(Topic ID: 158492)

Coin mechanism

By oogiebooogie

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Comparitor_(resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

Need help in coin mechanism, I had set my machine to accept coins for single play. For the rest of my machines, it accepted it and credit 1 to the machine. It requires me to press the start button before I could start playing, else it will just keep on adding credits.

I have one particular machine that when I insert the coin, it starts the game immediately without pressing the start button. Continues to add more coins to it, it add another player in the game and launch the ball into play, does it means my coin mechanism is faulty?

#2 7 years ago

Which game are you speaking of?

Trying to understand type is it EM SS or DMD

#3 7 years ago
    #4 7 years ago

Go into switch test and see what the switches are doing.

#5 7 years ago

But I had change the mechanism to electronic, so it does not trigger the switch at the bottom.

#6 7 years ago

You still need to go into switch test and see what is happening in the switch matrix when you drop a coin in. Can you swap the electronic coin mech with 1 of your other games and see what happens?

#7 7 years ago

I think he means that he has the coin switch wired into an electronic coin acceptor (or comparator) and is using an output from the validator to credit the game and not a normal coin switch.

Probably something like this:

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_currency_supplies/42-1181-00
    Comparitor_(resized).jpgComparitor_(resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

Sounds like the shorting issue I had. I had bent a bulb socket to get access to something else, but I forgot to bend it back when I was done. It was touching another socket, and when I started the machine, it rapidly added credits and players.

Check the areas you were working on, if any to see if you accidentally created a short between two different contacts.

#9 7 years ago

I tried to replaced the coin box with a new set, it seems that it is the setting on the machine. checked every wire and don't seems to be shorted. the wire should be connected to N.O switches right?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-mechanism-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.