1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by Busta386
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Hey everyone, just resubmitting this post. I don't know if it helps doing so, but here it is. thanks!
    I fixed this guys coffee mat star battle for the most part. Lots of things board wise wrong with it. Might have been lightning or who knows what. Anyways, I've fixed I\O problems, sound problems and down to one last thing. One of the roms output pins isn't behaving properly and the IC itself is getting hot. I can't keep it on to do much troubleshooting so not to further damage the chip. I've tried reading the chip and programmer says it reads fine but....either it's reading wrong or it's programming the one wrong. I have a feeling it isn't reading it properly since it's getting hot. Does anyone have the correct rom file or can someone read theirs and send me a file. I'll happily pay.

thanks a million!

3 months later
    #2 1 year ago

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has the rom file. Once I get mine up & running I might sacrifice my motherboard in a quest to suck the ROM out of the board.

#3 1 year ago

PinMame could use a copy of the files too.
    Just for safe keeping and it would be possible to check if the rom files are correctly working.
    Maybe upload the files to the ipdb too.

9 months later
    #4 8 months ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has the rom file. Once I get mine up & running I might sacrifice my motherboard in a quest to suck the ROM out of the board.

any chance you had a chance to get your coffee mat up and running?

thanks!

5 months later
    #5 85 days ago

I also may need a new rom chip for my Star Battle, if you are able to get the rom off yours please let us know!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coffee-mat-star-battle-rom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.