Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bingopodcast
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elephantEaterComicsEmailList (resized).jpg
    RingoNom (resized).png
    Wayne (resized).jpg
    20200719_195152 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1595130775560.jpg
    IMG_20200414_110319806.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105849781.jpg
    IMG_20200414_105735645.jpg
    space2019Prize (resized).jpg
    spheader2 (resized).jpg
    RyanPM (resized).jpg
    ringo (resized).jpg
    yus.gif
    dennis (resized).jpg
    untitled (resized).jpg
    spacePilotPapercraft (resized).jpg
    There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
    #51 5 years ago

Fantastic looking magazine, the more EM information and documentation the better (IMHO). It's not a matter of if I will order but rather how many I will be ordering. I know a friend who jut bought his first two EM machines (pinball and one of those EM bowlers) and I think he would love a copy. Who else can I get them for...

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

If you guys will be in Michigan on April 14th, I'd suggest trying to present at the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee on April 13th. Not too far of a drive from MI.

Unfortunately, that conflicts with a tour stop we already have scheduled - a planetarium presentation! Very excited for this one and sorry that I won't be there.

http://coinopcarnival.com/appearances/

Hopefully one or both of us will be able to make it to MGC next year.

#53 5 years ago

I will certainly pick up a copy as soon as I see one at my attended shows coming up.

Banning, arcade expo. 2 weeks- I understand it won't be there.

Golden state pinball festival. Spring

California extreme. Summer

I like to buy books at shows.

Books are my thing.

Best of luck now and into the future...

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Golden state pinball festival. Spring

California extreme. Summer

We will not have a presence at these shows, however, we will see what we can do about getting some books there.

#55 5 years ago

I've uploaded a change to our site - though you still can't buy stuff from the shop until the 22nd, you can see all the beautiful stuff that will be available on March 22nd, including some previews of the inside of the book.

www.coinopcarnival.com/store

You may have to refresh to get the latest stuff to appear.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Fantastic looking magazine, the more EM information and documentation the better (IMHO). It's not a matter of if I will order but rather how many I will be ordering. I know a friend who jut bought his first two EM machines (pinball and one of those EM bowlers) and I think he would love a copy. Who else can I get them for...

Ha-ha! Thanks, Matesamo. Now, if that sentiment spreads, we'll have a wonderful problem to work through. With our powers combined, we'll see if we can push this publication into reprint status. LOL

In all seriousness, we really appreciate your interest and enthusiasm.

#57 5 years ago

I just wanted to make mention of some great press we've received since announcing our little publication venture and thank some folks for helping us extend our broadcast range:

Pinball News: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/03/07/coin-op-carnival/
    Big thanks to Martin Ayub for maintaining such a wonderful resource for so many years. It's an honor to be mentioned on it.

This Flippin' Podcast: https://soundcloud.com/user-707700754/coin-op-carnival?fbclid=IwAR1MHoGCMnkurPalC3jffgiIcP3UK3dbl2HKOYJN1wJxBFNxGvUoo8ZbrPM
    Thanks to Taylor Reese (and Tommy Skinner in spirit) for a great interview and breaking the news of Coin-Op Carnival on their 83rd episode.

Gaming on 10 Minutes a Week Podcast: https://gamingontenminutesaweek.libsyn.com/episode-36-coin-op-carnival-superbeat-spectacular?fbclid=IwAR3rApAAnckFzRhoPIHtfOafXLHvu0kxdbXMjbb3QORCrhoBgaLOsDA7mQ8
    Thanks to Don Walton Jr, former co-host of The Pinball Podcast, for chatting with us and highlighting Coin-Op Carnival on episode 36!

The Pinball Podcast: http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/2019/03/07/episode-129-we-are-idiot/?fbclid=IwAR2QfWmGxtQqlc33MFKfSRedyZkJeEC2nRRfp-tWaIYavCsJ0sjpt1lJWXo
    Thank you Jeff Rivera and Jessica Lea DeNardo for the awfully kind mention of Coin-Op Carnival on Episode 129 of The Pinball Podcast (around the 48:30 mark)

We've also been seeing some nice response on our twitter account (https://twitter.com/coinopcarnival):
    Screenshot_20190304-101429 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190304-101429 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190306-021718 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190306-021718 (resized).png

...and facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/coinopcarnival/)
    _facebook (resized).jpg_facebook (resized).jpg

We owe a huge thanks to the community for being so supportive even before our product is out of the gate. Can't thank you enough for all your interest and enthusiasm. This product couldn't be successful without you. Here's hoping we can put some faces to names on our tour!

Sincerely,
    Ryan and Nick

#58 5 years ago

I do say these would make excellent birthday gifts and stocking stuffers...

#59 5 years ago

Another Coin-Op Carnival mention on This Week in Pinball PODCAST #38 (around the 23:40 mark):

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-38-with-ken-cromwell/

#60 5 years ago

I saw the new books at Pinball Resource this week while I was picking up my order. They look great! Heavyweight stock on the paper seems like they'll last a long time and be archival. Artwork is great! Unfortunately, Steve told me they were not allowed to go out the door until the 22nd!

#61 5 years ago

Wonder how many of these will be in Secret Santa packages this year?

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Time to start considering summer secret santa program???

#63 5 years ago

Defiantly will be ordering mine on the 22nd. I'm also assuming you'll have them ad SDCC?

#64 5 years ago

I love Em's , currently only have one, but always keeping an eye out for a good EM.
    Is it wrong I like the smell they have?
    Can't wait to order one on the 22nd!! OR 2! Make a great gift for someone I know.

#65 5 years ago

No way! Talk to most collectors and they will say the same thing. Nothing like opening that coindoor after a few well played games. Brings back memories!

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

I saw the new books at Pinball Resource this week while I was picking up my order.

what.gifwhat.gif

Quoted from stashyboy:

They look great! Heavyweight stock on the paper seems like they'll last a long time and be archival. Artwork is great!

ohStop.gifohStop.gif

Quoted from stashyboy:

Unfortunately, Steve told me they were not allowed to go out the door until the 22nd!

phew.gifphew.gif

Quoted from Matesamo:

martin.gifmartin.gif

Quoted from pacmanretro:

Time to start considering summer secret santa program???

kramer.gifkramer.gif

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Defiantly will be ordering mine on the 22nd.

Thank-You.gifThank-You.gif

I'm also assuming you'll have them a(t) SDCC?

fullon.giffullon.gif

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

han.gifhan.gif

Quoted from stashyboy:

Brings back memories!

repress.gifrepress.gif

#67 5 years ago

NOT WRONG!
    EM smells are amazing and diverse and are a time capsule of decades before us.
    Just ask a bibliophile about the smell of an old book store collection...

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

NOT WRONG!
    EM smells are amazing and diverse and are a time capsule of decades before us.
    Just ask a bibliophile about the smell of an old book store collection...

Maybe thats why. I have many rare old books.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

[quoted image]

[quoted image]

[quoted image]

[quoted image]

[quoted image]

[quoted image]

[quoted image]

[quoted image]

[quoted image]

That post was GIF-tacular!

#70 5 years ago

Is it the 22nd yet?

#71 5 years ago

That post was GIF-tacular!

A return to form!

A new episode of For Amusement Only was released yesterday, discussing this very publication!

Episode 443 - Coin-Op Carnival with Ryan Claytor Recorded 3-6-19

Ryan Claytor joins me to discuss our new joint venture - Coin-Op Carnival: Electrifying Tales of Mechanical Contraptions!

Read more at http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/#LVouZcddEdIsqJQ9.99

#72 5 years ago

I heard about this from the Eclectic Gamers Podcast and really enjoyed the interview with Nick. DennisK was definitely pulling his leg on a few things Glad he got a shaker motor installed in his TNA (I think I was part of "the people" he was referencing about getting it lol). Congrats on the publication! Definitely a labor of love, as is obvious on every page!

#73 5 years ago

Thanks FatPanda - Dennis gave it a shot, anyway. Gobble holes forever! Ryan and I both appreciate the kind words about the book.

#74 5 years ago

<blockquote cite="#4883158"

The smell. It is something almost no other thing has on the planet.

Some people don’t like the smell. It can be very faint.

I like it.

#75 5 years ago

It’s the smell of old vice.

#76 5 years ago

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/03/07/coin-op-carnival/

I saw this on pinball news, but I am not reading the article. I am waiting to read the book.

In case you had not seen the article, here it is.

Seems like some good publicity!

#77 5 years ago

It's unfortunate y'all won't be headed to Allentown or Sturbridge - but this publication looks fantastic. I'll definitely be getting a copy, maybe more than one! Would make a great gift for friends.

#78 5 years ago

Thanks to This Week in Pinball for mentioning Coin-Op Carnival (and our Friday, March 22nd 8pm Texas Pinball Festival seminar) in today's #1 post. It's about things to watch for at the Texas Pinball Festival. See you this coming weekend for our grand reveal!!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-march-18th-2019/

...and of course on their podcast as well:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-39-with-greg-bone/

Also...

Quoted from JWJr:

Is it the 22nd yet?

...not soon enough.

Quoted from FatPanda:

I heard about this from the Eclectic Gamers Podcast and really enjoyed the interview with Nick.

Awesome to hear! Thanks to Dennis for having Nick on. Really wish I could have been a part of it but my schedule did not allow. NEXT TIME!!!

Quoted from FatPanda:

Congrats on the publication! Definitely a labor of love, as is obvious on every page!

Really appreciate your kind words, FatPanda.

Quoted from Azmodeus:

I saw this on pinball news, but I am not reading the article. I am waiting to read the book.

You are a man of great restraint!

Quoted from Azmodeus:

Seems like some good publicity!

Hard to beat!

Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

It's unfortunate y'all won't be headed to Allentown or Sturbridge

Those were both points of discussion, Mistermoberg. Alas, we can't make 'em all this year. We're doing our best to hit many corners of the US, though! We've got North, South, East, West, Midwest...

CCtourSchedule (resized).jpgCCtourSchedule (resized).jpg

...and if those don't work for you, as you mentioned, our online store will go live in less than a week (official launch date: March 22nd, 2019).

http://www.coinopcarnival.com/store/

Thanks for your continued interest and words of support, everyone! We really appreciate it and can't wait to share this new publication with everyone!!!

Sincerely,
    Ryan and Nick

#79 5 years ago

Open invite Ryan if you aren't making Allentown (surely you are at VFW same weekend) and want to sell books at Allentown - send them to me I will devote table space for you and I don't want a dime out of it... I'll sell what I can for you. Always happy to support the good folks in the hobby like yourself... Hell, set up a pre-order and have folks pick them up from me if you'd like. I don't need more to do at a show - but guys like you who DO things in the hobby need to be supported in any way possible. Let me know brother ! : )
    Joe

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Thanks to This Week in Pinball for mentioning Coin-Op Carnival (and our Friday, March 22nd 8pm Texas Pinball Festival seminar) in today's #1 post. It's about things to watch for at the Texas Pinball Festival. See you this coming weekend for our grand reveal!!!
    https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-march-18th-2019/
    ...and of course on their podcast as well:
    https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-39-with-greg-bone/
    Also...

...not soon enough.

Awesome to hear! Thanks to Dennis for having Nick on. Really wish I could have been a part of it but my schedule did not allow. NEXT TIME!!!

Really appreciate your kind words, FatPanda.

You are a man of great restraint!

Hard to beat!

Those were both points of discussion, Mistermoberg. Alas, we can't make 'em all this year. We're doing our best to hit many corners of the US, though! We've got North, South, East, West, Midwest...
    [quoted image]
    ...and if those don't work for you, as you mentioned, our online store will go live in less than a week (official launch date: March 22nd, 2019).
    Thanks for your continued interest and words of support, everyone! We really appreciate it and can't wait to share this new publication with everyone!!!
    Sincerely,
    Ryan and Nick

Wow! You're gonna be in Solvang!

Looks like I'll be taking a mini road trip in June.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Sincerely,
    Ryan and Nick

If we get one off the site, can we request an autograph?

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Open invite Ryan if you aren't making Allentown (surely you are at VFW same weekend) and want to sell books at Allentown - send them to me I will devote table space for you and I don't want a dime out of it... I'll sell what I can for you. Always happy to support the good folks in the hobby like yourself... Hell, set up a pre-order and have folks pick them up from me if you'd like. I don't need more to do at a show - but guys like you who DO things in the hobby need to be supported in any way possible. Let me know brother ! : )
    Joe

Hey Joe, thank you for the offer. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it or not, but I'm going to try. If I do make it, it'll likely be Saturday only (like last year). I'll be in touch!

Quoted from Coyote:

Yes, there is a notes section in the checkout - we'll be happy to autograph if desired!

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Yes, there is a notes section in the checkout - we'll be happy to autograph if desired!

Time to get those pens warmed up!

#84 5 years ago

Just saw this thread. As an EM pinhead, I'm even more excited now about PATZ!

The York show should be a great fit. I go there every year with my wife (also a Spartan—as my name demonstrates, I am not). I think EMs were actually the majority of the pins there last year.

By the looks of this thread, you might need some more cases of this first edition!

#85 5 years ago

Your Just missing this after San Diego.
    California Extreme 2019
    July 27-28, 2019
    Hyatt Regency Santa Clara

#86 5 years ago

Another wee update:

We're getting ready for the 2019 Texas Pinball Festival reveal of Coin-op Carnival's inaugural issue and the first stop on our North American Tour! Postcards just arrived...

IMG_20190318_181313793 (resized).jpgIMG_20190318_181313793 (resized).jpgIMG_20190318_181341292 (resized).jpgIMG_20190318_181341292 (resized).jpg

...complete with spot UV coating, rounded corners, and related fanciness:

IMG_20190318_181326897 (resized).jpgIMG_20190318_181326897 (resized).jpgIMG_20190318_181356013 (resized).jpgIMG_20190318_181356013 (resized).jpg

Okay, now for the important stuff...

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Joe

Joe...wow! That's quite the offer, as I KNOW how slammed you are at shows. I was at York in October 2018 and couldn't believe the line-up you had! Jersey Jack games, Multimorphic's P3, Chicago Gaming Remakes, The Mafia, Thunderbirds, and Spooky games! Not to mention all the totes and shirts of your own! So, believe me, I know this offer doesn't come lightly and really means a lot to Nick and I. As Nick mentioned...

I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it or not, but I'm going to try.

So, we'll see how that shakes out first. Hope to see you this coming weekend in Texas, though! Will you be vending there?

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Texas Pinball Festival! Comic-Con International!! Chicago Pinball Expo!!! ...and...the Book Loft?

oneOfTheseThings.gifoneOfTheseThings.gif

*LOL* Solvang is my hometown bookstore. They've been incredibly supportive of me over the years and I'll be visiting family, so it just made sense to do a hometown stop. Looking forward to meeting you there, PismoArcade!

Quoted from Coyote:

Thanks, Nick.

Quoted from pacmanretro:

Time to get those pens warmed up!

I think I'm ready...I've been practicing signing my name for the past 30-some-odd years. Here's hoping I don't freeze-up during game time.

Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Just saw this thread. As an EM pinhead, I'm even more excited now about PATZ!

Awesome! I'll be behind a table all three days. Please come introduce yourself, Wolvie!

The York show should be a great fit. I go there every year with my wife

Nick and I both love York. Such an incredible diversity of games, from Bingos, to Woodrails, to E.M.s, early solid state, DMD's, and the most modern of games (see the Pinball Star list I mentioned in this post!!!). I will not be at York this year, but Nick will be. ...which was a really tough decision for me, but we both thought it best if I opted for the Chicago Pinball Expo and a comic shop signing up in Wisconsin, rather than having us both double-up at York in 2019. You know...extending our promotional reach and all that. Anyhow, you'll have to make me jealous with stories of games you got to play at York this year!

By the looks of this thread, you might need some more cases of this first edition!

I guess we're about to find out this weekend! ...hard to believe it's almost here!

Your Just missing this after San Diego.
    California Extreme 2019
    July 27-28, 2019
    Hyatt Regency Santa Clara

We would love to visit Cal Extreme. Neither Nick nor I have ever been (despite me growing up in California). While it didn't work out for our packed 2019 schedule, you never know in the future.

Thanks, again, for all the support! We are SO READY to put this publication out into the world this coming weekend!!! Can't wait to hear what you all think once it's in your hands.

Humbled,
    Ryan and Nick

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

(despite me growing up in California)

That explains the lack of a midwest accent. I thought it was just because you're all smart & professorial & stuff.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Solvang is my hometown bookstore

Its this one Big Bird! This one, that one, no no, to the right!
    Well, going to miss you both. Good luck on tour and don't forget the split pea soup.

#89 5 years ago

Congratulations guys. Excellent work. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. And eating In and Out burgers.

#90 5 years ago

Thanks everybody, and apologies for my brevity. I've been traveling for work and am now packing the van. With regard to York - you betcha! I'll be there at a booth with Coin-Op Carnival and supporting Bingo Row as always. The Multi and at least one other game will make the trip this year.

I hope everyone is as excited as we are for TPF! Woohoo!

#91 5 years ago

Mine is shipping from Steve Young this Friday.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

For those not familar with Solvang, besides the Danish Scandinavan architecture/culture,
    one can also visit nearby Anderson's Pea Soup and MJs Neverland Ranch

#93 5 years ago

Welp, it’s getting pretty close!

ryanPacked (resized).jpgryanPacked (resized).jpg

My bags are packed with books, pins, postcards, shirts, stickers, original artwork, retractable banners and more, all in preparation for our new book release at the Texas Pinball Festival this coming weekend! I fly out in about 36 hours, however, Nick is already on the road...DRIVING FROM VIRGINIA (!??!):

nickPacked (resized).jpgnickPacked (resized).jpg

In addition to that box o' books you see, he's also got his incredible Multi-Bingo machine packed up, which will be available to play in our Coin-Op Carnival booth the entire weekend. If you've not seen this single-build machine before, make it a priority. Here's what it looks like when it's not wrapped in moving blankets:

mb (resized).jpgmb (resized).jpg

The dedication and craftsmanship Nick devoted to this project cannot be overstated. And don't be intimidated if you've never played a bingo pinball before, Nick will be happy to give you a tutorial.

So, as you're likely aware by this point in the thread, March 22nd, 2019 marks the release date of Coin-Op Carnival #1, the new series we’ll be working on for the next few years. This will be a four-issue limited series with subsequent issues released roughly every other year.

Copies will be available in-person this weekend at the Texas Pinball Festival or online at the dedicated Coin-Op Carnival webshop:

http://coinopcarnival.com/store/

coverCropped1000tall (resized).jpgcoverCropped1000tall (resized).jpg

We are SO excited to finally release this work and share it with you! Also, we cannot thank you enough for your overwhelming support during these few weeks leading up to the release. Can't wait to meet a number of you in Texas!!!

#94 5 years ago

Someday I will see & play the mythical multi-bingo! 'til then, I'll have to make do with electrifying tales of mechanical contraptions.

#95 5 years ago

The book looks very neat! I am looking forward to picking one up at TPF

#96 5 years ago

For anyone unable to attend the Texas Pinball Festival, it looks like they will be liveStreaming the seminars:

https://m.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar/profile

Tune in at 8pm CDT this Friday, March 22, 2019 to catch our Coin-Op Carnival presentation.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Welp, it’s getting pretty close!
    [quoted image]
    My bags are packed with books, pins, postcards, shirts, stickers, original artwork, retractable banners and more, all in preparation for our new book release at the Texas Pinball Festival this coming weekend! I fly out in about 36 hours, however, Nick is already on the road...DRIVING FROM VIRGINIA (!??!):
    [quoted image]
    In addition to that box o' books you see, he's also got his incredible Multi-Bingo machine packed up, which will be available to play in our Coin-Op Carnival booth the entire weekend. If you've not seen this single-build machine before, make it a priority. Here's what it looks like when it's not wrapped in moving blankets:
    [quoted image]
    The dedication and craftsmanship Nick devoted to this project cannot be overstated. And don't be intimidated if you've never played a bingo pinball before, Nick will be happy to give you a tutorial.
    So, as you're likely aware by this point in the thread, March 22nd, 2019 marks the release date of Coin-Op Carnival #1, the new series we’ll be working on for the next few years. This will be a four-issue limited series with subsequent issues released roughly every other year.
    Copies will be available in-person this weekend at the Texas Pinball Festival or online at the dedicated Coin-Op Carnival webshop:
    http://coinopcarnival.com/store/
    [quoted image]
    We are SO excited to finally release this work and share it with you! Also, we cannot thank you enough for your overwhelming support during these few weeks leading up to the release. Can't wait to meet a number of you in Texas!!!

Won't be able to make it to any shows anytime soon, but also hope to have a chance to see the multi bingo some day!

And OHHH the swag I'm missing!

#98 5 years ago

ready to buy online, will you have any more shirts available to pick from ?

#99 5 years ago

Ordered mine!

#100 5 years ago

I have enabled the checkout process on the site! Thank you to all who have ordered already.

Quoted from JWJr:

Ordered mine!

Thank you!

Quoted from swinks:

ready to buy online, will you have any more shirts available to pick from ?

Just the one shirt design at the moment. We may do more if there is interest. It is a very very small run, so if you would like a shirt, it is first come-first served.

In other news, I spent this afternoon setting up the booth for Coin-Op Carnival. I will be behind the booth all day tomorrow providing bingo tutorials and selling books. Ryan will be arriving with the rest of the booth accouterments, pins, and shirts, later in the afternoon. Please come say hello!

There are 401 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-op-carnival-a-new-em-focused-publication/page/2?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.