(Topic ID: 255753)

coinlesscabs.com virtual pinball is junk

By Mcc313

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

hello I'm not sure if I'm posting to the right place but I need some tech help on a virtual pin. I got a virtual pinball machine from coinlesscabs.com man what a piece of junk. I dont usually post bad reviews but this guy sells garbage. first I noticed the plunger wasn't working. everything inside the cab was loose and disconnected. the dmd has to be plugged in after you start the game, so no way you can push it against a wall or next to another machine. I have no clue how to fix it. now everytime I start it up, a pop up comes on telling me the liscence for windows is about to expire. what?! can anyone help me sort this out? i work on arcade machines mostly so i have no idea what to do with this.

somi reach out to the guy and ask for help his name is joe, he basicly told me to fuck off. I would avoid coinlesscabs.com the cabinet is very poorly made

#2 4 years ago

Based on their super terrible looking website alone I'd never order from them. Should've went with a reputable company like vpcabs.com

#3 4 years ago

How long have you had it and did you use a credit card to pay for it? I'd look into a charge back. What the guy sold you is illegal. Unlicensed version of Windows is a no no and makes this a slam dunk for charge back. You'll have to eat shipping but itll be worth it to get rid of it.

#4 4 years ago

yes I agree it looks pretty bad. how do you give someone a machine with a temporary liscence for windows? the dmd issue is the most annoying. there has to be a way to fix it. it's running pinballx. I have to plug the dmd hdmi plug in after the game starts or the dmd goes to the upper monitor

#5 4 years ago

I've had it for 6 months but the guy said he would fix the issues and never did.

#7 4 years ago

Call your credit card company. ASAP.

#8 4 years ago

At the very least they need to provide the Windows license key if not the media for it too. For the price they charge all the software should be legit. If not and they are selling machines cutting corners on the Windows license then you can use this site to report.

https://reporting.bsa.org/r/report/add.aspx?src=us&ln=en-us

Without the media or at least a backup you're SOL if you ever have to recover from scratch.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mcc313:

I've had it for 6 months but the guy said he would fix the issues and never did.

Maybe the credit card company will help if you bring up unlicensed software.

#10 4 years ago

Credit card company is still awaiting your call.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mcc313:

yes I agree it looks pretty bad. how do you give someone a machine with a temporary liscence for windows? the dmd issue is the most annoying. there has to be a way to fix it. it's running pinballx. I have to plug the dmd hdmi plug in after the game starts or the dmd goes to the upper monitor

You need to go through pinballx setup wizard and pinmame setup again, there will be a number of display setting parameters related to the playfield, dmd, and backbox... you will also likely need to modify the screenres.txt files found in the folder of each table under the visual pinball directory for the d2bs server. The better place to seek help for your woes with this machine would be vpforums.org, vpuniverse.com, or vpinball.com.

When getting help, be sure to have specifics on everything (PC make, gfx card, make/models of displays used, even down to the # of the display as reported by windows display manager). Quick Google searches should be able to set you on the right path.

Good luck getting it working.

#12 4 years ago

thank you for the info. now I have somewhere to start

#13 4 years ago

Toss machine off a tall building ala TNT, and post video!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coinlesscabscom-virtual-pinball-is-junk?hl=pinmasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.