Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gi-joe-the-battle-shirt.png
    image-820.jpg
    image-249.jpg
    Stern-Code-On-Stick.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zaxxis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from bmunn1:

Simple, hire more coders. Have Lyman and designer map out the planned rules, modes, light show, sound and wizards and let a mass of coders develop and test. It's called project management and supervision which seems like Stern is incompetent in its software area. They have individual talents but no means to leverage to multiple areas at once. They have no excuse for the price they charge. People need to talk with their wallets. I haven't bought a new pin in about 4 years due to my frustration with BDK (so close to being epic).

And if we get 9 women, we can have a baby in a month!

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from bmunn1:

You must work for stern. My 25 years of software development coding and project management of large highly complex systems ranging Cad/cam, production line monitoring and PDM thinks your out of your depth.

Nope, 16 years of IT and this is the typical mindset I've experienced in many shops. Usually means we're onto the project death march

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

As a software engineer, having owned a software company, and been on massive design/engineering/development teams, you sir clearly haven't a clue. A collaborative project, done with version control, project management, and specific tasks, can absolutely be done in a fraction of the time (and likely better and with significantly fewer bugs) than via a single expert.
    Do you think one person writes MAME? Google's Apps? Amazon's website? iTunes store?
    Thank you for opening 2014 with the most misguided post I've seen yet.

How does not anyone get "And if we get 9 women, we can have a baby in a month!" is clearly sarcasm? Especially a phrase that is repeated in many IT shops every day? Jesssh.

My point is that "throwing bodies" or "Simple, hire more coders" (as previously mentioned) is not always the solution, yet it's what most people immediately jump to when software development falls behind schedule.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zaxxis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/code-update-from-sterns-facebook-page?tu=Zaxxis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.