• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

892-1002-10 Coin mech hold down bracket (resized).jpg
20190801_110834 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I flipped the switch the switch in the cabinet away from tournament mode, however the machine will still not except quarters. It just sits them back out. Is there something else I have to change in the setting or with the coin operators in the door? Thanks

#2 2 years ago

It would help to know what game you’re talking about. But in my experience, the only thing that intentionally prevents a game from accepting coins is when the maximum number of credits has been reached. On older games, the machine has a coil in the coin door to prevent the machine from taking more coins.

If that’s not the issue here, then it’s a mechanical problem with your coin mech. It probably needs to be cleaned and adjusted.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

It would help to know what game you’re talking about. But in my experience, the only thing that intentionally prevents a game from accepting coins is when the maximum number of credits has been reached.

And even on top of that, in newer games, without the coin lockout coil, the mechs will STILL accept coins, you just won't be awarded any more credits. (With the exception of running an electronic coin mech that is connected to the games 'Coin Enable' input (for WPC at least.)

#4 2 years ago

Are the correct coin mechs installed for the denomination you are using?

#5 2 years ago

Sorry it's a 1994 gottleib rescue 911 machine. When I turn off tournament mode I see the credit 0 instead of free play on the screen. Coin ops are clean. It's like the coins are being redirected instead of falling all the way down to the collector.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Gcoco35:

Coin ops are clean. It's like the coins are being redirected instead of falling all the way down to the collector.

Are there different screws and stuff that can be adjusted on the coin mechs? Unfortunately, it's like some sort of black magic that I can't help you with.

They could have been set up for different type of coin (or token).

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Gcoco35:

Sorry it's a 1994 gottleib rescue 911 machine. When I turn off tournament mode I see the credit 0 instead of free play on the screen. Coin ops are clean. It's like the coins are being redirected instead of falling all the way down to the collector.

If the mechs are rejecting quarters, they might not be quarter mechs. Or, they may be too worn out to direct coins in the proper direction.

can you post photos? Maybe there's something we can spot.

#8 2 years ago

Gottliebs of that era used Coin Controls brand coin doors.

#9 2 years ago
20190801_110834 (resized).jpg
#10 2 years ago

Your coin mechs are missing the "kicker/seperator" assembly. Without it, all coins are rejected. Also one coin mech is missing the mech hold down bracket.

892-1002-10 Coin mech hold down bracket (resized).jpg
#11 2 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Your coin mechs are missing the "kicker/seperator" assembly. Without it, all coins are rejected. Also one coin mech is missing the mech hold down bracket.[quoted image]

Heck, it looks like the cradle is missing, too? At least in the close one?

5 months later
#12 1 year ago

Does anyone know the part number for the correct coin mechs? Thanks

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Gcoco35:

Does anyone know the part number for the correct coin mechs?

https://www.pinballlife.com/25-cent-standard-coin-mech.html

These will work fine. The two studs on each side, might have to be removed or moved to different holes. Three holes each side. This is a one minute thing, if needed.

LTG : )

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside