Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

009.JPG
    005.JPG
    001.JPG
    vtwin1.jpg
    007.JPG
    005.JPG
    002.JPG
    001.JPG
    BS.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ssathre.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I recently purchased a Judge Dredd and used CoinOpShippers.com to arrange the shipment of it from NC to IA. CoinOp had the best rates I could find and so I went with them. They actually use another company called FreightWire to arrange shipment with FedEx Freight.

Long story short FedEx FUBAR'd the Cabinet, Topper and Coin Door along with some other things. I opened a claim with FedEx and they sent a third party inspector out to review the damage, collect pictures and an invoice/estimate of the damage. After a month (yesterday) I received a letter and a check from the claims agent for FedEx... for a whopping $140.00. they state in their letter that Per their rules tariff they are limited to .50 cents a pound liability on used merchandise. Lets just say that fell short of what its going to cost me in repairs. I called and disputed this as the next step in taking them to small claims court.

I also called Meghan at FreightWire today and she said that no insurance was purchased, even though insurance was part of the initial quote provided by coinopshippers.

I just wanted to let everyone know what level of service FedEx Freight provides. I know that I will not be using their services again. Coincidentally, since this is who coinopshippers uses I will not be using their services again either.

BS.jpgBS.jpg

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from lefttee:

I thought all quotes via coinopshippers included insurance?

That was my understanding.

However, according to Meghan @ Freightwire "No third party insurance was included with the quote that Jeff (coinopshippers) provided us"

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I would also contact coinopshipper since it is supposed to cover insurance. Thanks for keeping us posted very good info to know. I hope you do take those cheap bastards to court they should make good on their bad.

I plan on Calling Jeff tomorrow but I have not had good of luck getting him on the phone in the past. I'm sure he will just refer me to Freightwire as this is what it says on his website:

"CoinOpShippers.com is an agent and partner with FreightWire. After we have secured your shipping quote, FreightWire will handle the finalization of your shipping services, which include: payment processing, freight pickup scheduling, freight drop off scheduling, and handling insurance claims."

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

We'll get this figured out, ssathre. Don't sweat it.

Jeff, I appreciate this. I will email you with all of the details.

2 weeks later
    #22 12 years ago

Still has not been resolved. Jeff and his partner from Coin Op are trying to work something out with freightwire to honor my claim since no insurance was purchaced. I was hoping to hear something today.

1 week later
    #24 12 years ago

Nope. The news I keep hearing repeatedly from Jeff is that hes waiting on word from FreightWire.

CoinOp didn't purchase the insurance as stated on their site and that is their problem to take care of. I'm trying to remain optimistic... several people have vouched for Jeff's character and I hope that they he honors their contract, with or without FreightWire and make good on my claim.

Regardless of the outcome I will make a complete update with the news that I hear and where it will go from there.

2 weeks later
    #38 12 years ago

Received an email from Jeff yesterday. Since Fed Ex denied the claim again, Freightwire and Coinopshippers are going to work together to get me a settlement. Should know a dollar amount in the next few days. I'll give a complete update when it's a done deal.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ssathre.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coinopshipperscom-fedex-freight?tu=ssathre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.