Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by athens95
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210228-083304 (resized).png

#1 9 months ago

Guy takes over Bob's successful business in January. Announces a week and a half ago he has to shut down after a month because he can't be away from home.

Fast forward to today, he pretty much leaves a warehouse full of games he can't deliver, has zero money, and a suspended license.

How do you crash such a successful business so quickly?

Screenshot_20210228-083304 (resized).png
    #2 9 months ago

Ouch

#3 9 months ago

Hate to see this happen to anyone. I am sure there is a lot that he is not telling right now. Sucks for everybody.

#4 9 months ago

WOW what a shit sandwich! This guy must have been in over his head from the get go. And how do you just happen to get a $1500 ticket?

I feel sorry for anyone that has a big ticket game just sitting in a random warehouse somewhere!! Imagine that you have a $20K POTC-CE that just got abandoned!!

#5 9 months ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

And how do you just happen to get a $1500 ticket?

Punctuation police must have finally caught up with him.

#6 9 months ago

Bob was slow enough on getting games delivered. This sucks so bad for people who have a game that has been sitting for months and right now how much more?? Totally unbelievable and unprofessional.

#7 9 months ago

call STI and you will have it in 2 weeks or less. this does suck but he is not charging and everyone knew Bob was pretty slow. Average was month or longer.

#8 9 months ago

If my game was sitting in that warehouse I would be making a road trip.....today.

#9 9 months ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

how do you just happen to get a $1500 ticket?

Easy to do if you’re just a guy who doesn’t know much about CDL regulations.

Half the pickup trucks pulling trailers down the interstates are probably in violation of $1500 worth or more and don’t even know it. Some of the rules are just silly.

#10 9 months ago

He was nice enough kid he just needed to learn a little bit and maybe he'll bounce back, we told him to stop unplugging every single plug in the back box he even did so with hinged games, and honestly shame on whoever was at Papa they either left him alone to pack the games up or they watched him do it.

#12 9 months ago

I live about 3 hours from the warehouse. if there is anyone who has a game there and is possibly wanting out I might be interested in picking up a couple of new games. Shoot me a PM with what you got.

#13 9 months ago

Bad news delivered as a run-on sentence makes the news seem worse, doesn’t it?

#14 9 months ago

This is a story that repeats itself over and over. Old-timers May remember “Randy Buffalo.”

You are taking a risk any time you choose this type of a delivery service, which is basically “a guy with a truck.”

The good news is the games are apparently looked after. I’d be on the phone with STI tomorrow arranging to get my games out of there.

#15 9 months ago

I hear Jonathan "ASOA" Demare is on his way to pick up everyone's games for them, just let Bob know he can snag them for you

#16 9 months ago

I’m going to Kentucky this week, and coming back to the Chicago area with an empty cargo van, if anyone’s machine is stuck down there, I maybe able to help, I could fit 4, shoot me a PM.

#17 9 months ago

If he can’t afford a $1500 ticket who is paying the rent at the warehouse/ storage facility! Get them out before they become someone else’s property.

#18 9 months ago

Bob said it was his warehouse in his post. He is a stand up guy that I have dealt with on many occasions. It is likely that there was some kind of vested interest for Bob in the deliveries and the new owner could not handle the work. Sucks for the arcade and pinball community.

Quoted from Pintopia:

If he can’t afford a $1500 ticket who is paying the rent at the warehouse/ storage facility! Get them out before they become someone else’s property.

#19 9 months ago

For games that are on pallets, I have a name of a broker I use all of the time if anyone needs someone. Pm me for details if you need.

#20 9 months ago

I started using only sti after bob got behind. At least you know they will deliver, if you buy from a trusted pinhead that can pack you’ll be fine, and tell Michelle you need it insured for the purchase price.. Although in person is always best, sometimes that’s not an option because of time or distance.

#21 9 months ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Easy to do if you’re just a guy who doesn’t know much about CDL regulations.
    Half the pickup trucks pulling trailers down the interstates are probably in violation of $1500 worth or more and don’t even know it. Some of the rules are just silly.

I agree, but it can also be a Georgia "Super Speeder" ticket with a passenger vehicle. My son got hit with one in Tifton, Georgia a few years ago.

He wisely had a traffic Attorney represent him and got the charge reduced. Well worth the cost.

#22 9 months ago

I feel for the young guy. Doing this in the pandemic and suddenly in one of the most awful weather seasons. If you have been following Bob this year you'd see he was having the absolute worst, WORST luck these last few months with his truck, his trailer, axles, blown out tires, you name it. I don't know how he made any money.

The younger gentleman continued the same streak of luck and is about to pick up the wrath of the entitled "what you should have done" crowd. Just bad situation all around.

#23 9 months ago

Wow, this sucks. I wonder how many games are left in Ky?
    There have been different guys like this for as long as I have been working on Games. I have not had a problem, but, it's not hard to figure out how something could go south.

He's not too far from me, but I am way to busy to drive down there.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside