Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rascal_H
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Are these things worth anything? I'm really not passionate about getting one but there's a Star Trip available in my area at a what seems to be a reasonable price ($900 OBO). Thought it would be something neat to have if you could pick it up for cheap but I'm really not in a big rush. What's the right price for something like this? Is there a demand for these?

#2 11 years ago

Think 900 is way way overpriced. Average ebay price from bostonpinball shows to be 450-550. Granted, that's only 8 tracked sales over like SEVEN YEARS, and they're likely all in the US....so if you've got a real woody for the game, then it might be worth paying the price for it if it's in excellent condition, because otherwise you may be waiting a year or more for another to show up.

#3 11 years ago

I definately wouldn't pay $900 for it. I don't care if I get it. I thought it's kind of cool so if the price was right I'd take it but if I'm shelling out $900 for anything I'd be adding money to it and buying one I want. I made an offer VERY low on it. I don't expect to get it but I thought if he's desperate to get rid of it, I'd help him with that cause.

I was just curious if these are actually sought after games. Appears to be in nice shape.

#4 11 years ago

Only cocktails worth picking up are Night Moves or Carribean Cruise, they have Gottlieb electronics in them. The others have lots of unobtainable electronic parts and are a service nightmare if anything goes wrong with the boards - which is very probable. The Gottlieb based cocktails can be had around $1K give or take, the others are around $500 working and $100 not working.

#5 11 years ago

I just looked at a video of Carribean Cruise. It seems Gottlieb used some of the sounds Fx from this pin in making Super Mario. LOL. Neat game.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Only cocktails worth picking up are Night Moves or Carribean Cruise

I have a NM and it's very good, even when looking at other machines and rulesets around the same time. I am currently looking for the lesser known "CC" now.

I agree, they are the only two good players, but some of the others are ok, if you have a spot for it.

#7 11 years ago

I found one that was 750 same kind talked him down to 625 and still thought that was to high. even though his father worked at gameplan I just didnt want to pay his sentimental price

#8 11 years ago

I have a cocktail machine called Circa 1933. Made by Fascination in 1979, it uses
Allied Leisure boards and parts. It has the same playfield as Roy Clark and
Take Five, just different artwork. It was in pretty good shape when I bought it
and I was able to get it 100% working. I only paid $125 for it and that was only
because the CPU board worked otherwise I would have passed.
The biggest problem I see is finding replacement parts. The bumper stroke
rings are plastic and it didn't take long to break 2 of them. I found replacements
but I'm going to retro fit the bumper assemblies with Bally bumper parts before
anymore break.
There isn't much of a market for cocktail machines but if you have the room for
one, they make a neat novelty game that most people have never seen. I actually
played cocktail pinball machines on location back in the 70's so It brings back
memories for me.

#10 11 years ago

Caribbean Cruise is Sys3-based whereas Night Moves is Sys80B so the former is a bit more reliable by comparison, if you believe Sys3 is more reliable than Sys80.

The others are older. Some are more difficult to repair and some parts are definitely more difficult to get. However, Game Plan cocktails usually have a bad MPU, but replacements are available. Steve Young has coils and some other parts.

Game play is in general, meh on most of these. Some games like Rotation VIII (http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2019) are just cool to have but a cocktail is tough to justify in a small collection, thus the low prices.

Of course, being in Canada, choice and price are both limited and higher respectively. You have to factor that as well.

viperrwk

#11 10 years ago

+1 on Rotation VIII

www.polzin.ca
Tim

#12 10 years ago

I have a NM and it very enjoyable and also a big crowd pleaser in the man cave. Its worth more to me to keep than the $500 I could get for it

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from candyman:

I have a cocktail machine called Circa 1933. Made by Fascination in 1979, it uses
Allied Leisure boards and parts. It has the same playfield as Roy Clark and
Take Five, just different artwork. It was in pretty good shape when I bought it
and I was able to get it 100% working. I only paid $125 for it and that was only
because the CPU board worked otherwise I would have passed.
The biggest problem I see is finding replacement parts. The bumper stroke
rings are plastic and it didn't take long to break 2 of them. I found replacements
but I'm going to retro fit the bumper assemblies with Bally bumper parts before
anymore break.
There isn't much of a market for cocktail machines but if you have the room for
one, they make a neat novelty game that most people have never seen. I actually
played cocktail pinball machines on location back in the 70's so It brings back
memories for me.

I had a Circa 1933 and a Roy Clark! Circa never worked buy my Roy was in great shape. Sold it for 500.

Now I have a "Foxy Lady" by Game Plan. I paid $225 and I love it. Mostly for the Wheel of Fortune-esqe spinner gimmick. Also makes a great sofa side table to rest my drink on

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 14.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cocktail-tables and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.