Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bingopodcast
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpg
    RingoNom (resized).png
    Wayne (resized).jpg
    20200719_195152 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1595130775560.jpg
    IMG_20200414_110319806.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105849781.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105735645.jpg
    space2019Prize (resized).jpg
    spheader2 (resized).jpg
    RyanPM (resized).jpg
    ringo (resized).jpg
    yus.gif
    dennis (resized).jpg
    untitled (resized).jpg
    spacePilotPapercraft (resized).jpg
    There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Yes, there is a notes section in the checkout - we'll be happy to autograph if desired!

Spoke too soon! Paypal has removed the notes field. I've added a second type of book, selected by default, which will get you the autographed copy. You can also select a plain copy (or copies) without autographs if you desire.

This will also allow you to choose multiple types in case you wanted pristine and graffiti-ed.

#102 5 years ago

just ordered the book, thank you

#103 5 years ago

Same here, looking forward to reading through it. Hopefully the next edition won't be too far away.

#104 5 years ago

This looks like a must have. Going to pick one up at TPF today!

#105 5 years ago

Graffitied for me. Can’t wait to get mine.

#106 5 years ago

Just ordered and looking forward to the read.

Best of luck guys!

Nick

#107 5 years ago

Got my C-O C ordered with autographs!
    Hoping they are theirs! And not signed by random people.

Kidding of course.

Had to order some of that swag I ogled earlier too.

Can't wait to read!

Thanks guys!!!

#108 5 years ago

Ordered one of everything you had available, looking forward to checking out the first issue when it arrives!

#109 5 years ago

“Additional volumes will follow roughly every other year.”

That’s a long wait

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

That’s a long wait

That's when good things come I hear...YMMV

#111 5 years ago

Ordered mine this morning,
    but i will want it autographed in person,
    just to insure the autograph is genuine.

#112 5 years ago

Will you guys be around when the show opens on Sunday morning? I can only attend for an hour or two Sunday morning early. Great stuff!

#113 5 years ago

Watching the panel now on Twitch. That beginning with an overview of pinball publications through the last 100+ years was nuts, so many I had never even heard of. I wonder if anyone is archiving those decades old magazines, I would love to see some of them. The Coin-Op Carnival is in very good company.

#114 5 years ago

I'm looking to pick up a copy at TPF but I can't find where they are.

#115 5 years ago

Ryan - we have looked all over the floor for your booth and can’t find it. Where are you located?

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Ryan - we have looked all over the floor for your booth and can’t find it. Where are you located?

We are located right beside Spooky Pinball - hope you all were able to find us earlier!

We will be here on Sunday as well.

#117 5 years ago

We are in a little alcove right behind Spooky Pinball. If you see those two Alice Coopers, we're directly behind them. You can see our banner and the Multi-Bingo peaking out on the right side of this picture below:

IMG_20190323_115707298 (resized).jpgIMG_20190323_115707298 (resized).jpg

IMG_20190322_170329378 (resized).jpgIMG_20190322_170329378 (resized).jpg
    #118 5 years ago

Just remembered to order this bump...thx!

#119 5 years ago

Ordered mine

#120 5 years ago

I'll get my copy at PATZ.
    I hope to get another cool autograph that way.
    Ryan's contributions to Drop Target are very well done, as is the whole thing.
    Coin Op Carnival looks great!
    20190324_205526 (resized).jpg20190324_205526 (resized).jpg

#121 5 years ago

Congratulations on winning the award for the Multi Bingo game Nick!

My wife and I enjoyed the time you spent showing us how it worked and teaching us how to play. What an absolutely awesome game!

I hope you both have great success with the series. The only issue I see is that the price of your first issue is too low

To Pinsiders at large - if you have any interest at all in pinball history, this should be required reading.

#122 5 years ago

Wow!!! What a whirlwind weekend and an extremely warm welcome from the pinball community at the 2019 Texas Pinball Festival for the launch of our Coin-Op Carnival series.

Here's our booth:

booth (resized).jpgbooth (resized).jpg

...and a closer look at our table:

table (resized).jpgtable (resized).jpg

We conducted a seminar on Friday night...

schedule (resized).jpgschedule (resized).jpg

...with special guest and noted pinball historian, Gordon Hasse:

trio (resized).jpgtrio (resized).jpg

who introduced us with a historical overview of pinball publications that have come before Coin-Op Carnival:

seminar (resized).jpgseminar (resized).jpg

As we mentioned, the Texas Pinball Festival was...

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

liveStreaming the seminars

...which have now been archived here (fast forward this clip to the 09:30 mark for the start of our presentation):

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/399663052

We had a lot of great reactions to the publication over the weekend, including this one from Pinside Founder, Robin van Mourik:

robin (resized).jpgrobin (resized).jpg

As you saw from the booth image above, Nick also brought his wonder of modern/retro mash-up technology, the Multi-Bingo machine. Nick was offering bingo pinball tutorials all weekend long to a healthy line-up of interested players:

multiLine (resized).jpgmultiLine (resized).jpg

At the tail end of the weekend, we attended the awards presentation:

panoAwards (resized).jpgpanoAwards (resized).jpg

Where Nick's Multi-Bingo earned the top spot for custom game of the 2019 Texas Pinball Festival!

nick (resized).jpgnick (resized).jpg

1st PRIZE!!! Congratulations, Nick!!! SO well deserved!!!

award (resized).jpgaward (resized).jpg

It's hard to put into words what all this means to Nick and I, but suffice it to say, we're taken-aback and humbled by the response to all of our efforts. So...thank you...to everyone we chat with in Texas, everyone who has chimed in on the thread here, and everyone who will be keeping Nick busy upon his return to Virginia. He's still on the road as we speak, but once he arrives home, Nick has a mountain of mail order to fulfill thanks to YOU!!!

Many more thanks,
    Ryan and Nick

#123 5 years ago

I just want to say congrats again on this publication! I attended the seminar and it was fascinating. Cant wait till you guys come to Houston for my wife and I to attend. Nick spent about 30 min with my wife and I teaching us how to play the bingo game. By far the most fun we had at the show. That machine is amazing and I want one NOW!

#124 5 years ago

Cograts Nick on 1st place
    And also to you and Ryan on your new venture
    Can’t wait to receive mine!

#125 5 years ago

Awesome Ryan! I've been away from the pinball world for a few years now but recently have been trying to get back in. I've been lurking on pinside and even posting some tech support in the EM forums from time to time. It's great to see you are still going strong. I'll log into your website this weekend to order my copy. Your artwork is so appealing. Congrats on the publication. I look forward to your continued success and hopefully the opportunity to meet one of these days.

Dane

#126 5 years ago

Ordered...and waiting with baited breath. Thank you Ryan and Nick.

#127 5 years ago

Thank you to all who have ordered, and all who tried the Multi-Bingo in Texas or attended our seminar! It was great to meet all of you and thank you all for your very nice words about the projects. The Multi-Bingo is now multi-award-winning!

The response to the book release has been... overwhelming and humbling. We are very proud and excited to share this with everyone.

Order fulfillment has begun today! I will be shipping out all orders as soon as possible, and in the order they were received. That said, there are a few options that we are already sold out of - autographed copies are no longer available, and 3XL shirts are also out of stock. I have removed these options from the site.

#128 5 years ago

3XL shirts are also out of stock

We are large.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

That machine is amazing and I want one NOW!

keep making noise until he can't ignore us any longer!

#130 5 years ago

The Multi-Bingo is now multi-award-winning!

As it should be. Very well deserved.

The response to the book release has been... overwhelming and humbling.

The book is amazing! I picked up my copy at TPF. Congrats to both of you.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#131 5 years ago

Hey All,

I attended the seminar and it was fascinating.

Thanks, HookedonPinonics! We really appreciate the sentiments. For anyone who missed it, our seminar is archived here (starting around the 09:30 mark):

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/399663052

- --- ----- --- -

Also, we have some more announcements; I am gearing-up for our 2nd tour stop.

CCtourSchedule (resized).jpgCCtourSchedule (resized).jpg

This stop will be a solo-Ryan gig on Sunday, April 14th, 2019 at 6pm, and I think it's gonna be a doozy. I've been working on this presentation for almost a year, actually, and it'll be held at the Abrams Planetarium on the campus of Michigan State University where I teach. Here's a little preview:

___CCplanetarium (resized).jpg___CCplanetarium (resized).jpg

Back in May of 2018, I visited Wayne Neyens (the most prolific pinball designer in history and the interview subject for Coin-Op Carnival #1) and took a 360 degree camera with me. I filmed Wayne with his last remaining pinball machine (which he has a great story about) and also filmed another short interview in his home office, where he has a wall of memorabilia and he describes the significance of those pieces. This footage is really immersive and with the 360 dome presentation, it really feels like you're in Wayne's home as he tells these stories. I've been hard at work editing this video to include high resolution photographs of Wayne's memorabilia, inset video of the pinball machine in action as Wayne takes it through its paces, as well as manually subtitling the entire video. In addition to that, I'll be talking about the publication and the process it took to get our publication to where it is today. After the presentation we'll have a book signing party in the lobby of the planetarium, where we'll have a handful of Wayne Neyens designed games on free play for all to enjoy. On top of all that, admission is free, but space is limited so I'd suggest arriving early if you'd like to secure a seat.

The planetarium even set up a facebook event for it:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1087064594814351/

- --- ----- --- -

In other logistics:

packaging.gifpackaging.gif

...we (read: mainly Nick) have been shipping our little hearts out. So much that we ran out of shipping supplies(!??!). I handed Nick A BUNCH of supplies and books at Texas last weekend and was aghast to hear that all shipping materials have been used. All that to say, Nick and his very understanding wife packed and shipped the majority of the book orders we received since our launch, however there are still a number in the queue that are on hold until we receive said shipping supplies. We want to make sure this arrives to you safely, so thank you in advance for your patience. We'll update this thread when the supplies arrive. Just trying to be as transparent as possible here.

- --- ----- --- -

Finally...

I just want to say congrats again on this publication!

Quoted from Pafasa:

Congrats on the publication.

Quoted from Liftserv:

Can’t wait to receive mine!

Quoted from 4Max:

waiting with baited breath

Quoted from gstellenberg:

The book is amazing!

...we really can't thank you enough for all your support. It's make the past 2+ years of work feel justified.

Our sincerest gratitude,
    Ryan

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

This footage is really immersive and with the 360 dome presentation, it really feels like you're in Wayne's home as he tells these stories.

wowglasses.gifwowglasses.gif

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

we ran out of shipping supplies

A good problem to have. I put together as many packages as I had supplies and product. More of each are on the way.

My local post office told me to stop sending so many packages each day (but I won't until all orders are fulfilled... or I will make Ryan do the fulfillment, haha!). The post office and I have come to an understanding. I'll be testing their patience again tomorrow morning when I bring a bunch of international orders (I try to make life easy by pre-filling the customs forms and etc. - hopefully it works for them)!

As Ryan said, thank you for your patience. The response has been really, really amazing, and obviously exceeded our expectations!

As soon as I have what I need, I'll be sending the orders out.

#134 5 years ago

Seriously trying to figure out if I can manage the four-hour trip each way to see Ryan's 360 presentation without my wife killing me. Already have pinball stuff scheduled the following three weekends, including two more Michigan trips.

Fuck it, time to move. Michigan beer is better anyway.

#135 5 years ago

Read my copy the other night, great publication by some great dudes.

#136 5 years ago

Got ours today! Looks great, can't wait to dive into it!

#137 5 years ago

Did I miss anything? Need... more...

770D5F06-A223-4F8A-B445-D46D43C8B081 (resized).jpeg770D5F06-A223-4F8A-B445-D46D43C8B081 (resized).jpeg
    #138 5 years ago

Mine arrived today too. Can’t wait to dive in. Excellent packing.

#139 5 years ago

Thank you - excellent to see everyone starting to receive theirs. Another note to say that this is the initial wave of orders, and more are going out every day (in the order that they were purchased), however, I am currently waiting on supplies to send the remaining orders. Thank you all for your patience.

Quoted from Ballypin:

Excellent packing.

Regarding the packaging: I am really glad to hear that - I was quite concerned. This is something Ryan has been through many times now, but it was all new to me. Happy that it is arriving safely!

-Nick

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

Really, _really_ excellent packing - I had to break out a knife to get into it.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

Got mine (and the Tee-Shirt) today. And By the way:
    IMG_3065 (resized).jpgIMG_3065 (resized).jpg

****************************************** BEST BARCODE EVER!!! ******************************************

And I intend to wear the tee at Wondercon tomorrow.

#142 5 years ago

Got mine today also. Looks great, cant wait to read it cover to cover. A few old man bitches though. While the packaging was great for protection of product, it was a bitch to get open, nearly stabbed myself with the steak knife i use for letter opener. Also the print was kinda small for us old blind geezers, especially the title page and letters page. I realize you got to keep it small to fit it all into your format, so going to have to get out the magnireaders and bright light. Also the blue typeface is a little hard for me to read, but understand your need to contrast questions and answers. Overall all very happy with purchase and appreciate both you guys hard work and dedication to the hobby. Cheers

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Got mine (and the Tee-Shirt) today. And By the way:
    [quoted image]
    ****************************************** BEST BARCODE EVER!!! ******************************************
    And I intend to wear the tee at Wondercon tomorrow.

It is the first thing Paul pointed out to me! Nice touch!

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

It is the first thing Paul pointed out to me! Nice touch!

The other supprise:

Page 4 panel 2: Williams Penny Pitch!

I think I'm going to need a bigger Easter Basket!

#145 5 years ago

Nice spot! This is going to be chock full of easter egg goodness!

#146 5 years ago

Holy crap, this publication is WAY beyond words to express how detailed and well conceived the story and material is presented. It is such a joy to turn each page and take in all that Nick and Ryan have labored over. I purposely put it down this evening part way through Wayne's interview to not devour it in one sitting. I lovingly put it back in it's plastic sleeve to keep it mint. The bookmark was another extra bonus. WAY underpriced for what you have created. Well done gentlemen !

#147 5 years ago

Thank you for your kind words about the book! We are so pleased to have people reading it after all this time.

By the way, that bookmark doubles as a sticker for your toolbox, refrigerator, car bumper, etc. (I use them as bookmarks as well).

#148 5 years ago

BEWARE! I received mine yesterday and after using a blow torch to open the packaging I can tell you that I think the autographs are fake. They were signed in crayon and contained backward letters.

Kudos guys. Just getting started but love the Neyens interview, graphics and overall format. A quality piece with some great information.

#149 5 years ago

Received my copy yesterday. As others have pointed out...super careful packaging and a real neat bar code. Realistically, though, would rather have a well protected parcel than a flimsy one that would undoubtedly get damaged in transport.

Very entertaining and well done. Nice to read background on one of my favorite games, Mystic Marvel, and the always-interesting information on Wayne Neyens.

Great job, guys. Thanks!

#150 5 years ago

Just got mine!!!! Can't wait to read!

I was a little worried about it because, since I ordered a shirt too, mine came shirt and book in a padded envelope, which my mail lady was kind enough to fold and wad up into my mailbox with door left open. Local mail is horrible....always leave door open, fold EVERY magazine, envelope, and post card I get in half, have hung boxes off of the flag in bags, broke flag off jamming big package in mailbox, etc...

Luckily, because it was wrapped inside shirt and had a backing, it wasn't damaged....MAN, I would have had it out with mail lady; lol.

I plan on ordering another copy (and possibly another shirt) as a gift soon, but I may order separate next time (I don't mind the extra postage) just to ensure book comes in this almost armored packaging you guys are talking about.

Anyway, like I said, LOVE the items and can't dive into reading it fast enough!

EVERYTHING looks like nice quality (especially for the price!) and I am very pleased!

Thanks guys!

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-op-carnival-a-new-em-focused-publication/page/3?hl=hookedonpinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.