Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bingopodcast
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpg
    RingoNom (resized).png
    Wayne (resized).jpg
    20200719_195152 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1595130775560.jpg
    IMG_20200414_110319806.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105849781.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105735645.jpg
    space2019Prize (resized).jpg
    spheader2 (resized).jpg
    RyanPM (resized).jpg
    ringo (resized).jpg
    yus.gif
    dennis (resized).jpg
    untitled (resized).jpg
    spacePilotPapercraft (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Thought I'd post a brief wrap-up from S.P.A.C.E. (The Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo) in Columbus, OH, yesterday.
    I arrived at the Northland Performing Art Center early Sunday morning...
    [quoted image]
    ...and got my table set-up:
    [quoted image]
    Before settling in at my table, I made some rounds and chat with a number of other comics exhibitors I've met over the years. I bought a bunch of comics and was pretty proud to show-off the new book that Nick and I recently finished. Later that day, at 1pm, I was scheduled to deliver a presentation.
    I want to take a moment here to give a big shout-out and thank you to fellow pinsider, @violinsteve , who made it a point to come out to S.P.A.C.E. specifically to see me deliver a presentation on Coin-Op Carnival. Way cool. Plus, he took these next three pictures you're about to see.
    So, here's that presentation I mentioned...
    [quoted image]
    ...and one of the 200+ slides:
    [quoted image]
    After the presentation, it was back to the table where I got to have a nice chat with Steve. Real good dude.
    [quoted image]
    At the end of the day, I packed up and drove the 4 hours back home to Michigan...
    [quoted image]
    ...exhausted and elated from the experiences over the past few days.
    Then, this morning I woke up to this...
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    ...and as SirScott mentioned, you can also find it online:

Thanks, Scott!!!
    ...however, in the online version, it's hard to tell that I beat out Pat Sajak for top billing:
    [quoted image]
    Aw yeah.
    Thanks for all the support this past weekend, guys and gals! Nick and I both really appreciate it.
    See you next weekend at the VFW show in Ann Arbor, MI:
    [quoted image]

Can't wait to see you in a couple days.... Always love chatting at the VFW. Excited to see the book live!

#225 4 years ago

Ryan confirmed to me at vfw that minstrel man will not be in the cards for an art adaptation.

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

OMG the VFW pics are to die for.
    Drop Kick!
    Mermaid!
    Ten Strike!
    Carnival!
    ugggh on Minstrel Man, a relic of it's era I guess.
    Lucky 7 roll-up!
    Turf Champ!
    Ringer!
    Skill Roll & SKill Score & Skill Derby!!!
    Mystic STar!

I told you to join... Maybe next year

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

My family has been working on a project to map every city to which Coin-Op Carnival has been mailed (individual orders, not shows, tour stops, or distributors). Multiple instances in one city are not marked, so these are unique destinations.
    The greatest concentration is North America:
    [quoted image]
    But an awful lot have traveled overseas to Europe:
    [quoted image]
    And Australia:
    [quoted image]
    Don't be fooled by the relatively few(er) dots in Europe and Australia - we've had multiple orders from almost every city represented on that map in foreign countries! It's pretty fun to see where the book has traveled, and the kids are learning a bit of geography at the same time.

You can add Vaughan, Ontario to the map if you'd like. That's where mine lives now.

3 weeks later
    #263 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

So awesome. Thanks for chiming in here, Cait, and for being an ambassador of our book. Hope you sell out of your copies!

Cait is a great ambassador of all things EM.

4 months later
    #330 4 years ago

Yes, there will be a total of four (that we currently have planned).
    We are hard at work on editing the second volume. We'll give plenty of notice when it's going to come out!

Anticipation is mounting.

Will it be ready for vfw 2020??

Just curious, as I see you there every year!

#332 4 years ago

I'll answer for Ryan as he is prepping for the final two tour stops at the moment: we will not have it ready for Spring 2020. The illustration work and final editing takes months and months (there has to be time for us both to take issue with the others' work ). We are working on parallel tracks to go as quickly as possible, but we are -roughly- targeting every other year, so some time in 2021 (or so).

Totally fair. Will still be waiting and ready

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-op-carnival-a-new-em-focused-publication?tu=meegis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.