Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gi-joe-the-battle-shirt.png
    image-820.jpg
    image-249.jpg
    Stern-Code-On-Stick.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bowz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I've had a conversation with Gomez once about this very issue (when I bought Hulk LE). He really does want customers to be happy and complete code out there. Talked about testing code before it's released with avid players with Stern to ensure feedback from players perspective. Commented on wanting to do the right thing but putting out dates is a lose/lose for them if they need to slip due to changes/schedules. Understood online forums discontent. All sounded terrific and there is no question he is genuine in caring.
    But while that conversation gave me confidence again in Stern and future codes - I haven't seen the change yet in behavior. That's what's bumming me out. I get not giving dates as they are lose/lose. But why not state which games will be getting code updates? I'm struggling to see the downside, other than if a game is not slotted for an update it MAY impact its sales. But that's a stretch. If the word on the street is code is incomplete on a game - speculation won't improve disti sales - only new code will. Seriously, what is the the downside?
    I know we always find a reason to complain on pinside or RGP and viewed as never happy. To some extent it's true. We are a passionate bunch but sometimes we get what we ask for and still find a reason to gripe. But sticking your head in the sand hoping it will just go away is not smart in the "boutique" era with pinball competition.
    I get Stern always states they want to keep the manufacturing facility constantly running to maintain jobs. That is a fact. And why they focus on new games to pump out to keep the engine going they can't slow down the factory and have designers focused on code of released games. The model is broken though guys. But that's hard to see when orders and pre-orders continue to come in from disti's falling over themselves to get the LE's for us. So in Gary's eyes, stick to the tried and true game plan. I think that's the rub. Gary versus rest of team that see the avalanche forming. Pure speculation my part but no designer is happy after pouring blood sweat and tears into a design with their name on it to hear a community speak loudly "Nice design but code stinks - not interested."
    Jack may run into this problem too with wrapping up WOZ code while starting work on Hobbit. Interested to see how he handles it as all the companies seem to be chasing "finished code". At some point you need to say stop. I think we are all saying - just say it then instead of leaving us in the dark.
    I still have hope Stern will correct this. Nice to see a post on FB but as others said - just go one step further and name the games. At least we'll know if ours is not on the list rather then getting more pissed later.

This is a well thought out statement, and one that I believe most of us totally agree with.
    I do think that if they were to say what games they were working on, people who's games weren't being worked on code-wise might cause quite a stink, and possibly cost them customers down the line(but I also hope that they adopt the idea of full disclosure, but I'm not sure that they ever will.)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bowz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/code-update-from-sterns-facebook-page?tu=bowz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.