(Topic ID: 202290)

Coin door problem, 6.3v problem coming out from power supply, related?

By CoOlSlY

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CoOlSlY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171111_123208 (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    switch2 (resized).jpg
    switch1 (resized).jpg
    15102737318891527131375 (resized).jpg
    20171109_152725 (resized).jpg
    untitled (resized).JPG
    untitled (resized).JPG
    DSCN0797 (resized).JPG
    untitled (resized).JPG
    20170807_113036 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Yeah, you can't test AC like that, as you need to go ACROSS the transformer secondary coil. From the WPC manual you can see that here. Putting a probe on pin 1 with meter set to AC, put the other probe on pin 3,6,9, or 5 (they are all tied to the common point on the other side of the transformer winding) you should see a measurement of your transformer secondary AC. Make some sense?

The diagram below gives an idea, its from the WPC schematics manual, but appears a little different that your transformer setup.

untitled (resized).JPGuntitled (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from CoOlSlY:

Considering this (that on J2, I don't have on pin 1 and 2 6.3v but only on one of them (?)....
    Went to see where J119 was getting his power from and it's from J115

This is GI voltage, it's only for the lamps.

Switches are in the switch matrix, see page 3-15 of the Hurricane manual - the switches connect to J6, then leave the board at J1 to be trucked over to the CPU board

#11 6 years ago

The switch in question is the memory protect (#22 in the matrix "Coin Door Closed") GRN/RED col 2 wire in diagram below J6-6

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from CoOlSlY:

OK, I just saw the START button illuminate but not the 2 coins insert so I guess for this problem it's the 6.3v not coming in properly.
    And the other problem is the fact the machine doesn't know when the door is open or close which I don't understand how to test it either so I will call a service guy, thank's for all your help, it's just beyond my knowledge on how to test this GRN/RED J6-6 and the transformer.

Well, as Clint said "Man's got to know his limitations"

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from CoOlSlY:

I see on page 3-15 the diagram but where ie the #22 Coin door closed matrix?! Gathering the more info I could

Pg 3-19

#23 6 years ago

Pg 3-18 is numbered, the next page 3-19 has no number on it, just the lamp and switch matrix diagrams. The switch matrix chart is the bottom one. It's right there in the picture you posted. There's just a couple extra pages on IPDB digital copy online of manual addendments

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1257/Williams_1991_Hurricane_Manual.pdf

switch1 (resized).jpgswitch1 (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago

Using the table, find the switch and determine the row and column. There is the information on the wire colors and connector pins that are used to determine switch closures. Grounding the appropriate row and column signals the MPU of the switch closure.

switch2 (resized).jpgswitch2 (resized).jpg

#31 6 years ago

J205 pin 9 doesn't match what I have for schematics for the direct switches. Pin 9 goes nowhere.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#33 6 years ago

Ah, yes - I think I need the WPC-89 schematics and I don't see those online.

I would ohm from the connector, to the diodes cathode and then from the diode to the resistor. Check resistor and diode. This confirms the trace isn't damaged anywhere. Then try swapping the LM339s

#36 6 years ago

Good job!

Jumper wires are fine in most cases, when installed to IPC specifications. There are other methods if you can locate the exact break.

https://www.ipc.org/4.0_Knowledge/4.1_Standards/7721Change%201.pdf

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-door-problem-63v-problem-coming-out-from-power-supply-related?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.