• Latest reply 8 months ago by Jodoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Coin switch ”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13E83AC9-34C3-46B8-AA3A-EEB6E33BBC0E (resized).jpeg

#1 8 months ago

When I trigger the coin switch the score motor turns. Nothing else happens if I hold down the coin switch the score motor just keeps turning. The game will not reset

#2 8 months ago

What game is this?

#3 8 months ago
Quoted from MD_Pinball_Dude:

What game is this?

There is a reason it asks the OP to link a game ...

#4 8 months ago
Quoted from currieddog:

There is a reason it asks the OP to link a game ...

I know, but someone has to ask........

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from MD_Pinball_Dude:

What game is this?

Lady Luck pinball game

#6 8 months ago

Hi Jodoo, Welcome to pinside!

There are at least 2 Lady Luck electromechanical pinball games from 2 different manufacturers. Please link to your game at the top of this thread.

#7 8 months ago
13E83AC9-34C3-46B8-AA3A-EEB6E33BBC0E (resized).jpeg
#8 8 months ago

Hi Jodoo
it is a bit tricky to start an EM-pin repair with "inserting a coin does nothing but make the Score-Motor to run". I first would try to start a game by pressing the Replay-Button AND for this You need replays on the Replay-Counter --- see here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1405&picno=50965 in the lower right corner we see "6" replays on the counter. And here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1405&picno=50966 exactly in the center of the metal coin door there is a little knob - the Start-Button.

Toggle-off the pin, unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons) - open the Backbox and look at the Replay-Unit - You see two coils - one is for adding a replay - the other is for to take away a replay --- gently push-in the plunger into the coil - simply try on one of the coils - push gently and let go --- then look at the window in the backglass - did You step-up (if "No" then try on the other coil) --- do step-up so You have some 6 to 8 replays on the counter. Then plug-in, toggle-on, press and let go on the little knob, the Start-Button in the center of the Coin-Door --- what happens ? Greetings Rolf

#9 8 months ago

I pushed the start button and all I get is a buzzing sound.

#10 8 months ago

Where are you located? Perhaps a local can help you.

Have you read this repair guide?
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

It has some specific troubleshooting ideas and will also help you get more comfortable with the different terminology and elements of your game. Reading it will help you at least ask informed questions.

Also, be sure to download the schematic and manual here:
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1405&picno=8705

#11 8 months ago

Hi Jodoo
flipper-bat coils can overheat within seconds when current constantly flows. All other coils on relays / steppers can stand ONE to two minutes of faulty pulling, pulling, pulling --- open the backbox, take the ball out - lift the playfield and secure it lifted. Then press the start button and look, listen - can You locate the buzzing sound ? (One minute is a long time to look / hear out - but after a minute of searching: Toggle-off the pin and let cool down for 5 minutes - then try again. I hope You have paper tags in the pin so You can name the reason for buzzing - write about.
I live in Switzerland (south of Germany) - it is late at night - time to go to sleep. I will look up this topic by tomorrow - maybe You made progress with the help from other pinsider(s) (?). Greetings Rolf

#12 8 months ago

The reset bank solenoid doesn't pull in after I trigger the coin switch . I tested the solenoid by putting power to it and it works.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 63.50
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 17.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside