• Latest reply 3 years ago by Waxon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_1253906741625049 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

My firepower II burned its original 850 DC coil for a metal that prevents the pellets from returning, this was left upside down heating the coil and rendering it useless
Three years ago, as I was fixing this problem, I placed a coil that I had as a spare, which is a green 1200, the ones used by Bally's Harley Davidson
It has worked very well, but is it bad that I put this coil while the original was 850 DC?

received_1253906741625049 (resized).jpegreceived_1253906741625049 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

If you install a stronger coil than intended, that means the ball gets flipped harder within the game. When the ball moves faster and harder than intended, it can cause damage to parts on the playfield.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Si instala una bobina más fuerte de lo previsto, eso significa que la pelota se voltea más fuerte dentro del juego. Cuando la pelota se mueve más rápido y con más fuerza de lo previsto, puede dañar partes del campo de juego.

Nothing else replaces it, the only one that burned, which is the green one shown in the image, it is more in the coil test mode, if the game detects that there is a ball in the green coil switch, This will hit it with less power, but it is only that the only case, as it is made of metal there I do not think it damages anything, does it?

#4 3 years ago

Oh, I thought you meant flipper coils.

In either case, it is best to install the recommended coil.

Even metal parts can wear and deform.

#5 3 years ago

The 26-1200 coil is weaker than the original 23-850, so it will not break anything. If it has enough power to kick the ball to shooter lane, it is OK to use.

Of course it would be best to always use an exact replacement.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

La bobina 26-1200 es más débil que la 23-850 original, por lo que no romperá nada. Si tiene suficiente poder para patear la pelota al carril del tirador, está bien usarlo.
Por supuesto, sería mejor usar siempre un reemplazo exacto.

Someday I'll try to get the original

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coil-?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.