IMG_20210804_120115 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210803_185336 (resized).jpg
1c9ea9cdc80fb32f0a0772f182160254c8909cdb (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I have bought a Tong Li TW-850 digital coin mech, and Want to Connect it to my Stern Jurassic Park Pro, it has the Black 10 pin connector, and the coin mech has a 6 pin one... but how do i know what wire to solder together... cant Seem to find a discribtion for the wiring/collors...

Hopefully someone Can help?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

You need to know Stern's pinouts. To know if it has 12 volts and which two wires are for a coin switch.

Black ( ground ) and Red +12 volts DC.

Black ( ground ) and Green ( n.o. ) is your normally open. On a normal coin switch black would go to common and green to N.O.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the reply...

Im not sure, is this it?

Picture 2 doesnt have colorcodes... and you cant see what is pin 1-2-3 and so on, by looking at the node board...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago
Quoted from junkwavepete:

Im not sure, is this it?

If your game is a spike 2, yes.

LTG : )

#5 1 year ago

It is a Spike 2 but the 10 pin connector has 8 wires going into it... So picture 1, as attached, doesn't make any sense for me...

1c9ea9cdc80fb32f0a0772f182160254c8909cdb (resized).jpg
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from junkwavepete:

It is a Spike 2 but the 10 pin connector has 8 wires going into it... So picture 1, as attached, doesn't make any sense for me...
[quoted image]

The picture you have quoted is the Service switch, not coin. The second image in your previous post is the one you care about. Yes, it does not have wire colors, BUT, Black is 99% the times ground. So, that black wire is pin #1. The wire under it- barely visible in the pic, would be +12. Following that pattern, the Black/White would be your inhibit. And so on.

1 month later
#7 10 months ago

Thanks for all the help guys
I had help from my very good friend Soren Worre! And now it work's!

4 months later
#8 6 months ago

good, I have a coin acceptor tw-850. I programmed the 50 cent coin to give 1 credit and the 1 euro coin to give two credits in the coin acceptor. I turned on the white whater flipper machine and configured the pricing adjustaments and I have a problem that the 50 cent and 1 euro coin gives a credit, when I should only give a 50 cent credit and two credits at 1 euro

3 months later
#9 3 months ago

I would appreciate help solving this problem.

#10 3 months ago

It is likely that the two pulses are too close together.

Modify pricing settings, and tell the game that the coin switch that has the Euro (that gives two pulses) had the DBA (bill acceptor) on it.

That setting tells the game to allow quicker pulses/debounces.

1 week later
#11 84 days ago

thanks what are you saying is to change the slot number where the coin acceptor is connected in pricing settings?

the pinball machine has several slots in pricing settings, it has the left slot, the center slot and the right slot.

the coin acceptor is in the center slot.

#12 84 days ago
Quoted from pedroborges:

thanks what are you saying is to change the slot number where the coin acceptor is connected in pricing settings?

Yup!

I had to do this for one of my ECA mechs because its pulses were too fast.

#13 84 days ago

Thanks, see the picture please.
how is center slot i have to change the center units ?

IMG_20210803_185336 (resized).jpg
#14 84 days ago
Quoted from pedroborges:

Thanks, see the picture please.
how is center slot i have to change the center units ?
[quoted image]

That's not related to the pulse timings.

But you need to set those based on what the ECA is sending.
i.e. It needs to be set to the lowest value that the ECA sends on that coin wire.

So if 0.50 gives one pulse, and 1.00 gives two pulses, and a single credit requires two pulses, then the setting above would be set to 1, and set the setting "Units / Credit" to 2.

#15 84 days ago

For example, my ECA in my Twilight Zone is set up the following way:

ECA Output Channel 1 (TZ 'Left' Coin) - Nickles (0.05), 1 pulse
ECA Output Channel 2 (TZ 'Center' Coin) - Dimes (0.10), 1 pulse
ECA Output Channel 3 (TZ 'Right' Coin) - Quarters (0.25), 1 pulse
ECA Output Channel 3 (TZ 'Right' Coin) - Half-Dollar (0.50), 2 pulses
ECA Output Channel 4 (TZ '4th' Coin) - Dollar (1.00), 1 pulses

TZ configured that 1 unit = 0.05. So:
Units / Credit = 10 (0.50 for a single credit)
Dollar Bill Slot = Right (because that is the channel that gets 2 pulses for half-dollar coin)
Allow Hundreths = Yes (because nickles).

#16 83 days ago

thanks, I just have to change the units/credit parameter as you can see in the image below ?

IMG_20210804_120115 (resized).jpg

#17 83 days ago
Quoted from pedroborges:

thanks, I just have to change the units/credit parameter as you can see in the image below ?
[quoted image]

Yes.
If 1 coin click on the Center Coin is half a credit, then you need two clicks for a credit. So, 2 units/credit.

#18 82 days ago

Thanks,I change the units/credit parameter to two and I'm still the same with the problem. with units/credits in two to mark credits I have to put both the 50 cent coin and the 1 euro coin twice to mark credit on the machine

#21 79 days ago
Quoted from pedroborges:

Thanks,I change the units/credit parameter to two and I'm still the same with the problem. with units/credits in two to mark credits I have to put both the 50 cent coin and the 1 euro coin twice to mark credit on the machine

Not sure why I didn't see your answer, instead seeing the spam.

Okay - first, I apologize, I thought you were waanting 1 Euro for 1 credit.

So, change the units/credit back to *1*.

And then, if both coins are still only giving one credit, check switch test. Go into switch test, and insert 1Eur coin. See what the game reports happens on your coin switch. If you see two blinks, then good. If you see one, then your coin mech is not set up properly.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside