Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bingopodcast
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpg
    RingoNom (resized).png
    Wayne (resized).jpg
    20200719_195152 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1595130775560.jpg
    IMG_20200414_110319806.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105849781.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105735645.jpg
    space2019Prize (resized).jpg
    spheader2 (resized).jpg
    RyanPM (resized).jpg
    ringo (resized).jpg
    yus.gif
    dennis (resized).jpg
    untitled (resized).jpg
    spacePilotPapercraft (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 5 years ago

Can't wait to see it!

#58 5 years ago

I do say these would make excellent birthday gifts and stocking stuffers...

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is it wrong I like the smell they have?

NOT WRONG!
    EM smells are amazing and diverse and are a time capsule of decades before us.
    Just ask a bibliophile about the smell of an old book store collection...

2 weeks later
    #129 5 years ago
    Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

That machine is amazing and I want one NOW!

keep making noise until he can't ignore us any longer!

3 weeks later
    #204 4 years ago
    Quoted from BallyCrazy:

I've made a quick presentation of your publication on 2 french forums for EM coin operated games lovers :

oh no, it's always trouble when I discover regional EM sites those! I should probably be blocked from browsing European and Japanese sites for rare games... For my own good.
    Thanks for sharing though!

#205 4 years ago

Will this magazine herald the resurgence of love and demand for these machines? Love to see all the turnout and enthusiasm!

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Sadly, I don’t think so. Seems like a vast majority of new Pinsiders are only interested in pins made in the last 5-10 years and that few have the appreciation for EMs and the many innovations they brought to the pinball world and the related industry history.

True, but I mean like, RELATIVE resurgence. The more these machines get to shine, we reach the occasional new person and they get sucked in. It's a numbers game. Get the new players in on the shiny LCD screens. Some might go back to the 80s solid state. Other might further go back to the 1970s. Classics tournaments have been GREAT for promoting like this.
    Some might go even further to 50s and 60s, and some of us shake down to the realms of the flipperless! next thing you know you're researching different sized marbles used in the 1930s and trying to rebuild old gambling devices from around the world.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

SAME!!! Thanks for your help in Ottawa this coming summer, Caitlyn! For those unaware, Caitlyn is helping us with some Coin-Op Carnival distribution at a couple of shows in Canada:

I might put in a 2nd order for the September show. I only have 4 copies left to take with me to the Hawkesbury show.
    I wnat a signed copy this time, I forgot to ask for one. AND THE MUG!

Quoted from Coindork:

My take on it is that an EM pin is a cheap way to ad variety and a new pin to your collection without spending several thousand dollars. I don’t think they are going to skyrocket in price or anything like that, but I definitely think there is more interest.

On reading this I went to your profile to see if I could see any pics of your EM machines. Have you posted any up before?

As someone with very limited space, discovering all of these other machine types beyond modern pinball has really opened up so many new avenues in the hobby. From the smaller 1930s tables, to Japanese upright machines, to European EM gamblers, I'm able to fit so much more in.

1 week later
    #232 4 years ago

OMG the VFW pics are to die for.
    Drop Kick!
    Mermaid!
    Ten Strike!
    Carnival!
    ugggh on Minstrel Man, a relic of it's era I guess.
    Lucky 7 roll-up!
    Turf Champ!
    Ringer!
    Skill Roll & SKill Score & Skill Derby!!!
    Mystic STar!

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I told you to join... Maybe next year

I'm terrible in this hobby since I loathe car trips longer than 5 hours.

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

WE'RE REPRINTING COIN-OP CARNIVAL #1 ONLY A MONTH AND A HALF AFTER ITS RELEASE!!!

WOAH CONGRATS!
    Hit me up with another order of 10 copies for Canada. Plus, I want a signed one for myself.

#242 4 years ago

add Ottawa, Ontario too!

3 weeks later
    #260 4 years ago

Anyone heading to Hawkesbury, Ontario for the Pinball gathering this weekend, I'll be bringing a bunch of copies for sale.

#262 4 years ago

I love supporting the weird niche shit that I obsess over

1 month later
    #299 4 years ago

August long weekend is brutal to plan anything else. But super congrats for selling out at Comicon!

1 week later
    #311 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Stopped at the Lone Star Pinball Museum...

wow that Action Shot and Super Strike look great. Love the trade stims wall, and the 4 player Derby

4 weeks later
    #322 4 years ago

Coin-Op Carnival will be available for purchase at the Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom Show this September 21+22: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opgs-ottawa-pinball-amp-gameroom-show-2019-sep-21-22

For people in the Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, London, Vermont, New York, etc areas, come check us out.

3 weeks later
    #325 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Finally, week following the convention we had a couple of invited visitors at Michigan State University (where I teach). Here are John Jennings and Stacey Robinson, two award-winning comics creators and scholars, with their copies of Coin-Op Carnival:

holy shit, just googled their work and WOW WOW WOW

1 week later
    #333 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Coin-Op Carnival
    FINALTour Stop

1 week later
    #340 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Gordon is working on a book about this very subject that I aim to help him layout and design. He's putting the finishing touches on the copy, at which point I'll help make it look like a book. If you see him, tell him to hurry up with those edits!

WOAH! More details please

1 month later
    #360 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I voted for you all on Twippys

Best publication? Coin-op Carnival.
    Best manufacturer? Coin-op Carnival.
    Best new mod? Coin-op Carnival.
    Game of the year? Coin-op Carnival.

2 weeks later
    #365 4 years ago

voted so hard

7 months later
    #394 3 years ago

signed up

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-op-carnival-a-new-em-focused-publication?tu=cait001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.