• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181203_101631 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hello all,
New to pinball restoration and I have a issue. I have a Bally EM Bow and Arrow Machine. The coin door I recently rewired. However on the second coin micro switch that I reconnected now sparks and burns when I hit the credit button on the game and smokes everywhere. The micro switch that I attached the wire too had a bit of a broken connector but I am still able to solder it and get a connection. I believe it is starting to make the other two wires connected to the three wire micro switch burn and smoke as well. Does anyone know why this would be? I am not sure if its becasue the micro switch has the connector missing or if it is something else.
Thanks

20181203_101631 (resized).jpg20181203_101631 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

I'm thinking that wire goes somewhere else. Do you have a schematic? The wire color looks to be red with white stripes.

Could be wrong but I don't see a reason for three wires on a coin switch. There are already two attached. That red wire probably goes somewhere else.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I'm thinking that wire goes somewhere else. Do you have a schematic? The wire color looks to be red with white stripes.
Could be wrong but I don't see a reason for three wires on a coin switch. There are already two attached. That red wire probably goes somewhere else.

Thanks! That could be the only issue is the other micro switch has 3 wires coming from it as well. Once I wire it on, the scores reset which is nice but if I disconnect the red wire the score reels wont reset.

#4 5 years ago

Schematic and manual are available here
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=362

#5 5 years ago

I was wrong. Looked at coin door schematic. E red/white wire runs between the two coin switches. It is attached to the normally closed lug of the switch. If it is still attached to the other switch, copy that.

#6 5 years ago

That micro switch is a make break switch. It wouldn't hurt to replace it if one of the lugs is broken. If you have had smoke and sparks, the switch probably failed internally too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-door-wiring-sparks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.