10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 days ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CM_100_Series_Mechanical.pdf (PDF preview)
    698.pdf (PDF preview)
    CM (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

My apologies to the community if my due diligence should have diligized longer, but I found only a single, relevant thread, and the person is marked as "in memoriam". Does that mean they died? So sorry to read that, my condolences.

Newbie. Can you tell? My rationale for my post is this. When you drop that quarter, you've got skin in the game, and you fight to keep that ball. Free play? Just push the button. For me, it's part of the drama, dropping that coin. I'd like to have my coin mechs fully functional. IMO. So, I'm looking to learn how to rebuild coin mechs. I have Eight Ball, one slot works, the other, not so much. There are physical part differences I can see. One part I could make, the other looks machined so I'm thinking it has to be scanned and printed. Unless...

Anybody point me in the direction of learning about coin mechs? Docs on some forgotten web site...maybe? Much thanks in advance for any assist.

#2 10 months ago
    Quoted from dj_RnDM:

Anybody point me in the direction of learning about coin mechs?

Metal ones like this ? Hose it down with 409, Fantastic, some cleaner like that. Rinse in hot water, dry thoroughly.

Orange arrow points to one of four studs, each side has three holes, you can move them around or remove to fit a particular coin door.

Green arrow points to the cradle. Remove it's clip and clean. The part it pivots on and inside the hole that goes over it.

Red arrow points to screw. Turn in or out so the door lets coins pass but doesn't stick them inside.

They like to be level left to right in this picture to work the best.

Not much else to them. Unless the mech is for a different size coin or token.

LTG : )

CM (resized).jpgCM (resized).jpg

#3 10 months ago

DO NOT OIL PIVOTS! It will gum up quickly! Use GRAPHITE or DRY LUBE, ( Billions of plastic balls-aka silicone). Lack of lube is almosty never the problem. It is sunk built up from years of use.

I have taken to just taking the cradle off and running a clean cloth over it. Works 99 percent of the time and takes no effort at all.

#4 10 months ago

Sorry, I typed wrong. GUNK, not sunk.

#5 10 months ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

DO NOT OIL PIVOTS!

Tim is right.

I forgot the old Midway teacher who said to rub your nose and then the pivot, that is more than enough.

#6 10 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Midway teacher

Andy Ducay. He ran the best service schools.

#7 9 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Holy f*ck, I had forgotten that name until you brought him up. Wow... I'm old now.

#8 9 months ago

Here are a couple of handy PDFs from Coin Mechanisms, Inc. for the CM 100 series mech.

698.pdf698.pdf

CM_100_Series_Mechanical.pdfCM_100_Series_Mechanical.pdf

8 months later
    #9 45 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I was going to answer your earlier post, the Late, Great Andy Ducay; we lost him in 2005.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-quarter-drop-mechanics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.