• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

I have a Williams dipsy-doodle that was re-imported from Germany. When you press the start button the coin,reset and replay relay pull in several times very quickly and nothing happens. Gone through all the switches cleaned all the Jones plugs went through the score motor clean and adjusted switches everything is turning and touching like it should. Any ideas?

#2 1 year ago

Re-inspect score motor cam 5 switch A top normally closed switch for a weak connection. Adjust top blade downward slightly for a better connection, but switch still opens when switch stack drops.

#3 1 year ago

This happens before the score motor even turns as soon as I turn on the power and push the start button it will happen

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from hoodie75:

Gone through all the switches cleaned all the Jones plugs went through the score motor clean and adjusted switches

Sorry but that was a mistake. This forum is full of posts from people who tried shotgun cleaning or adjustments, and caused more problems than they were originally trying to solve.
What to do instead: Slowly and carefully diagnose one problem at a time and then fix only that.
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#clean

This circuit should keep the Coin relay locked on for a short time while the motor runs.
And this switch on the Coin relay should run the motor.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 1 year ago

Let me Rephrase my last post I did not go through and it just every single switched I mean I check to make sure if they were supposed to close they closed if they were supposed to open they opened and if it was a make break I made sure that it moved both ways. This was happening before I even went through and inspected anything so it is a continuing problem

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coinreplay-and-reset-relays-activate-several-times-when-start-pushed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.