Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bingopodcast
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpg
    RingoNom (resized).png
    Wayne (resized).jpg
    20200719_195152 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1595130775560.jpg
    IMG_20200414_110319806.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105849781.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105735645.jpg
    space2019Prize (resized).jpg
    spheader2 (resized).jpg
    RyanPM (resized).jpg
    ringo (resized).jpg
    yus.gif
    dennis (resized).jpg
    untitled (resized).jpg
    spacePilotPapercraft (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pecos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

Congratulations to you both, Ryan and Nick, on the completion and publication of your Magnum Opus!

I know that a lot of hard work went into this. I’m really impressed with the E.M. Tech Explained article, beautifully illustrated. A picture is worth a thousand words. Please allow me the honor of being the first Pinsider to let you know that I will be buying a copy - such a bargain at only $15.00!

1 month later
    #197 5 years ago

WOW! The USPS sure dropped the pin-ball on this one.

It ain't fair, I tell you! It ain't right, I tell you! Ryan and Nick stepped way over the line to do something good for the pinball community and on their first issue they get tilted! Why is it that no good deed goes unpunished?

I know Ryan well enough to know that a silly thing like the money, even $1500.00 of inventory, wouldn't stop him on his quest to bring this enlightening and educational Coin-Op Carnival: Electrifying Tales of Mechanical Contraptions book to the masses. It's good to see that this 'TILT' does not disqualify a player and you are back in the game. Bravo to you sirs!

I have been waiting for the initial rush of book orders to be finished before I ordered my copy. And now it is time. I want you to know that I will be sending you a little extra for my book. It's not a lot but it will help, if only a little, to defray the costs of your loss. If the impossible happens, and the books show up, please keep the money and use it for your second edition.

#201 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Nick and I are truly humbled by your sentiments, but, Pecos (and anyone else), we are doing just fine and please please please DO NOT send us extra cash.

In that case, I ordered two copies. One for myself, of course, and one that I will be taking down to D&D Pinball for everyone to peruse before buying their OWN copy. If you have never been to D&D Pinball, what are you waiting for? One good reason to visit is to play my Black Knight that I brought down there on Friday. And after the Coin-Op Carnival: Electrifying Tales of Mechanical Contraptions book arrives and I can get it down there, you have another reason to visit. END - self-serving plug for D&D pinball.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

So, please, put your extra cash toward that great Tucson route you're developing! We'd rather see the extra dough put toward perfecting your public games than lining our pockets.

Thanks, I will be placing an order for Pinitech LED displays soon and I will be thinking of both of you.

2 weeks later
    #248 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

So, I went in for press check at 8am this morning. The printers were running our book on their two big presses, one for the covers and one for the interiors. Here's the start with the paper being fed on the right side:

For someone who likes 'How Do They Make It' shows, it is awesome to see exactly how these books are made! Thanks for the inside peek!

Does this mean that I now have two valuable first edition copies of Coin-Op Carnival: Electrifying Tales of Mechanical Contraptions?

1 month later
    #273 4 years ago

Stop by D&D Pinball in Tucson and you can take a gander at Coin-Op Carnival:

DSCF4318 (resized).JPGDSCF4318 (resized).JPG

6 months later
    #374 4 years ago

Bump the vote for two of the best EM guys going!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pecos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-op-carnival-a-new-em-focused-publication?tu=Pecos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.