Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Defcon_5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I am trying to update code and it appears on my "game code update" it has been stuck on 366/2761mb for over 20minutes.... did it freeze? Do I turn the game off? Is there something I can do?

#2 7 years ago

Is it has been 49 minutes..... does anyone know if I can just turn the game off while it is trying to update?

#5 7 years ago

Could it be a bad file? Or bad thumb drive?

#6 7 years ago

It says to check the manual for troubleshooting but there is no troubleshooting in the manual

#7 7 years ago

Should I leave it on all night and just call stern in the morning?

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Should I leave it on all night and just call stern in the morning?

I don't know leave it on or turn it off. Definitely call Stern.

LTG : )

#9 7 years ago

Ok so just an update for future reference. I took a deep breath and turned the game off with it being froze in mid update. I took the flash drive that I had plugged into the left USB port ( couldn't find a port name ; I think it was C15 or 16 but couldn't tell) and I plugged it into my computer and noticed that there were two files and a folder on the stick. I know there should only be two files and no folders ... not sure if this was the problem. I deleted the one folder and installed the flash drive into port c9 the USB port on the right hand side. I started the game and it automatically said download complete and then went into the update process again. It ran the full complete upgrade and in 15-20 minutes i was back up and running with the new code.

#10 7 years ago

Yes you only want to install the 2 files inside and NOT the entire folder.

#11 7 years ago

I saw this happen, with just the 2 files outside the folder as they should be, powercycling the machine fixed the issue and the installation completed when it was turned back on.

5 years later
    #12 1 year ago

Thank you so much for testing it out. The same excate Problem occured with my Godzilla Machine and I only found this thread! Helped me to survive those horrible minutes!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/code-update-frozen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.