(Topic ID: 198558)

Coin slot bypass

By mr300ww

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0438 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0437 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0436 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

The genie machine I have has a bypass wired in to the right hand coin slot and I want to take it off but don't know anything about re wiring so thought I'd ask on here, would much rather use the coin mechs to keep them functioning, or should I just leave it?

Thanks for any and all advice

#2 6 years ago

is the coin slot there working now wired parallel with the bypass ? or has the bypass been wired to replace that coin slot ?

where is the bypass switch located? or what did they use ?

do you have pics?

When I got machines at first I enjoyed the novelty of using the coin mechs and making them work properly. I got one machine where they drilled a 3/8 hole in the door and a push button switch wired parallel to a coin mech . I find myself using that now to coin-up mostly on that table.

#3 6 years ago

The left slot works with coins and the right does not, the bypass is wired into the right slot and the hole was drilled right in front of the lock tab for the coin door, will post pictures when I get home

#4 6 years ago

Here's the pictures

IMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPG

IMG_0437 (resized).JPGIMG_0437 (resized).JPG

IMG_0438 (resized).JPGIMG_0438 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

If you drop a coin in the slot does it still register?
    If yes, cut and tape off either wire.
    If no, we need more pictures of how the wiring is placed in the coin mech. Whoever did this may have cut out one or more of the mech's wires.

#6 6 years ago

heh, that look exactly like what they did on my Xenon except I can still use the coin slot

the pics don't exactly show how yours is connected

look at the coin mech that works (left one) are the factory wires connected to the right slot switch as well the jumpered to the push button ?

#7 6 years ago

Right one does not register so I'll have to try and get better pictures

#8 6 years ago

This is your System 1 Bible, read it: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1

It shows you how to put the machine on freeplay by soldering a couple of diodes together - or you can use alligator clips. Takes less than 5 minutes.

If you don't like the button, then just snip the wires and find a metal plug to fill the hole.

Don't worry about the coin mechs working. It is a romantic notion that lasts about a week when you get your first machine.

Have fun!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-slot-bypass?hl=jerryb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.