3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ant16bar2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi I have 1963 gottlieb Sweethearts game just a question is there a adjustment .My coon door works and credit wheel but when I put in a dime in 10 slot it starts game and subtracts a credit should be adding a credit any help

#2 3 years ago

Based on my experience with a few Gottlieb machines from the 50s (and I just checked a schematic from one to make sure), activating the coin switch (with coin drop) ultimately activates the subtract free play coil in the replay stepper during the start up routine (if there are replays available, otherwise there's a "zero free play" switch on the replay stepper that prevents this--or at least as far as I understand it!). In other words, if you have replays on the credit wheel when you drop a coin, you also lose a replay.

I'm not sure if machines from the 60s are like this or not, but you should be able to tell if this is normal operating procedure on Sweethearts by checking the schematic. I assume only newer (relative term) machines put replays on the credit wheel when a coins are dropped.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks you for your help I have a gottlieb North Star it’s on free play and coin if I have 10 or so games and add a quarter it will register 3 games

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-door- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.