9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hudson
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I brought this up in another thread and had a couple of questions about it so I figured it would be best to bring it up as a separate thread.

For Sterns (may be in some williams/bally games too), I feel this setting is a must. This feature turns on the ball saver when the coin door is opened. This setting prevents you from losing a ball if something happens on the game that requires you to stop playing and address the situation. The most common example I can think of for this would be when a bulb falls out during game play which always seems to happen during an epic game/ball.

The feature is in the standard adjustments setting and is normally towards the end. For example its 51 on ST.

I know this opens up the option to cheat as you can just open the door when your ball drains but if that's what makes you happy that's all you (unless you are in a tournament or planning on posting/bragging about that score later).

#5 9 years ago

When the setting is on the game will recognize that the coin door is open (high power cut off switch) and will activate the ball saver. The timer on the ball saver doesn't start until the coin door is closed again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-door-ball-saver?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.