Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

My South Park game worked fine until I was trouble shooting and ran a coil test, holding the coin door switches in for the test. Fixed the issue and upon trying to play we discovered the coin door was missing the bracket that holds the switches in. How did the game play for months without this part? How can I get it to play again?

#2 11 months ago

Was the knob on the high power interlock switch pulled out during that time ?

If it has a knob pull it out, if not, tape it closed.

LTG : )

#3 11 months ago

You got it LTG. We discovered 100 mentions in the manual about pulling it out to allow coil testing, and finally noticed one small mention that closing the coin door with the switch in the “out” position would reset it. I looked closely and still don’t see how it works, but it does. Does it just stay in the out position at all times?

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Does it just stay in the out position at all times?

If you want high power yes. Your subject line indicates the switch isn't where it should normally be.

When installed correctly in the game. With the coin door open you can pull it out to turn on high power for testing coils and flashers. Or when you close the coin door, it pushes it in, doing the same thing, enabling high power.

#6 11 months ago

There are pictures in the manual and online, and they don’t show the bracket being there. The switch appears to be positioned like the pictures. I understand now how the switch works when it’s pulled out. But, I don’t see any physical contact when the door is closed. I suspect on this game the switch just stays out all the time, defeating its purpose.

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

But, I don’t see any physical contact when the door is closed. I suspect on this game the switch just stays out all the time, defeating its purpose.

Maybe you have a different door on your game ? Flap missing, or bracket missing.

It isn't hard to imagine the door closing and the knob of the switch pushing in. Lift playfield up out of the way and look at closed door and see what has to happen to make the switch closed.

At one time, the switch wasn't left pulled out all the time.

Maybe post some pictures of what you have going on there for some ideas ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lorain, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Spring , TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 2.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 35.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside