Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Trekkie1978
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73AC31F3-0042-45F3-98BA-BCB503A796DF (resized).png
    B_R & RFM (resized).jpg
    72E0BE13-AD10-46FC-B7D7-3F486C7E322B.jpeg
    29749593_10160257398405506_5880701602860723320_o (resized).jpg
    29983325_10160263543155506_2199917171060340759_o (resized).jpg
    29873241_10160257398955506_7959109097934577530_o (resized).jpg
    index (resized).jpg
    popcorn (resized).png
    There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago

I have purchased both LEDs and a bunch of NIB pins from CoinTaker. They have always been great to work with and have taken care of any issues that came up. Happy to be a repeat customer.

Brian

#52 3 years ago

I'll keep this short and sweet.

Cointaker = good and reliable people that have allowed the community to experience some rare but fantastic games (TBL, alien, etc).

My go to.

#53 3 years ago

Chris and Melissa are awesome folks and they bust their butts to make it to as many shows as possible throughout a years time. Just doing 15 shows per year alone is a grind and very expensive. They are one of true assets in this hobby.

#54 3 years ago

Ordered many things from CT. Had two things that were a small issues. (missing parts) They were out of town doing a show so had to wait a couple days but got the missing parts sent. I've ordered from just about every supplier and every once in a while there is some issue so wouldn't say CT is any worse then others.
    My buddy was looking for a Stern BBH pin. I saw one on there site and he bought it. Pin was in great condition and good price. Would recommend them to anyone. He recently put an order in through them for the MMR upgrades. So yes we are return customers.

#55 3 years ago

Not going into detail but I've experienced this and it was over a silly ass UV kit for MET.

There are so many other distros and places to buy parts that if you aren't happy there are definitely alternatives.

In any case, I wouldn't come onto the forums and complain about it... just go elsewhere.

#56 3 years ago

Im out about 5 thousand as a result of Cointaker because of the whole Alien thing. Horrible communication led to my loss. But whatever, lesson learned.

#57 3 years ago

I've purchased many things from CT over the years at shows, missed them this year obviously, but I've personally never had a problem with them at all, and their service has been great. I would also add that they gave out free beer at last year's Pintastic during their one handed Octoberfest tournament. Nice people all around .

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I've purchased many things from CT over the years at shows,

Good point.

If you see them at a show and they aren't swamped doing business. They are fun to chat with too. Very nice people.

LTG : )

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im out about 5 thousand as a result of Cointaker because of the whole Alien thing. Horrible communication led to my loss. But whatever, lesson learned.

If you purchased the game from Andrew direct we had nothing to do with communicating with you. That was on Andrew as we had no idea who purchased direct. If you purchased thru us you didn’t lose anything. We refunded our customers

#60 3 years ago

Thumbs up for CT from me--excellent experience

#61 3 years ago

I’ve bought 2 NIB Sterns from CT and both were easy transactions. Melissa provided great customer service. When I did have a warranty issue with one it was taken care of quickly and professionally. I will buy my next NIB game from CT.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I seriously doubt CT took your money.

#63 3 years ago

Bought 3 or 4 games from them in past years. Great transaction. They send me the wrong post leds 30.00 worth.
    When I let them know they sent the correct ones and told me to keep the wrong ones for my troubles. No complaints here.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I seriously doubt CT took your money.

Maybe he’s trying to say he sold his Alien that he used to have Or paid too much for it waiting on the remake that hasn’t come yet?

Cointaker is great to deal with!

#65 3 years ago

Melissa rocks plain and simple.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe he’s trying to say he sold his Alien that he used to have Or paid too much for it waiting on the remake that hasn’t come yet?
    Cointaker is great to deal with!

Just because I'm bored, I did find this in the Alien thread

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I put a 2k deposit with Cointaker for an LE some time ago. About 2 months ago told me they are getting me a NIB LE. I waited and waited and waited. I wrote them tons of emails no response. They claimed it shipped.. nothing. No response. One guy was selling an LE from Australia here on pinside.. my only chance. But stupid me held off because I had a deposit with Cointaker and I trusted them.. and guess what.. nothing. Nada. No NIB LE. One big fat lie. Got my deposit back, went to another source and all Alien LE sold out, and had to get an SE. No more cointaker for me. I know some people swear by them but if they had just told me we can't get it for you, I could have at least got the LE from the other seller. Wasted my time and opportunity

And more ironically, this

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I believe cointaker will take care of its customers.. may take time.. but will get it to everyone eventually.

Maybe that isn't the $5k they're talking about, but I did my five minutes of ctrl+f sleuth work

#67 3 years ago

Yes to clarify.. Cointaker did not take my 5k , but Im out 5k as an indirect result of their no communication. I ended up paying 5k more for an item simply because they did not reply to any of my many emails, voice mails, messages etc. Thanks

#68 3 years ago

Mellissa and Chris are awesome to deal with. No company is perfect. They are always pleasant and cool to deal with and most of the time everything arrives timely. Once I had to wait like a month for a backbox light kit. I lived. Shit happens.

I entered this hobby buying a 1st Iron Man VE run from them. They were so cool and didn't try to overcharge me due to my newbie status like a few other places that I called. They earned a loyal customer right there.

I bought an MMR remake from them that was having issues on a Saturday night. I texted Chris thinking that I would get a response on Monday. He got CGC tech support to call me on that night at like 8pm. Service doesn't get better than that in this industry.

#69 3 years ago

i've had good experiences with cointakers. i recently bought a laserific topper that had a bad light controller. when i called them, they shipped out a new controller the same day (which did fix the lighting issue). a few years ago, i had bought an aerosmith, the node board went bad shortly after getting the machine. chris got on the phone with stern and i had a new node board in a few days.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes to clarify.. Cointaker did not take my 5k , but Im out 5k as an indirect result of their no communication. I ended up paying 5k more for an item simply because they did not reply to any of my many emails, voice mails, messages etc. Thanks

This is when we were supposed to get 27 games from Andrew and then there was zero Communicartions from him except to send him funds for all these games. Other people were not getting the games that had prepaid. 1 week later Andrew was gone. We most likely would have never seen these games from him and if we did we would have had zero support or parts. I’m sorry anyone feels cheated but at that time with no games shipping to anyone from him I couldn’t send him funds. I made a business decision so that we would not lose our ass. Because we would have had to refund the customers and taken the hit. It was a no win situation.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

This is when we were supposed to get 27 games from Andrew and then there was zero Communicartions from him except to send him funds for all these games. Other people were not getting the games that had prepaid. 1 week later Andrew was gone. We most likely would have never seen these games from him and if we did we would have had zero support or parts. I’m sorry anyone feels cheated but at that time with no games shipping to anyone from him I couldn’t send him funds. I made a business decision so that we would not lose our ass. Because we would have had to refund the customers and taken the hit. It was a no win situation.

I understand, but a simple answer to one of my many messages even simply saying "hey we dont know what will happen or if you are going to get one" would have sufficed.

#72 3 years ago

I don’t think people actually realize how much thinner our options would be for not only mods but also games if Cointaker were not around. I can tell you this, Melissa and Chris do everything in their power to make their customers happy and want to return to them.

#73 3 years ago

Plain and simple Cointaker is the best. Never had a problem and great people. Jesus why do these topics get started.

Had many a dealings with them. Just ask my 401K

#74 3 years ago

Where is BLACK_ROSE ? He loves Cointaker!

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I understand, but a simple answer to one of my many messages even simply saying "hey we dont know what will happen or if you are going to get one" would have sufficed.

We had all intentions of getting the games right up until there was no response except to send funds...we fully anticipated on filling all of the orders. It wasn't like the decision was made months prior...it was literally made in a few days after Andrew pressuring us to send funds but not telling us or showing us that they were actually built and ready to ship. I sincerely apologize for the lack of communication that was given because we made this quick decision, however I would rather have you upset at me for this than for taking your money and not getting a game. Once again, I am sorry that you feel slighted, that is never our intention we try to always look out for the best interest of our customers and we felt this was the right decision.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

We had all intentions of getting the games right up until there was no response except to send funds...we fully anticipated on filling all of the orders. It wasn't like the decision was made months prior...it was literally made in a few days after Andrew pressuring us to send funds but not telling us or showing us that they were actually built and ready to ship. I sincerely apologize for the lack of communication that was given because we made this quick decision, however I would rather have you upset at me for this than for taking your money and not getting a game. Once again, I am sorry that you feel slighted, that is never our intention we try to always look out for the best interest of our customers and we felt this was the right decision.

"Drops microphone"

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg
    #77 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Sorry for your loss

Next time we hook up, kwik-e-mart slurpys on me

#78 3 years ago

I have bought from Cointaker and no complaints.
    I have ordered from Comet and no complaints.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Sorry for your loss
    Next time we hook up, kwik-e-mart slurpys on me

I don’t drink crap like that too much sugar

#80 3 years ago

What do you guys think about Titan pinball LED’s?

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I don’t drink crap like that too much sugar

How bout a meat snack?

#82 3 years ago

Cointaker's AOK in my book. No issues.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

How bout a meat snack?

Ho hos?

#84 3 years ago

I’m married

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boltronix:

Is it just me? Everytime I order something from cointaker it arrives with some type of issue and they always get defensive when you report it. They never take any responsibility. They blame others always. I will never by anything from MELISSA again. She has never resolved my issues with products I purchased from them. She ALWAYS points the finger elsewhere.

Melissa is top notch in my book! I have only had one small part show up broken over all the years I have dealt with Cointaker (the box got crushed by the shipper) I called Melissa and she sent me a replacement part at no charge. The last thing I will say is that Melissa is one of the nicest people I have met since I have been into pinball, she always takes the time to talk to me when I call.

Sean

#86 3 years ago

You should have posted about something less political.. even the current election would raise less pinside apologists.

Unhappy? Take your business elsewhere. I echo the feedback already shared by dozens of other happy comet customers.

That being said Chris and Melissa are good people, but pinball has grown immensely and let’s be honest.. there are a lot of “Karen’s” in this hobby.

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

pinball has grown immensely and let’s be honest.. there are a lot of “Karen’s” in this hobby.

We could use a few more Shaniquas.

#88 3 years ago

Chris and Melissa are great. Bought one NIB pin from them during York show. There were some warranty issues that stern had trouble supporting directly, so Chris made the 2hr trek (each way) down here himself to get it fixed. They’ve also been great to work with on a few other orders.

I personally have trouble justifying purchase of NIB’s with such a huge diverse marketplace, but next time I feel like splurging on one they’ll have my business.

#89 3 years ago

Nothing but good things to say about CT. Had some doa leds show up. Shot them an email and they made it right immediately. Met them at Pintastic really friendly nice people. I feel comfortable buying anything from them.

#90 3 years ago

Another upvote for Cointaker especially Melissa.Good people and a valuable resource to the pinball community.

#91 3 years ago

Have to chime in and say that my wife and I both love CT.

We bought our DeadPool from them at last year's White Rose and we bought an Elvira from them last month. Chris and Melissa were nice enough to give us a tour of the shop and we really enjoyed it. They honestly could not have been any nicer and we will probably buy the new Avengers from them when it comes out.

#92 3 years ago

I still remember PAX East 2018. Stern was supposed to be a vendor at the show to expose their "lifestyle branding" to the gaming crowd to show mainly "yes pinball is still around now go to your local barcade and support the bar and play our games". Well Stern for whatever reason bailed out at the last second and couldn't make it. So they called up Cointaker to place their Stern games at the show. They were at the show Fri-Sun on a very short notice and Melissa was still recovering from back surgery on her feet all day. Everybody at the show that year highlighted the area as one of the best vendors/area of the show. They held a small pinball competition and gave out prizes, etc.

They also help with some coupons or free merch as a volunteer for Pintastic New England and Game Room Expo. In fact they are one of the many vendors we actively support and work with each year. They help us out, we help them out, it's a win/win. Plus their presence at last years TPF was crazy cool with the Munsters, etc.

The Make-A-Wish that they supported with Dr. and Mrs Pin and the Ghostbusters pinball machine.

29749593_10160257398405506_5880701602860723320_o (resized).jpg29749593_10160257398405506_5880701602860723320_o (resized).jpg29873241_10160257398955506_7959109097934577530_o (resized).jpg29873241_10160257398955506_7959109097934577530_o (resized).jpg29983325_10160263543155506_2199917171060340759_o (resized).jpg29983325_10160263543155506_2199917171060340759_o (resized).jpg
    #93 3 years ago

I bought a NIB from CT who was recommended by my small local Game store owner and they are his dist and he is super picky......so if a business owner is using them they are doing something right. Was a great transaction. Are things going to occasionally happen with these very large distributors? Sure. But most often they are on the mark and make things right on an occasional miss. And everyone needs to be given a little more leeway in this fkd up Covid 19 time period.

#94 3 years ago

Even diamonds have blemishes...

Pros:
    They carry great products
    They are amazing assets to the community contributing so much to shows in the NE - want to play that latest stern? It was probably cointaker who put it on the floor for you.
    They have put their tail out there multiple times for their customers when they could have ran..

Cons:
    They grew really fast.. probably too fast
    They can be a premium price
    Their availability/personal touch waned with their growth
    Consistency

They still do a ton.. I still happily buy parts from them and pay some premiums to keep a good contributor in the hobby

#95 3 years ago

Just bought a NIB from CT. Pretty straight forward no BS, purchase. Got a chance to pick up at their store. Real cool place they have with future bar cade once COVID clears up.

#96 3 years ago
    72E0BE13-AD10-46FC-B7D7-3F486C7E322B.jpeg72E0BE13-AD10-46FC-B7D7-3F486C7E322B.jpeg
    #97 3 years ago

Cointaker ruined my life. I am still trying to get things back together.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Where is black_rose ? He loves Cointaker!

I knew my earZ were Burning .. Like I've alwayZ said ,, COinTaker ROck's !! I Started do_N videO's for CT pushing their products baK in 08 , the 1st GeneratiOn Leds ,,, then the 2nd gen- 3rd & sO on .. I alwayZ said call Melissa in my videO's . I wish I had've just Pushed their Website ..

NumerOus tymes I called Melissa 2 make an order and she'd B drive_N down the road ... She's Wonderful to talk 2 ,, totally Amazing ..

I have Nothing but GOOD things 2 say about Chris and Melissa at CoinTaker.com ...

I missed the Pin Show in ChicagO 2011 , Delta Stranded me in Detroit .. The Texas PF was coming up in 2012 ,, Chris and Melissa invited me as their guest ,, Noth_N but Love from these guyZ .. Think about it ,, 100's maybe 1000's of orders per Day or week ,, things R goNna happen ,, But U can bet on this ,, Maybe this Thread will Solve ALL the Future Issue's ...
    With All the Led SupplyerZ , ChOose Wisely ... U guyZ & Gal's B cOOl .... B_R
    B_R & RFM (resized).jpgB_R & RFM (resized).jpg

#99 3 years ago

black_rose looking like he would straight up kill someone.

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

black_rose looking like he would straight up kill someone.

Ya I gave him an upvote to be on the safe side in case I ever run into him

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-business-practices/page/2?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.