You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20191128_203932 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191126_195232 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191126_195220 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I'm new here, bought my first pinball machine this week. A 1978 Bally Lost World. My question is I have 2 keys for the head board, and 1 key for the coin door. I want to make a second key for the coin door so I have 2 complete sets just in case. Does someplace like Home depot etc.. make these keys or is it more of a speciality key?

IMG_20191126_195220 (resized).jpgIMG_20191126_195220 (resized).jpgIMG_20191126_195232 (resized).jpgIMG_20191126_195232 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

unless it is a round key, then yes, your key can be copied

#3 4 years ago

At the Lowes store in my area, there is a machine you can use yourself to copy normal keys, assuming there is a suitable blank available.
I usually just go to the local hardware store, as they keys they make are usually a little better, but the machine will work also and is cheaper.

#4 4 years ago

This is the key.

IMG_20191128_203932 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_203932 (resized).jpg
#5 4 years ago

yeah I'd try local hardware, home depot first then a locksmith if a blank wasn't available at them places ... the 2'nd head key hang inside the coin door on the special "key hook".

https://www.pinballlife.com/key-hook-for-williamsbally-coin-doors.html

#6 4 years ago

Get familiar with pinballlife, you will end up spending a LOT of money there. I'd buy a new lock from them - comes with 2 keys, only $4

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Get familiar with pinballlife, you will end up spending a LOT of money there. I'd buy a new lock from them - comes with 2 keys, only $4

The locks are also available at Home Depot in the cabinet section, just measure your cylinder first so you can select the correct size.

#8 4 years ago

Could go "keyless" also https://www.pinballlife.com/keyless-coin-door-lock.html

pinball machines have a way of breeding so may wish to key all the same ...

great looking machine as well

welcome to Pinside

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from apocalypto:

This is the key.[quoted image]

If that access+ is your original one, it is already a copy. So should be super easy to have a blank made at most places. I believe even walmart has those.

Welcome to the hobby.

#10 4 years ago

go keyless, no need to create more heartache in your life keeping up with keys for home location use. drill em out, takes 5 minutes tops, locksmith will charge you $60-100

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

go keyless, no need to create more heartache in your life keeping up with keys for home location use. drill em out, takes 5 minutes tops, locksmith will charge you $60-100

See...I dont personally like keyless at all. Because then anybody can open door. If friends with little ones come over, I like knowing it is locked for safety reasons.....that and drunk friends that don't know coin op but can't keep hands out. Lol.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Not this one. It’s the most common utility key. 13 Cents ea in bulk,And made in USA.1 dollar each at my shop to pinsiders.

#13 4 years ago

I buy keyed alike locksets by the dozen, trust me you will use them all sooner or later.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I buy keyed alike locksets by the dozen, trust me you will use them all sooner or later.

That’s the best advice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-door-key and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.