Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8D98A472-687B-45DA-A029-177D9DC647C9 (resized).jpeg
    coinmech (resized).jpg
    AACBB1A6-4263-4263-93D4-AE3B013F413E (resized).jpeg
    3BF50BD3-9FFF-4FCD-ACB6-AABE7E663431 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

I have 2 vintage clothing booths, where I have 2 of my machines set up, my top hand
    Pin takes 2 nickels for a game...and this works flawlessly- My El Dorado on the other hand, you have to put the quarter through-3 to 4 times before it will start a game....and not just kick the coin out the coin return.

Any tips out there? I’m new at making my games do anything other than free play.

3BF50BD3-9FFF-4FCD-ACB6-AABE7E663431 (resized).jpeg3BF50BD3-9FFF-4FCD-ACB6-AABE7E663431 (resized).jpegAACBB1A6-4263-4263-93D4-AE3B013F413E (resized).jpegAACBB1A6-4263-4263-93D4-AE3B013F413E (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 years ago

I’ve found that it’s easiest to replace the mech with anew imonex V9 cheap plastic mech
    It doesn’t have all of the security stuff the old mechs have (string cutter ect) so tends to be a lot more reliable

#3 3 years ago

Ah- that sounds perfect- yea I can see if this was in an arcade- in the late 70’s, I don’t think I need a string cutter... Thanks

#5 3 years ago

Try cleaning it off, maybe a drop of light oil on the pivot points of the cradle, etc

#6 3 years ago

Thanks all- really nice to see the manual

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from MH:

My El Dorado on the other hand, you have to put the quarter through-3 to 4 times before it will start a game....and not just kick the coin out the coin return.

See the screw circled in red that the red arrow is pointing too ? Turn it clockwise a little to make the door with the magnet a little closer to the mech.

If that door is open too much coins slip right through. Too little and they get stuck in the mech.

LTG : )

coinmech (resized).jpgcoinmech (resized).jpg
    #8 3 years ago

Excellent, I’ll give that a try.

#9 3 years ago

The coin mechanism in question was this one, the one pictured above- was taken from my Buccaneer, so I put the coin mech from above...and it worked perfect

This one must be out of adjustment, it will accept the quarter 1 out of 8 times, the quarter doesn’t get stuck- it just gets rejected into the coin return.

8D98A472-687B-45DA-A029-177D9DC647C9 (resized).jpeg8D98A472-687B-45DA-A029-177D9DC647C9 (resized).jpeg
    #10 3 years ago

Are these the same- meaning same model?

#11 3 years ago

Update- I adjusted the same screw that was circled above- now it works 7 out of 10 times- thanks for all the help.

#12 3 years ago

They’re a pain in the ass. Mine uses tokens and sometimes they just do whatever they want.
    I’ve had great luck with the plastic ones by imonex

#13 3 years ago

Wow they made a half dollar mech ?

The S.B.A mech will work with the newer "Presidential Dollar coins" https://www.usmint.gov/learn/coin-and-medal-programs/presidential-dollar-coin

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

The S.B.A mech will work with the newer "Presidential Dollar coins"

Because of the vending industry. When they designed a new dollar coin to replace the S.B.A. dollar coin. It had to work in existing coin mechs. So while it looks different. Size, weight, bounce, etc. etc. all had to be the same. This includes all the dollar coins made since the S.B.A.

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-mechs-tips-and-tricks?hl=exgametrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.