(Topic ID: 322433)

Coin door light.

By CircuitRich

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    9146CC7A-BDEA-438E-AB1D-0F8141669C88 (resized).png
    381E4F2E-CE47-4925-A4D0-3C19D83C545F (resized).jpeg
    230EC701-DC37-48C7-AF38-C6A4D4A95C24 (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Last thing that does not work. Does not matter but the light in coin slot does not light up. I know just a light but it’s the last thing. Both wires have voltage. Both wires have continuity back to connectors in back box. 1 to power board green/red and yellow/black to lampboard. The light will light up if I ground the end green/red stripe wire. Kinda feel bad I cannot figure this out but here I am.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

Bad bulb ? Bad socket ?

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

I think I might of found the problem. No wires go to lampboard. Both wires go to j2 on recifier both not like the schematics shows wires in connector. The schematics shows green and red wire going into the general Illumination return pin not a spare ground pin. Are the schematics ever wrong on early Bally SS? Did someone just redo female connector clip and stuck in in wrong slot? Wires are no. 38 and 41.

230EC701-DC37-48C7-AF38-C6A4D4A95C24 (resized).png230EC701-DC37-48C7-AF38-C6A4D4A95C24 (resized).png381E4F2E-CE47-4925-A4D0-3C19D83C545F (resized).jpeg381E4F2E-CE47-4925-A4D0-3C19D83C545F (resized).jpeg9146CC7A-BDEA-438E-AB1D-0F8141669C88 (resized).png9146CC7A-BDEA-438E-AB1D-0F8141669C88 (resized).png
    #4 1 year ago

Bingo! I just bought this Mata Hara week ago and had all new Alltek boards and a new rectifier. Just not looking for the obvious but l guess when rectifier was replaced the female connector clips were replaced and was put back in wrong slot. Schematics were right! Moved green/red wire clip over one slot in the connector like schematics showed did the trick!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5 1 year ago

What’s the game ? Classic Bally Coin door lamps are usually 6.3 V AC direct from the rectifier board and are not controlled by the
    Lamp board

Put meter on Volts AC and test if you have 6 or more Volts . If you do it’s the bulb or socket

#6 1 year ago

Thanks KJL rectifier f2 plug connector the wire was but in wrong spot when someone else replaced rectifier and it’s connector clips. We Must of placed response at same time.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from KJL:

What’s the game ? Classic Bally Coin door lamps are usually 6.3 V AC direct from the rectifier board and are not controlled by the
    Lamp board
    Put meter on Volts AC and test if you have 6 or more Volts . If you do it’s the bulb or socket

Found the problem look at response above yours. Thanks

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from CircuitRich:

Are the schematics ever wrong on early Bally SS?

The rectifier board wiring schematic above says J2 pin 4 is a "SPARE GRND." but I'm looking at a factory rectifier board here and pin 4 it is not connected to ground or anything else. So consider that a schematic error.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Quench:

The rectifier board wiring schematic above says J2 pin 4 is a "SPARE GRND." but I'm looking at a factory rectifier board here and pin 4 it is not connected to ground or anything else. So consider that a schematic error.

That J2 pin 4 yes is listed as spare ground but it is not grounded. I tested pin 4 with DMM on rectifier board and no grd. So schematics was right because when I moved it off pin 4 spare grd to pin 5 the light worked because pin 5 Gen Ill Rt. tested with a ground with DMM.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-door-light and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.