69 days ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 62 days ago by bingopodcast
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D4638730-08B0-4AD5-9D15-68D8EF4797E3 (resized).jpeg
    A86FED19-149A-4ED9-A6A8-8C344341C26A (resized).jpeg
    0FC87944-6A24-4B03-A6B0-2F0A59E3FFF5 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg

#1 69 days ago

I just bought a New Continental Golden pinball bingo machine. It turns on but will not go in play mode. The tilt flashes and it says Code- Err. 06. Can anyone help me fix the problem. Thanks

image (resized).jpg
    #2 69 days ago

Nice game!! Did it come with manual or schematics?

#3 69 days ago

Is the tilt switch closed? Does it attempt to reset at all?

#4 69 days ago

I have the manual of a Continental Magic scanned here:
    https://www.flippers.be/basics/101_bingo_machines.html

maybe it can help you troubleshoot the issue.

I don't know much more about bingos so can't answer specific questions.

#5 67 days ago

Thanks for the response. This is my first pinball machine. I don’t know much about them. I do not have a manual or any paperwork. Aeneas, thanks for the link. I will check it out. I’m not sure where the tilt switch is, or how would I reset the game? Thanks

#6 67 days ago

I don't know anything about bingo machines, but this looks like a manual to it
    http://danny.cdyn.com/ngcmanual.htm

#7 67 days ago
    Quoted from Mikeyp2212:

Thanks for the response. This is my first pinball machine. I don’t know much about them. I do not have a manual or any paperwork. Aeneas, thanks for the link. I will check it out. I’m not sure where the tilt switch is, or how would I reset the game? Thanks

EDIT:Nevermind. Apparently this is a solid-state bingo.

#8 67 days ago

Thanks for all the info. Interesting to read on how these were gambling machines. Probably would explain the metal bar with metal buttons above the coin deposits. I really hope I can by pass the programming that’s sounds like May only be available from some guy in Belgium.
    Vireland... What you said, makes some since. The person I bought it from said it worked fine for a while. He didn’t turn it on for a long time, and when he did, this code popped up. He said he was going to test all the fuses but never got around to it. This machine is well taken care of and looks in nice shape. I will post more pics as I would like to know what some of the switches are for inside. I really want to get it operational. I only paid $100 for it, and to me, the appearance of it sitting there is worth that. I’ll keep you posted

#9 67 days ago

There are not switches to clean with a flextone, this is a solid state machine.

I've never worked on a solid state bingo, so can't comment beyond saying good luck!

The manual should tell you what the error code is, if the manual is complete.

#10 67 days ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

There are not switches to clean with a flextone, this is a solid state machine.
    I've never worked on a solid state bingo, so can't comment beyond saying good luck!
    The manual should tell you what the error code is, if the manual is complete.

Ah, didn't know bingos made it into the solid state era!

#11 67 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

More
    Ah, didn't know bingos made it into the solid state era!

They are still made today in Belgium. Some of the first games to use what we consider modern technology in pinball.

#12 67 days ago

Here is some pics. I’m assuming the weights hanging down are the tilt mechanisms on the inside. Does anyone know what the little toggle switch would be next to the row of lights that indicate how many balls are inside. Thanks.

0FC87944-6A24-4B03-A6B0-2F0A59E3FFF5 (resized).jpegA86FED19-149A-4ED9-A6A8-8C344341C26A (resized).jpegD4638730-08B0-4AD5-9D15-68D8EF4797E3 (resized).jpeg
    #13 64 days ago
    Quoted from Mikeyp2212:

Here is some pics. I’m assuming the weights hanging down are the tilt mechanisms on the inside. Does anyone know what the little toggle switch would be next to the row of lights that indicate how many balls are inside. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unless there's something unique to bingos, those tilt bobs are installed upside down. The big part should be hanging on the bottom of the two in the picture.

I don't see what you're pointing to on the coin door. The slam tilt switch is bent WAY too far back, but that's about all I see...

#14 64 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

those tilt bobs are installed upside down.

Not unique to bingos, unique to games where tilt actually matters (many older games use this setup, as well as some modern games like bingos). In the case of bingos, you're talking big bucks. So if the tilt bob fails, it needs to fall down and instantly tilt the game rather than sitting on the bottom of the cab and preventing tilting...

#15 64 days ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Not unique to bingos, unique to games where tilt actually matters (many older games use this setup, as well as some modern games like bingos). In the case of bingos, you're talking big bucks. So if the tilt bob fails, it needs to fall down and instantly tilt the game rather than sitting on the bottom of the cab and preventing tilting...

Interesting. Never realized there would be a reason to flip it the other way since it limits the swing.

#16 64 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Never realized there would be a reason to flip it the other way since it limits the swing.

There's a whole world of unusual info to explore with bingos and the cat and mouse approach to anti-cheat. Pretty cool to read about on a rainy day.

While it limits the upper part of the swing, the lower is still free to fly back and forth. Tilt is super critical in these games (and many 30s/40s/50s games).

I mentioned it above, but bingo pinballs were using solid state tech in the early 1960s. Pretty neat!

Regarding this particular game, I'm still clueless, though. Sorry OP. If you haven't tried already, try emailing Danny - email on danny.cdyn.com

#18 62 days ago

Thanks guys. I will try and email Danny. Is there a way of resetting the tilts? Just trying to do process of elimination on why the error code is on. I appreciate the help.

#19 62 days ago

It may be displaying tilt by default - showing that the machine is out of order.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00
    $ 29.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 19.99
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,348.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Plastics
    Maple Street Sign Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside