(Topic ID: 85806)

Coin-Door Ball-Saver: admit it---you use it (a lot).

By cheesewhisperer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Hougie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 10 years ago

Only when I get to destroy the ring.

#3 10 years ago

Hard to use it when the keys are in the backbox.

#4 10 years ago

I have never used it, nor thought about using it... Why ruin the game?

#5 10 years ago

I found myself using it at least once a game. Sometimes the impulse to save a ball is overwhelming.
    I didn't like cheating, though, so after a while I took the key out and hung it on a little hook by the light switch. Problem solved.

#6 10 years ago

Boy, am I dumb....I never new this.....youd think after 41 years......

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

+ 1

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I still don't know what's going on here lol

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from tpn2011:

I still don't know what's going on here

I'm sure someone can explain it better than me...
    On my Stern, if a ball gets past your flippers, the simple act of opening the coin door (if done quickly) will activate Ball-Save, and ball is immediately put back into play.
    A nice feature for players with a stuck ball, no doubt, but certainly not meant for the way I was using it.

#10 10 years ago

Never considered doing that... never will. That's just not fun for me.
    Long ago I used to have a bad habit of restarting my game if I had a bad first ball. I don't do that any more. I've learned that some of the best games happen on one good ball anyway. Now when I have a bad first ball I usually try a new/different approach for the rest of the game, like focusing on hitting one particular shot, feature, or combos.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from mattosborn:

Never considered doing that... never will. That's just not fun for me.
    Long ago I used to have a bad habit of restarting my game if I had a bad first ball. I don't do that any more. I've learned that some of the best games happen on one good ball anyway. Now when I have a bad first ball I usually try a new/different approach for the rest of the game, like focusing on hitting one particular shot, feature, or combos.

same thing here....I practice the toughest shot of the game instead of restarting.

#12 10 years ago

It needs to be on for tournaments for a variety of reasons.

But if the purpose is using coin door ball saver as a ball saver when the ball drains, it would be easier to play with the glass off and socks in the outlanes.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

It needs to be on for tournaments for a variety of reasons.
    But if the purpose is using coin door ball saver as a ball saver when the ball drains, it would be easier to play with the glass off and socks in the outlanes.

Or Zip ties.... but who do we know that would do that????? Lol

#14 10 years ago

I will open it to "pause the game". Usually to grab my beer. LOTR is a long game!

#15 10 years ago

I fthe first ball is lousy, I do what yzfguy does and just practice those hard shots and try some creative shots and richochet shots until I am ready for the next game.

#16 10 years ago

I always forget this is even available - hmmmmm I *do* usually lose the ball on the last shot to destroy the ring... so maybe next time...? hmm

This is causing me a bit of a moral crisis now - got the devil and angel from JY speaking in each ear

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I have never used it, nor thought about using it... Why ruin the game?

This ^^^

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

I will open it to "pause the game". Usually to grab my beer. LOTR is a long game!

On Lord, just lock a ball for two towers, then you have actually earned that beer!

I have never used this lame cheat, and never will.
    And as far as game restart goes, just turn it off in adjustments, then you can't be tempted to dump a bad game.

#19 10 years ago

I do that too (after a lock). I have had to run and do something for my wife or kids in the middle of a game and didn't feel like dumping a great score. If its in a vuk for a second I think thats a little different than saving the ball from draining.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-door-ball-saver-admit-it-you-use-it-a-lot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.