting closer to the garbage can.

The rod was tight in what bushing??? When you remove the brass bushings you only have remaining the shooter rod housing. You then have a plastic coil sleeve to put in the housing.

#45 3 years ago

I guess it would be super tight with the bushings in

#46 3 years ago

ran into that w my IMVE, had to drill the housing...bushing then went fine and rod to bushing a bit looser than the others (I've installed on all my machines) but works fine.......

Regarding the "short rod"....some of these are coming w super strong barrel springs (not letting the rod plunge correctly). I put my old spring back in, and all is well.

These are one of my favorite mods to my machines, but can really be easy, or pita to get in right.......have no idea why. Everyone used to source from Greg (including CT), but after he quit doing them, it's been a bit tough. I'm just glad CT still offers them!!

#47 3 years ago

Does Cointaker still offer a pinside discount? The old code PINSIDE15 no longer seems to work.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I guess it would be super tight with the bushings in

No, I am speaking of the Bally/Williams games coil sleeve. The rods I got are about 1/4 inch shorter than the factory ones.

#49 3 years ago

Yes - you need to use your original barrel spring for sure - otherwise, the rod will not push the ball very far.

Unfortunately, my new shooter rod does not work. I switched with the one I bought for my LOTR and it works fine. Infant Mortality out of the box.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Does Cointaker still offer a pinside discount? The old code PINSIDE15 no longer seems to work.

The new site has the discounts built in....if you go to "original" site (which I tried once just to look at my order history) the prices were higher, but you could enter discount (I think)......

Suspect their "best price" is just the new site, without the hassle of doing code adds. I can't see my order history there for some reason though (might just be something I'm doing wrong).....mark

Melissa or Chris....please jump in and correct me if I misspoke.......mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Game Room Info Shop
    € 59.80
    Lighting - Backbox
    Freddys Pinball Paradise
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.95
    $ 16.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 124.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 160.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Lit Frames
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside