• Latest reply 1 year ago by TopMoose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220921_081147_resized (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I'm excited to update the code on my Deadpool Pro, but seem to be having some trouble. It's my first modern Stern game, so maybe someone can help me out and guide me through it?

My understanding is that I can download the new code from the Stern site, place it on a USB flash drive, plug it into one of the USB ports in the backbox, boot up the game and the code update will start automatically.

So I downloaded the new Deadpool Pro 1.08 code, and got those two files onto a flash drive. When I opened my backbox, I found that one of the USB plugs already had something in it:

20220921_081147_resized (resized).jpg20220921_081147_resized (resized).jpg

I'm not sure if this is normal, but I took that out, plugged in my flash drive and powered on the game. Instead of updating the code, it just booted normally.
I figured maybe it needs to read the files from the original folder, so I re-loaded the flash drive with the code files inside the folder and tried again. Same result.

Any idea what the problem could be? Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted first? Maybe a problem with my flash drive? And what's that mysterious USB plug that I found?

Thanks in advance!

#2 1 year ago

Do you have insider connected? I believe that is the wifi dongle. If you have the ability to run an Ethernet cable to your DP, you can use the open port on top of the spike 2 board. Plug an active ethernet cable in their and go into the insider connected menu and update via that way. It can be done over WIFI but I find it takes forever and a day.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Do you have insider connected? I believe that is the wifi dongle. If you have the ability to run an Ethernet cable to your DP, you can use the open port on top of the spike 2 board. Plug an active ethernet cable in their and go into the insider connected menu and update via that way. It can be done over WIFI but I find it takes forever and a day.

Thanks - My game does have Insider Connect, but I'd prefer to go the USB route, if at all possible. My internet is too weak to connect to IC (even with a booster nearby) and too far away from the router for an Ethernet cable.

#4 1 year ago

found this on you tube. just make sure your USB drive is formatted as FAT partition type.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

found this on you tube. just make sure your USB drive is formatted as FAT partition type.

That's probably it - thanks.

I looked around a bit and found an extra long data cable that I was able to run from my router, across the hall, down the stairs and through my living room to the game. From there, I could set up a connection and get the new code installed about 40 minutes later. But if I ever need to make more updates, I'll make sure my flash drive is formatted correctly.

#6 1 year ago

Oh, and BTW, I couldn't make a connection without that little USB thing installed, so it is essential for WiFi.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 64.99
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/code-update-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.