Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gi-joe-the-battle-shirt.png
    image-820.jpg
    image-249.jpg
    Stern-Code-On-Stick.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LP30.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Us folks on Pinside probably are the most vocal when it comes to code, but I suspect that the total % of the business that comprise collectors/home use is still a smaller than ops.

A smaller, but not insignificant part of the market. Gary stated that the market is 50% North America and 50% overseas. In the North American market, home users account for 40%. Overseas, the home markets is a very small percentage and OPs dominate it. That leaves the home market at least 20% of the total, and the portion that buys their higher margin LE's.

One of the problems these long delays creates is loss of enthusiasm for a game. That is very hard to get back. Instead of building on the early success of Metallica LE to sustain its price momentum and move large numbers of premiums, we've had this delay. I think Metallica can still recover some of that, but a game like XMen has been so tarnished, I don't know that it can ever recover. As an owner of all of these titles over the past couple of years, the amount of depreciation does matter when I eventually need to sell to make room for another title.

The code is only part of the issue. The significant engineering issues with Xmen LE, Avengers, and METLE have had an impact as well. I was glad to see the STLE release delayed to address the VUK issue. It has been the most sound of the recent Stern releases. I hope that is a sign for future titles. I think the entry of competition into the market can only make that better. I know my next NIB isn't a Stern. It's a small thing to them, but it's the only part of this process I can control.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LP30.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/code-update-from-sterns-facebook-page?tu=LP30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.