7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

009.JPG
    005.JPG
    001.JPG
    vtwin1.jpg
    007.JPG
    005.JPG
    002.JPG
    001.JPG
    BS.jpg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

I recently purchased a Judge Dredd and used CoinOpShippers.com to arrange the shipment of it from NC to IA. CoinOp had the best rates I could find and so I went with them. They actually use another company called FreightWire to arrange shipment with FedEx Freight.

Long story short FedEx FUBAR'd the Cabinet, Topper and Coin Door along with some other things. I opened a claim with FedEx and they sent a third party inspector out to review the damage, collect pictures and an invoice/estimate of the damage. After a month (yesterday) I received a letter and a check from the claims agent for FedEx... for a whopping $140.00. they state in their letter that Per their rules tariff they are limited to .50 cents a pound liability on used merchandise. Lets just say that fell short of what its going to cost me in repairs. I called and disputed this as the next step in taking them to small claims court.

I also called Meghan at FreightWire today and she said that no insurance was purchased, even though insurance was part of the initial quote provided by coinopshippers.

I just wanted to let everyone know what level of service FedEx Freight provides. I know that I will not be using their services again. Coincidentally, since this is who coinopshippers uses I will not be using their services again either.

BS.jpg

#2 7 years ago

Good for you!!! Take their ass to court.

#3 7 years ago

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I am keeping my fingers crossed as I just set up shipping today for a GnR. I thought all quotes via coinopshippers included insurance?

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from lefttee:

I thought all quotes via coinopshippers included insurance?

That was my understanding.

However, according to Meghan @ Freightwire "No third party insurance was included with the quote that Jeff (coinopshippers) provided us"

#5 7 years ago

I would also contact coinopshipper since it is supposed to cover insurance. Thanks for keeping us posted very good info to know. I hope you do take those cheap bastards to court they should make good on their bad.

#6 7 years ago

I am sorry to hear ALL of this. I have had bad luck with both NAVL and another outfit out of Kansas City (that I can't remember)

I have also had 2 good experiences with NAVL.

Now that I think about it, even though they completely messed up my HS2, the company in KC did pay about 95% of the total cost in insurance so that wasn't such a bad experience either.

ps...wait until PB22 posts later...what a trip that was!!!!!!!!! ..... .....

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I would also contact coinopshipper since it is supposed to cover insurance. Thanks for keeping us posted very good info to know. I hope you do take those cheap bastards to court they should make good on their bad.

I plan on Calling Jeff tomorrow but I have not had good of luck getting him on the phone in the past. I'm sure he will just refer me to Freightwire as this is what it says on his website:

"CoinOpShippers.com is an agent and partner with FreightWire. After we have secured your shipping quote, FreightWire will handle the finalization of your shipping services, which include: payment processing, freight pickup scheduling, freight drop off scheduling, and handling insurance claims."

#8 7 years ago

Hope you can get some closure on this.

#9 7 years ago

Coinopshippers web site says:

"All shipment quotes come with $10,000 insurance coverage included in the quote. We care for your pinball, arcade, and coin-op equipment and go to great lengths to insure your shipments."

Why does it seem everything in pinball is a scam?

#10 7 years ago

Woah, how did this happen?! I never heard about it, and I'd like to know when we have damage or a claims issue.

I'm Jeff with CoinOpShippers, by the way. I'll be contacting you tomorrow to get this figured out. If you can, email me any details you have to jar155 [at] gmail.com and I'll look them over. It's late, or I'd check into things now, but all offices are closed.

I need to speak with Meghan about this. We're supposed to be purchasing the 3rd party insurance (we eat that cost, actually) for all these shipments. It's supposed to cover for $10,000 PLUS the .50 per pound.

We'll get this figured out, ssathre. Don't sweat it.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

We'll get this figured out, ssathre. Don't sweat it.

Jeff, I appreciate this. I will email you with all of the details.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

Jeff, I appreciate this. I will email you with all of the details.

Jeff is a good guy and hopefully he can get you taken care of ..

Jim

#13 7 years ago

21 minutes from Pinside post to vendor response.. wow. That's good stuff.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from mystic:

21 minutes from Pinside post to vendor response.. wow. That's good stuff.

NO rest for the....um....awesome?

#15 7 years ago

wow could be an awesome turn around

#16 7 years ago

One of many reasons i love pinside.

#17 7 years ago

Wow. I have a great disdain for FedEx, but Jeff really turned things around here. If I ever have to ship a pin again, I may have to go CoinOpShippers...

2 weeks later
    #18 7 years ago

CoinOpShippers ,, I've helped you Guy's Ship 4 Pin's with them .. Now we know Jeff is a member here, That's even better.. But Damage to a pin Should never happen..

#19 7 years ago

doesn't seem like any progress. that blows

#20 7 years ago

If the people that were involved in the actual physical process of getting the pin from point A to point B, on the truck and off the truck treated the merchandise like it belonged to THEM, we would never see these cases of damage to pins.

But as the most recent FedEx delivery driver video showing a guy chucking a lcd monitor over a gated fence proves, there are ALOT of bad people out there that don't give a damn about how they treat other people's merchandise. They probably figure "it's not mine, I don't have to care about it", which is a real shitty way of doing your job.

#21 7 years ago

What was the final outcome of this??

#22 7 years ago

Still has not been resolved. Jeff and his partner from Coin Op are trying to work something out with freightwire to honor my claim since no insurance was purchaced. I was hoping to hear something today.

1 week later
    #23 7 years ago

any updates?

#24 7 years ago

Nope. The news I keep hearing repeatedly from Jeff is that hes waiting on word from FreightWire.

CoinOp didn't purchase the insurance as stated on their site and that is their problem to take care of. I'm trying to remain optimistic... several people have vouched for Jeff's character and I hope that they he honors their contract, with or without FreightWire and make good on my claim.

Regardless of the outcome I will make a complete update with the news that I hear and where it will go from there.

#25 7 years ago

I would definitely not use Jeff or Coin Op Shippers again.

I had two pins shipped from AZ to NC and I spent many hours trying to get it straightened out. Weeks after the shipment they billed two additional charges to my credit card without my knowledge or consent. The small savings from their original quote evaporated quickly with the additional charges, not to mention the value of my time in trying to get everything straightened out. They had a good idea targeting this market, but very poor execution.

#26 7 years ago

While I didn't experience any destruction of shipment, it did seem like I had to do all the leg work. Jeff was nice enough, but didn't seem all that engaged. Megan seemed to simply drop the ball quite easily, and I actually had to call her a number of times just to get her to take the payment info and get the shipping arrangements. After that it was all Fed Ex. Apparently they didn't have a lift gate truck available on the scheduled pickup day, so they just decided to not show up. Once it finally made it on a truck, it managed to get to me in one piece.

I had also received a quote from FrieghtQuote. It started out at about comparable to the COS/Freightwire/Fed Ex - but when it came time to pay, the amount ended up almost double the quote.

Oh well. I simply look local for now. I haven't shipped a pin since (bad taste still), and if I do, I will likely use another shipper - and just have to take the additional costs into consideration up front.

#27 7 years ago

Come on Jeff/Coin Op Shippers. This is the cost of doing business. Your company dropped the ball, you need to reimburse the client for their damage and work the rest out with your vendor. Making ssathre wait while ya'll work through the red tape is just plain wrong. You claim to insure the product and if you miss on that then you have to eat it. Do the right thing!

#28 7 years ago

Stories like this will likely keep me from shipping a pin. It's a shame to see so many good deals from far away and not be able to get in on em. But at the same time I would really hate to be in ssathre's predicament.

#29 7 years ago

I would TTT this every day until resolved

#30 7 years ago

Why are there 3 companies involved? Sounds ridiculous.

#31 7 years ago

Woah, how did this happen?! I never heard about it, and I'd like to know when we have damage or a claims issue.

I'm Jeff with CoinOpShippers, by the way. I'll be contacting you tomorrow to get this figured out. If you can, email me any details you have to jar155 [at] gmail.com and I'll look them over. It's late, or I'd check into things now, but all offices are closed.

I need to speak with Meghan about this. We're supposed to be purchasing the 3rd party insurance (we eat that cost, actually) for all these shipments. It's supposed to cover for $10,000 PLUS the .50 per pound.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowing Jeff is a member here as Stated above,, It seem's like he would at least comment on this Thread again.. NAVL will be Here 2-morrow between 10 & 4 to get FH.. They wanted to ship w/the Leg's on.. I have it wrapped up Good , Pict's Will be taken again as Usual..

SSathre , If you need more Photo's of JD before and after me Gett-n it Ready for Ship-n ,, No Problem,, I found some Better 1's i didn't send before.. B_R

#32 7 years ago

I am going to be having a pin shipped to me using Coinop shippers. In a previous thread, Black Rose had mentioned to check them out. Their bid was the lowest and they offered the additional $10000 insurance for $25. Before shipping with them, I am going to make sure that the insurance has been added. Probably be shipping in a couple days. Buying the Shadow from Dirtrider for my first pin.

#33 7 years ago

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it sounds to me if Jeff would eat the cost this time it would more than likely secure some future business and add some faith.

There's a lot of people on here probably second guessing using them in the future unless this is resolved in a proper manner.

#34 7 years ago

I noticed they changed the insurance to optional now.

...They really need to pony up and pay for this guy's machine. Out of pocket. The shipper's not going to pay anything more than the .50 per pound. Time to man up!

#35 7 years ago

Wow just read this. I was about to do a LTL shipment on a engine I was looking at.. this makes me want to reconsider.. ugh.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from love4movies:

I am going to be having a pin shipped to me using Coinop shippers. In a previous thread, Black Rose had mentioned to check them out. Their bid was the lowest and they offered the additional $10000 insurance for $25. Before shipping with them, I am going to make sure that the insurance has been added. Probably be shipping in a couple days. Buying The Shadow from Dirtrider for my first pin.

yeah it used to be included supposedly (someone screwed the pooch and either didnt put it on the shipment or was just saying it was insured but it really wasnt) but now they changed their terms on their website and do charge an extra $25 for the insurance.

hope steve gets taken care of on this

2 weeks later
    #38 7 years ago

Received an email from Jeff yesterday. Since Fed Ex denied the claim again, Freightwire and Coinopshippers are going to work together to get me a settlement. Should know a dollar amount in the next few days. I'll give a complete update when it's a done deal.

#39 7 years ago

goodluck

#40 7 years ago

I have pin (TOTAN) that I need to have transported from Flemington, NJ to the Cincinnati area (600 miles). Thought about having it shipped. This thread has changed my mind. Not sure yet exactly how I'll get it transported, but after reading this thread, there's no way I'll have it shipped.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

Received an email from Jeff yesterday. Since Fed Ex denied the claim again, Freightwire and Coinopshippers are going to work together to get me a settlement. Should know a dollar amount in the next few days. I'll give a complete update when it's a done deal.

Sucks it has taken this long but I hope it all works out in the end for you!

Quoted from triumph:

Not sure yet exactly how I'll get it transported, but after reading this thread, there's no way I'll have it shipped.

Yea it has stopped me from buying pins that I can not pick up myself as well. Hate to leave so much to chance.

#42 7 years ago

I just shipped a POTC from IL to OH today... nearly $450 for NAVL. Oh well, I know it will get there and I know it will be insured.

#43 7 years ago

Have shipped tens of thousands of Coin op equipment in my Carrier I can tell you, 1/3 to 1/4 of equipment comes in freight damaged.. That can be anything from packing materials badly screwed up to actual equipment damage. Some of the Stories I could tell you guys about stuff they have delivered to me would blow your mind.

Here are some suggestions for shipping thought
    1. Always Put and strap the item on a good pallet, Used products must in factory like Packaging or be fully crated other wise they will deny the claim.
    2. Take Pictures of how the Machine is before It leaves and how it was picked up.
    3. The most Important thing is NEVER EVER sign for the item when it arrives until you have inspected it.. If the Packaging has been damaged make the driver stand there and watch you unpack the Item to inspect for damage.. If there is any damage notate it on the bill of lading BEFORE you sign for it.. Never let some one just sign for the Game with out looking it over. You are 95% Screwed if you sign for a item Then find damage for it.

#44 7 years ago

CoinopShippers is scheduled to Pick up This Shadow next week.. Since the JD incident , I am Goin the Extra Mile to Help .. Bigger Pallet , More Card Board ,, Industrial Tie-down's Stretch'ed to the Limit.. I know Sh*t Happen's ,, but , I Don't even want to think about ( What if ) .. I Hope it Get's there UN-Harmed !!!

And I have Plenty of Pict's & Video's on this Link Here,,

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-is-in-the-b_r-grg

jar155 , the Manager of Coinop ,, It's Strange , He has 8000 Karma , has been an Avid user Here, But since this thread , His Attendance has been Alot Less..

001.JPG 002.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG

#45 7 years ago

too bad someone cant make one of those hard protected cases for each brand pin when they need to be shipped and sell them on a return basis core charge.

sorta like what engines and transmissions are sent in for new exchanges at dealers. vtwin1.jpg

#46 7 years ago

I hope Jeff resolves this. NAVL is probably the most expensive. But they shrink wrap the whole machine, tie it to the side of their truck, and they're insured to 1500 unless you purchase more. I've never had a problem. I just factor in that cost when buying a pin.

#47 7 years ago

NAVL Picked up my FH 2-week's ago. They do Just as you say .. They even set it up in yr Home..
    At least that's what the driver told me He does.. Extra charge if it's on the 2nd or 4th floor.

001.JPG 005.JPG 009.JPG

#48 7 years ago

Packing Job Looks Great.. Couple of suggestions... Part of the head is exposed, might want to cover that up.. Second, Put Fragile and Do No Stack stickers on the machine, and ontop where they might stack another pallet on top.. The issue with shipping a pinball flat like that is it leave alot of air space above it so they stack other stuff on top of the machine. We ship all of our machines on there backs(just make sure you take the balls out of it!).

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

CoinopShippers is scheduled to Pick up This Shadow next week.. Since the JD incident , I am Goin the Extra Mile to Help .. Bigger Pallet , More Card Board ,, Industrial Tie-down's Stretch'ed to the Limit.. I know Sh*t Happen's ,, but , I Don't even want to think about ( What if ) .. I Hope it Get's there UN-Harmed !!!
    And I have Plenty of Pict's & Video's on this Link Here,,
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-is-in-the-b_r-grg
    jar155 , the Manager of Coinop ,, It's Strange , He has 8000 Karma , has been an Avid user Here, But since this thread , His Attendance has been Alot Less..

Attachments 007.JPG (188.8 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old 005.JPG (217.2 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old 002.JPG (220.8 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old 001.JPG (192.9 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Packing Job Looks Great.. Couple of suggestions... Part of the head is exposed, might want to cover that up.. Second, Put Fragile and Do No Stack stickers on the machine, and ontop where they might stack another pallet on top..

The Pict's- are Taken in Stages,, Yea , I see Head decal too, Till I added more card board and shrink wrap.. And i do take the ball's out of Every Pin, that's a Given.. Also, If someone is Stupid enough to Stack another pallet on Top of this Pin, They are a Freak-n Moron .

And I've seen some Pict's of a Pin Palleted on it's back,, lOOk's Bad in my eYe's ..

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

NAVL Picked up my FH 2-week's ago. They do Just as you say .. They even set it up in yr Home..
    At least that's what the driver told me He does.. Extra charge if it's on the 2nd or 4th floor.

This royally ticks me off reading this comment. When I got my pins in October I used NAVL. My pins were not set up at all. They came in and dropped them in the middle of my game room and left. I said that i thought set-up was part of the deal and they said it was extra. Had to do it all myself and it was my first pin experience. I spent 10 mins looking for the dang powercord thinking it would have been on the outside. I now know they get shoved up into a hole but this shows how new I was.

Mine also only had a blanket between the glass and the backglass on both machines and shrink wrap around the rest. No protectors for the corners like yours got.

I keep hearing all the praises about NAVL so I guess I was just the dumb sucker that didn't know better and got taken for $500 in shipping....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 10.95
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 8.95
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Boards
    PinSound
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside