Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bingopodcast
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpg
    RingoNom (resized).png
    Wayne (resized).jpg
    20200719_195152 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1595130775560.jpg
    IMG_20200414_110319806.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105849781.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105735645.jpg
    space2019Prize (resized).jpg
    spheader2 (resized).jpg
    RyanPM (resized).jpg
    ringo (resized).jpg
    yus.gif
    dennis (resized).jpg
    untitled (resized).jpg
    spacePilotPapercraft (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#202 4 years ago

Just now seeing this thread for the first time.
    Didn't even get through the first page and already ordered a copy.
    Looks awesome.

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Will this magazine herald the resurgence of love and demand for these machines? Love to see all the turnout and enthusiasm!

I don’t know about other parts of the country, but out here I find it hard to find really nice EM games. I actively look for things like EM shooters or other EM games and they just don’t pop up that often in Arizona. I think maybe Phoenix just wasn’t big enough at the time or didn’t really have that many arcades etc until the 80s. Mostly I find them in places like California and have to bring them here.
    I think I have 8 or 9 EM games (not counting pins) and only a few of them I found local. I think your definitely starting to see more people interested in these kinds of games. Let’s face it, many of them are really neat, fun to play and the artwork is beautiful.

I think there is a growing interest in EM pins as well (at least if they are in nice playable shape). Seems like a couple years ago you could buy pretty nice EM pins out here for $500 give or take. I don’t really see that anymore unless they are a project. Maybe that’s just the local market and not the rest of the county?
    My take on it is that an EM pin is a cheap way to ad variety and a new pin to your collection without spending several thousand dollars. I don’t think they are going to skyrocket in price or anything like that, but I definitely think there is more interest.

1 week later
    #222 4 years ago

I saw a copy was donated to the prize raffle at ZapCon over the weekend.
    Thanks to whomever donated it BTW.
    I pointed it out to a few people when it was sitting on the prize table telling them how cool it is and to check it out

#238 4 years ago

I'm really happy to hear that you guys are doing well with the project.
    Partially from a purely selfish standpoint because that means you will be producing more issues.
    I think this is a really great project and look forward to its continued success.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-op-carnival-a-new-em-focused-publication?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.