Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by cfh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Working on a Paragon and ordered some 1-11/16" coil sleeves. Just noticed the actual/correct sleeves are 1-3/4". I mocked up a slingshot, saucer, and flipper coil with the shorter sleeve and it seems like everything will work out but was curious if this will cause any problems down the road?

#2 8 years ago

I can't imagine the 1/16 of an inch making too much of a difference, as long as the coil sleeve is long enough to clear everything it needs to.

#3 8 years ago

I believe 1-11/16" are the correct size sleeves for early SS Ballys, and 1-3/4" are for Williams. All the sleeves I took off my Centaur and SI were the shorter 1-11/16" ones, and when I replaced them with some leftover 1-3/4", several of the mechanisms actually "bottomed out" or came very close to it. I took off the extra 1/16" with a Dremel (no sense in placing an order just for a dozen coil sleeves) and that made a big difference. PBR notes the longer sleeve is for Williams, the shorter for Bally, although he calls it a 1-5/8".

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I believe 1-11/16" are the correct size sleeves for early SS Ballys, and 1-3/4" are for Williams. All the sleeves I took off my Centaur and SI were the shorter 1-11/16" ones, and when I replaced them with some leftover 1-3/4", several of the mechanisms actually "bottomed out" or came very close to it. I took off the extra 1/16" with a Dremel (no sense in placing an order just for a dozen coil sleeves) and that made a big difference. PBR notes the longer sleeve is for Williams, the shorter for Bally, although he calls it a 1-5/8".

Very interesting piece of info. I took a tape measure to the old sleeves that came out of the machine and the actual measurement was 1-11/16". I measured the "1-11/16"" coil sleeves I ordered from Marco and they're really 1-5/8" as you noted. Strange.

#5 8 years ago

Right Bally and Gottlieb coil sleeves up to 1988 are 1/16" shorter than Williams. And yes that 1/16" makes a lot of difference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coil-sleeve-1-34-vs-1-1116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.