Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Coil works once or twice, but then seems to bind up. It makes the very short pulse but doesn't really fire the kicker. It's a low power coil on NGG. I kind of recall similar thing on another game where a low power coil kicks ball out of a saucer back onto playfield, but I forgot what the solution was. Maybe binding??? Thanks

#2 1 year ago

I'd start by cleaning it. Be sure coil sleeve isn't cracked or broken. End of plunger isn't mushroomed and binding in the coil sleeve. And at the bottom if coil stop or grommet, be sure it is there and in good shape.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coil-fires-but-then-get-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.